The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry Felipe, but the wand experience has always been (and will probably always be) a group "show" and not an individual experience. The wand keeper can choose up to I think 3 people at once, so if a family comes in with multiple kids he can choose all of them and not make siblings unhappy. It won't be a "wait in line to be the one chosen" experience. It's random (well, randomish - the wand keeper obviously tries to choose someone who will appreciate the experience and play along well). The experience is quite moving. It's not at all humorous or played for cheap laughs. It's very easy to get teary-eyed during the wand experience, even if you aren't the chosen one. I will say, my impression upon actually seeing it with a large group was that they pulled it off quite well, and I don't think too many people will be upset even if they aren't chosen.

It was never promoted as a show or I must have missed the memo :shrug: I'm not saying it won't be amazing to watch, but people will be coming from far far away, spend a lot of money and line up for a long time to be chosen by a wand, not to watch a show. Especially the multitude of HP fans who are going and expecting to have a wand choose them because this is the only place in the world where they can do this. You can bet 90% of them will be VERY upset if it's a group show and they find out after they lined up for 2 hours. HP fans are some of the most passionate and outspoken, and it will get ugly. If that's what Uni is planning they need to find a better solution.

--- Update ---

For anyone who wants to see another wand from Ollivanders, from @ericaeeks:

She also has the Butterbeer souvenir/refillable mug :)

a4c6032762893387735c4bacf886d928_5026010.jpg

I'm SO getting one of those!

^^
They do need to come up with something better, but as far as we know, this is what we're getting, so let's all just deal w/ it and stop :deadhorse: so I stop :bang:.

It was never promoted as a show or I must have missed the memo :shrug: I'm not saying it won't be amazing to watch, but people will be coming from far far away, spend a lot of money and line up for a long time to be chosen by a wand, not to watch a show. Especially the multitude of HP fans who are going and expecting to have a wand choose them because this is the only place in the world where they can do this. You can bet 90% of them will be VERY upset if it's a group show and they find out after they lined up for 2 hours. HP fans are some of the most passionate and outspoken, and it will get ugly. If that's what Uni is planning they need to find a better solution.

I agree. Wait until the Dursleys arrive. And there will be thousands of ANGRY Dursleys.

I know it's most likely that we're getting a group experience, but if you don't like it you better speak up now so hopefully Uni listens and accomodates any changes now while they still can make any adjustments. Once it's grand opened any changes will be very hard to pull. I've voiced my concerns, so I'll stop now for the sake of everyone's sanity LOL!

Its been confirmed that each person can have a wand choose them. That wouldn't be fair for one person to experience this and everyone else gets to watch.

The line WILL be long for this because this is a UNIQUE experience, so when the gates open you need to decide, WAND or FJ?

Unless there are 25 "effects", I doubt that everyone in the room will have the opportunity to be chosen. Its simply not practical. From what I understand there are three effects, so don't exppect for more than 3 people to be chosen. Even this doesnt make sense, as two people would be cheesed off that the wand did not choose them.

Again, having seen the experience a couple of times, I don't believe most reasonable people will be upset by it. The experience is charming and most will be thrilled to see it in person. There will be a few die-hard fans who won't be happy unless they are the chosen one, yes. There are always a few like that. I admit, I went in really wanting to be chosen the first time. I left after feeling extremely enlightened by the experience and not at all unhappy that I wasn't. I went into the Owl Post next door, found a wand that I liked, and purchased it. My only disappointment was that the wand was not capable of making time move more slowly so I could stay in Hogsmead longer! My magic must be rusty! There is no way to do it as an individual experience. Even at 25 people at a time, with a relatively limited number of people, Ollivander's consistently had a queue all night.

One other point: I've been in WW a few times now for various reasons, and I've NEVER seen the show building. Sure, I know it's there, but doggone it there's just too much themeing and decor around to even notice it. Those who do see the show building are just looking for something to be out of place in my humble opinion. Once inside the WW, you really feel 100% immersed in the world. Little things like the show building, exit signs, and other "theme parky" things seem to completely vanish when you're looking in awe up at the beautiful castle!

Woud you be able to do the whole world w/ just 1500 people in park from 10pm to 1 am and still have extra time?

Are you going to the Infinitus event too? I was wondering about that; it seems like the only way I might get to have the wand choose me at Ollivanders.

Yeah, My plan is to run in there beg, the wandkeeper, and pray. One of the perks of the convention is that I'll be the youngest one at the event, so hopefully I'll be chosen. But can I do everything in the park in 3 hours w/ 1500 people?

Last edited:
From giant4203 twitter feed.

# Ride vehicles cycling 13 minutes ago via twidroid

# Pumpkin juice is also a complete and total win about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# Butterbeer is the most amazing thing ever about 2 hours ago via twidroid

# This place is so awesome about 3 hours ago via twidroid

Well I for one am speaking up right now. I am going to be really "Peeved" off if after driving 542 miles, in a rented mini van, with a 6yr old, 12 yr old and 18yr old that all want to experience the wand choosing them to have to only sit back and watch someone else get to experience this and them not. Or even worse one of them and not the other two.

I personally would enjoy the experience myself being a major Harry Potter fan myself but I know my kids will be crushed. Major vacation downer. So it turns out that most likely I will not get the experience myself and from the sounds and looks of things I will not be able to ride FJ. I am not super huge but I am over weight and have a very ample chest region so even if I loose weight (I have been on a serious diet since Jan. I may have to resort to fasting) I still may not be able to ride due to my chest size.

So I am just screwed out of the 2 major things I wanted to do on my trip.:':)':)':)bang:

All this money and money is tight in this day and age. I can't just pop over on a whim and go this trip has been in the planning stage for about a year now. We have major obligations to consider.

Talk about unfair we wait hours just to get into Ollivander's to watch someone else get chosen and then not even buy the wand. As my 12yr old just put it when I told him...."That Sucks". Normally I would get on to him for such language but this time I have to agree with him.

Yeah, My plan is to run in there beg, the wandkeeper, and pray. One of the perks of the convention is that I'll be the youngest one at the event, so hopefully I'll be chosen. But can I do everything in the park in 3 hours w/ 1500 people?

I'm gonna be one of the youngest too, haha. Are you sure it ends at 1 AM though?

EUREKA! I had an epiphany!!! :lol:

Monday June 18, 2012

HARRY POTTER and the CONQUEST OF THE LOST CONTINENT!
After the immense success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and its award-winning restaurant, the Three Broomsticks Inn, which has earned the title of best theme park restaurant of the year twice consecutively since its inauguration, Universal is celebrating the island’s two-year anniversary by making a long expected announcement. Today we learned that Universal plans to demolish what is left of the Lost Continent island, which includes former gourmet champion Mythos, to continue expanding the extremely popular but claustrophobic Wizarding World of Harry Potter. In the past Universal had been adamant about keeping the Lost Continent area, mainly to preserve its crowning jewel Mythos Restaurant. But Mythos’ winding popularity brought upon by culinary rival and neighbor Three Broomsticks Inn cannot be denied and Universal has made the final call.
Once the conquest is complete it will earn Potter the title of Islands of Adventure's biggest island, an accolade previously held by Potter’s other neighbor, Jurassic Park. CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 4.

:happy:

Last edited:
Ollivander's Wand Shop

Hey folks,
Haven't posted in a while, but I can add something to the debate going on now about the limit of guests being selected for the wand experience in Ollivander's. I worked at Harry Potter the Exhibition and our preshow was the sorting hat. Every 5 minutes a maximum of 50 people were brought into the pre-show area and of that only 3 (maybe 4 if each sorting went quick) were chosen to come up and be sorted. And children (first years) were given priority, but anyone could be sorted, even those who jumped up and down to be selected and then when asked what their favorite house at Hogwart's was, they had no clue. I always thought that was funny. But we had plenty of groups with die-hard HP fans and many coming away unhappy that they were not chosen. So, if WWoHP has any kind of a similar queue, with say bringing a max of 25 people through every 5 minutes, then the key is to get there early or very late. At the very last entries of each day, sometimes only a group of 3 would be coming through, and guess what, they all were sorted!

And not to ruin any magic for those going to see it in Toronto, but the presenter (dressed in wizard robes) was able to choose with a remote control inside their sleeve which house the sorting hat would place the guest in, with a pre-recorded message for each house. When I was sorted, the sorting hat told me, "Ahh yes, a ready mind, you belong in...Ravenclaw!" :)

I love how people have strategy to get picked because in all honest its a bit ridiculous because it is random. You can't be the 1st in the door & beg the wand keeper to pick you because guess what you do that you probably won't get picked. There is no certain way to act or behave that will get you noticed more than another so just relax & let what happens happens. Yes I am a die hard & will in general be one of the ones POed if not picked BUT it's not going to help my moral if I go in with a "plan" to be picked & it still doesn't work than go back with another "plan" & still don't get picked. It's random dumb luck so don't let it ruin your day because when you go to buy your wand if you pick the one that matches your Birthday that is the one that would have "chose you" anyway in the shop.

EUREKA! I had an epiphany!!! :lol:

Monday June 18, 2012

HARRY POTTER and the CONQUEST OF THE LOST CONTINENT!
After the immense success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and its award-winning restaurant, the Three Broomsticks Inn, which has earned the title of best theme park restaurant of the year twice consecutively since its inauguration, Universal is celebrating the island’s two-year anniversary by making a long expected announcement. Today we learned that Universal plans to demolish what is left of the Lost Continent island, which includes former gourmet champion Mythos, to continue expanding the extremely popular but claustrophobic Wizarding World of Harry Potter. In the past Universal had been adamant about keeping the Lost Continent area, mainly to preserve its crowning jewel Mythos Restaurant. But Mythos’ winding popularity brought upon by culinary rival and neighbor Three Broomsticks Inn cannot be denied and Universal has made the final call.
Once the conquest is complete it will earn Potter the title of Islands of Adventure's biggest island, an accolade previously held by Potter’s other neighbor, Jurassic Park. CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 4.

:happy:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ever let that happen, Uni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I also hope I get picked the first time, that would be magical, but, hey, that's what AP's are for! :lol:

Last edited: