The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 325 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
35j9kp3.jpg

not a picture but a screencap

--- Update ---

and another pic

335f6zn.jpg

Last edited:
Atticus, how sound is the rumor that Busch crafted Hogs head Ale?

Not very; word-of-mouth from TMs attending the preview. Logic suggests that it is a Busch product, though: Universal has, in the past, forged deals with SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. Also, the presence of Bud/Bud Light suggests that if they were going to ask a company to provide a low-cost but brand-priced product, they wouldn't waste time with a new (and competing) contract or go overseas.

I suppose that make sense. I guess they could have made a strong Scottsh Ale..but its more then likely a little "watered" down to appeal to the masses. Still look forward to trying it, but my hype is a little lower. Would have been cool if one of Florida's many awesome Micro-breweries would have been contracted instead. Cigar City in Tampa would have been PERFECT.

Appreciate the reviews, I'm insterested in eating a warm cauldron cake, that sounds sooo good.

I can't wait to try BB and the Hogs Ale regardless of who made, good beer is good beer.

New pic on Universal's Facebook of the cast but you also get a clear shot of the FJ test seat

31838_393134252851_90867402851_4255815_7024317_n.jpg

A few things of note: The small black strip on the statue post (towards the top) may be where the words appear?
You can clearly see the FJ TMs by the gate dressed as students
Those seats do look very cramped

--- Update ---

I wonder if they will leave the projector on lol.

How do you think I got that video? Only way to know if it's on today is go in & check it out

Last edited:
I just got this week's copy of Entertainment Weekly in the mail. There is a small write up about the Wizarding World. The article states that they toured on May 17th, raves about Butterbeer twice, but doesn't have much of anything new. There was mention that FJ was not running on that date and critique that nothing moves in the greenhouse (EW observes that this is a missed opportunity.) There is mention of certain merchandise items and their prices:
Sneakoscopes- $15
Peppermint Toads- $7
Quaffles- $20
Bludgers- $22
Golden Snitches- $15
Firebolt Broomstick- $300
Sirius Black's wand- $25

Flight of the Hippogriff and Dragon Challenge

There is little to say about FOTH because it's the same ride, only in a basket-weave looking Hippogriff train. The Buckbeak AA, Hagrid's Hut, Fang's barks, and everything else have been covered. So moving on...

Others have commented on the DC queue and I am in agreement. The tent is decently themed with punch bowls and wizarding snacks, much like we could imagine a Magical VIP or catered event. The goblet of fire uses blue light projected through mist to create its effect. The line continues on to show the Triwizard Cup, and soon there are eggs. Then..................(forever later)...............you get to the dragons. No bones, skulls, cages, spider-webs, Merlin-heads, or much else. It's better lit than before, and the sound of Harry Potter music is just weird for me. The Ice Dragon is now the Horntail, and the Fire Dragon is the Chinese Fireball.

I always imagined that they would take the opening rooms and make them look like you were entering the Forbidden Forest, and then use the caverns as just that -- a cave, leading to the dragons. But I guess the tie-in to the film was a must.

A note on Photography: The "Please NO Photography" signs were out and this rule was definitely enforced all night long. Now that I've been to WWoHP, it makes sense to me why UO is trying to keep the curtain over everything still, especially FJ. Simply put, anticipation, excitement, and imagination reduce a consumer's price sensitivity. In other words, the more you hype something up, justify its quality, but keep the details of the experience secret, the more people will be willing to pay in order to get that item. In this case, vacations. Universal is wisely (and tenaciously) defending its secrets, which are worth thousands to all sorts of people around the globe. Now having seen most of it, I see that Universal has created the most legitimate competition to what Disney claims to sell (and often delivers on) -- an experience that is unbelievable.

These posts, I realize, are reaction and analysis to some of those secrets. In sharing, I hope it's clear that I do not possess insider information, especially about FJ -- almost everything about Hogsmeade and the FJ queue, however, has been photographed, discussed, or deduced. My goal is to build more excitement about these things, especially for those who are in Europe or other parts of the country and are bringing their families at an extraordinary cost. Already WWoHP is exceeding our highest expectations. (Notice I say this in a post about Dragon's Challenge...haha, irony).

Next post: Forbidden Journey Queue

For TMs and TAs who have been there I started a review section for WWOHP.

Dunno if the mods will like it or not, but I figured this section can stay speculation.

In Dumbledore's office can you actually walk around in it. Because if you can, can't you flip the pages to the book, and if they don't flip there glued. ??

I will be at IOA in a week and a half and hoping WWOHP will be open for softs for the general public. The plan is to make a mad dash for FJ as soon as the park opens. What would you say is the fastest way to get there? Through Marvel, Toon, and Jurassic Park? Or through Seuss Landing and Lost Continent?

It’s definitely shorter if you go through Seuss and LC.

However, please keep your experience at the wand shop to yourself, it's arrogant to think that what you experienced is what will actually happen. This was a "special event" and in reality everyone that enters the park will have a wand choose them. Don't be so foolish.

:rolleyes: Now you're being snide. That was obviously directed at me… You WERE being arrogant. You WERE claiming that you were the only one being realistic here and that is arrogant. Atticus is telling us about the TM event, stating the facts from HIS personal experience. He's not claiming that's how it will be for the general public. Stop trying to pick a fight. This is my last post on this matter…

Moving on…

Atticus, thanks for your reports! :rep: I especially like the one for the Magic Neep :lol:

There is mention of certain merchandise items and their prices:
Golden Snitches- $15

I wonder if those are the remote controlled Golden Snitches or just prop ones.