The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 328 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alright need some help here, some of this may have been answered but if anyone could answer this it would help me out a lot.

1. Is tonight the last night for employee previews?
2. After employee previews is it possible to just open at anytime?
3. I am worried about the chair talk on FJ, and I have never had a problem with any ride and not being able to fit in the restraints should I be concerned?

1. Tonight is the last scheduled TM Preview.
2. Maybe.
3. Maybe. Giant4203 is attending the TM Preview tonight and said he is going to check out the restraint issue.

1. Tonight is the last scheduled TM Preview.
2. Maybe.
3. Maybe. Giant4203 is attending the TM Preview tonight and said he is going to check out the restraint issue.

Thank You very much, that restraint issue is really bugging me. To have to wait three years for this and just miss it would be devastating.

^ Our 2010 project is better!:boxing:

Thank You very much, that restraint issue is really bugging me. To have to wait three years for this and just miss it would be devastating.

No problem. My concern is also the restraints but not the size issue. I'm concerned on the whole claustrophobic issue. I'm somewhat claustrophobic and it would be disappointing if it really is that tight-squeezed.

I wonder if Robbie Coltran rode FJ? He's not in the shot of the 4 other actors who rode together. He's a good sized guy and if he rode, I'm sure lots of people who may be concerned would have nothing to worry about.

Any updates via twitter or do we have to wait until later tonight for any updates?

Ok again thank you very much, and has everyone else noticed the hours at IOA next Friday close at 8 and Sat and Sun close at 9pm.

do people think AP previews orsofts will begin by next saturday?

Well, next Friday is the beginning of the previews for those who purchased packages. As for Softs and/or AP Previews, it's a possibility but I'm not sure. This project is just too unpredictable for me. :lol:

As much as I appreciate people's desire to want a perfect product, the same people also need to see reality. All of those wishful thinkers assumed that Universal would do something about the hideous show building, that you could actually go up in the castle courtyard, that you could just walk through the castle at your own leisure, ... I even thought that the greenhouses would be enclosed (because it's ridiculous that they're open), but that didn't happen either.

Logic will tell you that having separate show for every person that wants a wand is a nightmare. And you thought that the line for Pteranadon Flyers was bad! By doing it this way, it becomes an attraction as well as a gift shop (which technically adds a new attraction to the land). If this thing is as good as people say it is, then watching the show should be a lot of fun, too.

We're all speculating here and it's ok because anything is a possibility at this point. They have previews and softs to try things out. There were people in the Pow Wow like Kyle and Stacey from the Orlando Smiles thing who went together to Ollivander's and both got the experience and their own custom wand. Maybe for TMs they changed it because the previews are 3hrs long only. Maybe they changed it because maybe a lot of people from the Pow Wow ended up not getting to see the experience. We don't know for sure. For all we know they could open Ollivander's as a first come, first serve experience and "too bad for those who ran out of time today!" Or maybe they have definitely changed it to groups where only one per group gets the experience, but that's not the only logical solution. I think one option for a happy middle would be to implement a queue system with two lines: one for "get-ers" and another for "viewers." There can be a bouncer guy that at a time lets in a family(or group) of getters and then 10 or 15 viewers behind them. That could work and it would please more people. I understand that if there's not even space for one queue how they could implement two... but it's an idea.

Last edited:
Sorry Felipe, but the wand experience has always been (and will probably always be) a group "show" and not an individual experience. The wand keeper can choose up to I think 3 people at once, so if a family comes in with multiple kids he can choose all of them and not make siblings unhappy. It won't be a "wait in line to be the one chosen" experience. It's random (well, randomish - the wand keeper obviously tries to choose someone who will appreciate the experience and play along well). The experience is quite moving. It's not at all humorous or played for cheap laughs. It's very easy to get teary-eyed during the wand experience, even if you aren't the chosen one. I will say, my impression upon actually seeing it with a large group was that they pulled it off quite well, and I don't think too many people will be upset even if they aren't chosen.