The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 327 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lockers are not required. The ride includes a pouch for loose items -- the Sorting Hat told me so!

There are lockers though -- located inside the dungeon entrance, to the right. To the left is the queue entrance.

Interesting, so if that is the case then then the Kuka arms are not going to be inverting after all, unless it some sort of sealable pouch, I wonder.

This is a huge indication on how intense/weak the ride is.

As Snape replied to Umbridge, "No idea..."

(now remind yourself what Snape meant when he said that...)

Ok he says that when Harry is trying to tell him that Voldemort has Sirius at the Department of Mysteries. So are you telling me that the window has a view of the arch from the Department of Mysteries? Or the the whole Department of Mysteries?

--- Update ---

I'll take a wave if I'm right :smiley:

No, snape understood and was hiding the truth from umbridge, and was going to tell the order. So Teebin knows, but is hiding the true answer from us.

Last edited:
No, snape understood and was hiding the truth from umbridge, and was going to tell the order. So Teebin knows, but is hiding the true answer from us.

correct & yes the locker situation is very telling but the pouches are VERY small so anything more than a cell phone you still need a locker for. Love the new pic you can clearly see where the fiber optics light up

Hey it wouldn't hurt if the department of mysteries arch is what we see in the window, that would be pretty cool.

But one thing I'm wondering is if the ride goes upside down at all? Thats the thing I SUPER curious about.

Isn't that black strip a bit small to show a fiber-optic sign? Or a sign of any sort? What am I missing?

It's not the black strip look below the school crest on the left side you'll be able to spot some lettering

Oh & when UO sends me a e-mail that says "Go inside Universal's The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" & it's NOT about me actually going inside as a passholder for a preview I do feel like killing something. (yes it was simply showing off the video with the stars)

Last edited:
So do your feet dangle? For some reason I thought the cars were enclosed?

Take a chill Felipe, did you expect me to sit down and shut up when you called me arrogant? Stop with the attacks man. All I was saying is that all the preview people seem to say the same exact thing..1 person out of the group. I don't understand why you have to keep holding on to this arguement.

Anyway.....Now that the ride has been officially ridden, maybe they will have a heart and open it to employees. Kinda unfair to let the famous people ride and not the actual employees? No?
Looks like it's open-air. It's almost literally a flying bench, without a place to store your valuables. It's just you, the OTSRs, and the people sitting next to you.

As much as I appreciate people's desire to want a perfect product, the same people also need to see reality. All of those wishful thinkers assumed that Universal would do something about the hideous show building, that you could actually go up in the castle courtyard, that you could just walk through the castle at your own leisure, ... I even thought that the greenhouses would be enclosed (because it's ridiculous that they're open), but that didn't happen either.

Logic will tell you that having separate show for every person that wants a wand is a nightmare. And you thought that the line for Pteranadon Flyers was bad! By doing it this way, it becomes an attraction as well as a gift shop (which technically adds a new attraction to the land). If this thing is as good as people say it is, then watching the show should be a lot of fun, too.

WARNING: DEAD HORSE APPROACHING
This is almost an example of how authenticity is going to make a lot of people a little upset. The shops are small and quaint to make it more authentic. You probably can't buy a lot of common theme park food (Coke/Sprite/..., bottled water, popsicles, popcorn, ...) because it's not authentic. Ideally, there would be several wand shops to handle the crowds (in order to have each person go through the experience), but that would take up a lot of space and probably look tacky in the process. Not authentic.

Imagine how happy all of those meal deal / refillable souvenir cup customers will be when they can't get standard things in this brand new land. It may very well be that you can't even refill your premium beverage cups at all here. I'm sure that will go over well with your average paying customer! The lines at the Fire Eaters Grill and The Watering Hole are going to be ridiculous now because of this new (hopefully short-lived) policy.
NOTICE: DEAD HORSE LEAVING

But one thing I'm wondering is if the ride goes upside down at all? Thats the thing I SUPER curious about.

I can only verify that at one point, you will be laying on your back and could use a pillow and a soft banky yet you should not consider rolling out of bed as you will be 20-25 feet in the air. (meaning, there is a position on the ride much like the released vehicles in the warehouse picture). Cool thing is, you will get a millisecond rest in that position and be in tragic danger, and the transition away will be most terrible and gut wrenchingly fast.

You can assume that there will be a few moments on this ride that rise to the occasion of the incredible hulk launch. Imagine that force 3-4 times in 3-4 minutes.

Last edited:
Oh & when UO sends me a e-mail that says "Go inside Universal's The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" & it's NOT about me actually going inside as a passholder for a preview I do feel like killing something. (yes it was simply showing off the video with the stars)[/QUOTE]

I just got the same e-mail. I actually gasped, and my wife is now making fun of me for it and will probably continue to do so all night.

Lockers are inside Hogwarts rather than in front, and items will be required to be placed in the lockers. Like all other locker-requiring attractions, the lockers will be free for the duration of the line/ride experience. If you get to the load platform with larger parcels (purses, backpacks, etc.) you will be required to go back to the lockers to secure your belongings, just like with the other locker-mandatory rides. But people will want to take pictures in the queue. To accommodate this, as well as accommodating those who forget they have their sunglasses in their pockets, or their cell phones, or loose change, etc. FJ will also have very small pouches under the seats for those loose articles. A ride tester claims he got a wallet, cell phone, and pair of sunglasses in one but had to really work to make them all fit. It's not a huge storage bin. It's a pouch. Another interesting factoid I picked up at TM previews: Since your feet dangle but there's not room in the pouch for flip flops or slip on shoes, and since you exit on a different platform but can't sit on your shoes safely, you will be given rubber bands to secure your shoes to your feet for the ride. I can't wait to see that!

So, why hasn't anyone here twittered Matt Lewis and Oliver and James Phelps and ask them if they really rode the FJ and what they thought of it? They have been quite talkative about being at UO but have said nothing about FJ. I have never had a twitter account and never will... but I know quite a few of you do. So, go hit them up and see what they respond.

Alright need some help here, some of this may have been answered but if anyone could answer this it would help me out a lot.

1. Is tonight the last night for employee previews?
2. After employee previews is it possible to just open at anytime?
3. I am worried about the chair talk on FJ, and I have never had a problem with any ride and not being able to fit in the restraints should I be concerned?