The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's all a conspiracy, but nobody on OU realize it.

IOA is trying to convince the world that TFWOHP will open on time with every feature working as designed. That is not the case.

Forbidden Journey still does not work.

The Harry Potter cast did not ride it.

The actors just had a seat on one of the ride benches and acted as if they rode it, just like they are paid to do.
And little green men from Mars built the Egyptian pyramids too.

You know, the ironic part was that the first thing I thought was that they actually didn't get to ride it. Then again, the way I see it, the ride's gotta be done and in testing now, so who knows. Only they know.

Which is fine, because I figure by the time I get over there to Orlando to see everything, it'll be up and running smoothly, so I guess I really can't care. XD

Sorry, but back to the wands! I feel Gambit and Vyrus have the correct idea. The experience will be for those who have first paid for a wand. Everyone can watch, but only the person who paid for the wand gets the wand. I may be cynical, but the wands "must" sell for much more than $25 each. Bibbidi experiences top out at near $200. Maybe the wands are $250 each or so. Guess I need to work a little overtime!

People have already purchased wands for 25 bucks and saw the replica ones that were more expensive. What will be 250 bucks are the brooms. Also, everybody who's been through the experience mentioned that in Ollivander's they have the wand selection process and then they move on to Dervish and Banges where they either choose to buy the wand that selected them, buy a replica wand, or buy no wand at all.

But, yeah, maybe in the future they will turn it into a paid experience... I hope not... I just wanna wait and see this for myself before passing judgement on the process or anything else.

Last edited:
Hey guys. First time poster here, but been following the thread for quite a while. Thanks for all the info.

I don't have any sort of insider info, but I had an idea about the way they could have made the Ollivander's experience a little more efficient (I don't know that this isn't the case, but I would think someone here would already know).

Since it's obviously more of an "attraction" than a "shop," couldn't they have made it so that groups of people (25 or whatever) are split off from the queue and sent into 2 or 3 separate but identical shops? That way, multiple groups could witness the experience at one time. At the moment, the only thing I can think of that illustrates what I mean is Wild Arctic at SeaWorld Orlando, where you are separated into different motion simulator rooms that run simultaneously.

Again this is just speculation and probably pointless :p but I think an interesting idea.

emmawand_ww.jpg

emma

wow, it seems like the REAL movie LAMP as made its way to the PARK.

If you look at the Ellen Video, the lamp there was the NORMAL lamp I said (which also exist on the table of Dumbledores office,
which I said was TOTALLY different from the movies. But no one noticed it, (i know, because it doesnt really matter)

but, with the Emma Watson photo came out, I was llike, OH THE MOVIE LAMP
I wonder if that lamp is only for SHOW, because the actors are here, but that normal lamp was temporary
and now we get the real Ball-like Lamp.
I hope this is in the Dumbledore office too! ( I am really picky about lamps..hehe)

one thing is i noticed is the wind fan in the front of the table (about Emmas waist height, the metal netting area)

it blows wind sync with the light when the magic happens.

in the movies it blows harrys hair upwards.
kids are probably going to get a kick out of this!

Attended TM previews last night. Throughout the day, I will post some reactions and thoughts as they relate to our discussions on this board.

I'll start with wands. Ollivander's was the very first thing we did -- the line grew by twenty yards in the 5 minutes I waited to enter. Inside, as already explained, the detail is extraordinary -- you want to grab the boxes and start looking for yourselves. The character seems to be... an appendage of John Hurt's portrayal of Ollivander in the first film -- a little creepy, very cute, and old; a fitting presence! Out of the group of 20 or so guests, the character chooses ONE -- in our case, the most excited and giddy to be there. He took her through an extensive examination and trial with several wands that didn't work, until the 3rd wand chose her. Just follow the scene from the film, and you've pretty much got it! No more guests were "chosen" by wands -- just the one. ...It was a 3-5 minute experience for that one person, so it's no wonder they didn't do it for everyone.

We were herded into the wand shop. Wands go for ...$24.99, including character replica wands. The detail is intricate, and even though you are only purchasing a keep-sake or decoration, there is an enormous "wow" factor when you pull out the long, thin, high-quality box (embossed with the "Ollivander" brand), pry it open, and find your wand (heavy and solid) in form-fitted padding. They are also selling a ..."Dumbledore's Army" wand set for over $100 that includes 5 wands (including Luna Lovegood's, which cannot be purchased individually). ...The wand shop itself is TINY -- the size of maybe 3 bathroom stalls.

The wand experience will certainly be popular and loved -- but I asked one of the managers there what UO had planned for queueing this attraction -- because that's what it is. It's a mini-show that offers very short supply in the face of monstrous demand. They will be forced to build a formal queue, post wait times, and/or put a price on the experience. If they do price it, then each guest needs to be "chosen".

--- UPDATE W/ QUESTION: --- Upon reading what I've just posted, out of respect to those who want to be completely surprised when they go I have whited-out some spoiler-ish details. Highlight if you are interested.

Last edited:
I hate to be a pessimist, but I wondered the same thing. Were they just put on the seats for a photo shoot?
They are actors and can pretend they actually rode it for promo purposes.
The guys dont look so amazed, and she does say herself after all "That was unreal", so was it a set up?
But that said, I do hope it is working eeeekkk:doh:

It's all a conspiracy, but nobody on OU realize it.

IOA is trying to convince the world that TFWOHP will open on time with every feature working as designed. That is not the case.

Forbidden Journey still does not work.

The Harry Potter cast did not ride it.

The actors just had a seat on one of the ride benches and acted as if they rode it, just like they are paid to do.
And little green men from Mars built the Egyptian pyramids too.

Last edited:
I will be at IOA in a week and a half and hoping WWOHP will be open for softs for the general public. The plan is to make a mad dash for FJ as soon as the park opens. What would you say is the fastest way to get there? Through Marvel, Toon, and Jurassic Park? Or through Seuss Landing and Lost Continent?

Filch's Emporium

It will become monotonous and repetitive to declare this space as tight and restrictive. It was so claustrophobic that, after wading through the sea of TMs, I accidentally took the exit to the backstage area. But the merchandise is worth the struggle -- and while I don't have all the prices memorized, here are some items and prices to give you an idea.

The most expensive item in WWoHP, according to a well-informed TM at Filch's is... Wizard's Chess at a whopping $400. No, it doesn't move on it's own, but it is a highly detailed item. ...Second, is... House Chess; decorated gold and silver (Gryffindor vs. Slytherin), the chess set is quidditch-themed and priced at $300. ...An item that surprised me at its expense is the... Marauder's Map. It's encased in a glass frame with hinges, but it is elaborate, extensive, and exactly like one would imagine it -- minus the footsteps of living beings. $64.95. ...One final unique item, that the TM took me to the cash register to check out, was... Mad-eye Moody's staff -- this would be an amazing thing to have if it wasn't so damned heavy! But it was a really cool item; I did not request the price.

The regular post-ride shop items can be found, many of which tempted me. Sirius Black wanted-poster coffee mugs, Bellatrix t-shirts, stuffed unicorns, owls, phoenixes, Crookshanks, and Scabbers (who is appropriately missing a toe). Hogwarts journals, beer steins, towels, pillows, throw rugs, and clothing. Even Voldemort action-figures (more like a doll...). To quote the lawyer from Jurassic Park, "We're going to make a fortune with this place!"

Tight quarters will be the chief complaint of every shop and space in WWoHP, minus the Three Broomsticks, which will be the topic of my next post. But Filch's is wonderfully themed and contains many items unique to it in WWoHP, and the staff were very knowledgeable about their shop already.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantaguy
Heres the thing guy's, we all know how the media loves to chop things up i.e. "Here's Dumbledore walking around" Then again it says that clip was released by Universal. IMO the point of a cover up would be futile at this point. People will be there in a week.. Lets face it anything we know about the ride/world is what Universal wants us to know, and the PR served its purpose. For me it was a big relief to see some people ride it in the public eye, even though they were actors. In the end there would be no point in lying and with the opening shortly aproaching if you think there 400 million dollar investment isnt working your sadly,sadly mistaken. When the 28th comes those package holders Will get their moneys worth.

Thanks for the detailed update Atticus. I can't believe all the original merch they are going to have. I wonder if the stores will end up having lines out the door too?

However, please keep your experience at the wand shop to yourself, it's arrogant to think that what you experienced is what will actually happen. This was a "special event" and in reality everyone that enters the park will have a wand choose them. Don't be so foolish.

I guess I'll be keeping my arrogant opinions to myself from now on. Looking forward to ride reports in a week, until then I hope all your potter dreams come true.

Aw, don't let the keyboard bullies get to you. It's just a chat board, some take it way too personally and seriously.

I watched the "ride" video..and I thought some of you were worried for nothing, but those seats do look really tight. My wife and I will fit with no problems, but if a larger person ends up sitting with us, I can imagine its going to be pretty tight.

--- Update ---

you really think you were going to get rid of me that easily? :lol: :p

--- Update ---

Aw, don't let the keyboard bullies get to you. It's just a chat board, some take it way too personally and seriously.

Oh I won't I actually enjoy the discussion. I just had to go to sleep last night. I'm awake, bright and early today! Happy Friday everyone!

Attended TM previews last night. Throughout the day, I will post some reactions and thoughts as they relate to our discussions on this board.

I'll start with wands. Ollivander's was the very first thing we did -- the line grew by twenty yards in the 5 minutes I waited to enter. Inside, as already explained, the detail is extraordinary -- you want to grab the boxes and start looking for yourselves. The character seems to be... an appendage of John Hurt's portrayal of Ollivander in the first film -- a little creepy, very cute, and old; a fitting presence! Out of the group of 20 or so guests, the character chooses ONE -- in our case, the most excited and giddy to be there. He took her through an extensive examination and trial with several wands that didn't work, until the 3rd wand chose her. Just follow the scene from the film, and you've pretty much got it! No more guests were "chosen" by wands -- just the one. ...It was a 3-5 minute experience for that one person, so it's no wonder they didn't do it for everyone.

We were herded into the wand shop. Wands go for ...$24.99, including character replica wands. The detail is intricate, and even though you are only purchasing a keep-sake or decoration, there is an enormous "wow" factor when you pull out the long, thin, high-quality box (embossed with the "Ollivander" brand), pry it open, and find your wand (heavy and solid) in form-fitted padding. They are also selling a ..."Dumbledore's Army" wand set for over $100 that includes 5 wands (including Luna Lovegood's, which cannot be purchased individually). ...The wand shop itself is TINY -- the size of maybe 3 bathroom stalls.

The wand experience will certainly be popular and loved -- but I asked one of the managers there what UO had planned for queueing this attraction -- because that's what it is. It's a mini-show that offers very short supply in the face of monstrous demand. They will be forced to build a formal queue, post wait times, and/or put a price on the experience. If they do price it, then each guest needs to be "chosen".

--- UPDATE W/ QUESTION: --- Upon reading what I've just posted, out of respect to those who want to be completely surprised when they go I have whited-out some spoiler-ish details. Highlight if you are interested.

Great update! Thanks for the detailed info.

Looking at the seats even closer...and Im surprised no one has taken a screen grab and posted it on the board yet...maybe it would have made more sense to have the cars only seat 2 at a time? I know that ultimately slows down total capacity..but it also makes loading and unloading much faster..and would have given people a lot more room to wiggle.

did anyone post this yet!!! (sorry if it is)

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/052010-Video-harry-potter-actors-tour-wizarding-world

this fox news one is the longest of allthe video we have seen for the cast tour.

Threebroom stick looks great inside! (just like the movie!)

I love it how they avioded ALL SHOTS for the exposed show building.
hahaha, Universal douches.

the clearer shot of the 4 riding on the benches, really proves
that we will probably not see any arms at all.
(unless we see it for the vehicle in front of the one you are sitting.
It seems complete hidden from loading.

and the magic carpet loading floor. Damn, how does that thing work, is totally crazy!

The ride station looks amazing... Looks like they tried really really hard to hide the arm, and I just realized if the bench is that big how big the arms must really be in comparison to that one pic that you may or may not have seen...

oh, about my previous post on the REAL movie lamp in Dumbledore office

IT IS THERE!!!

in the new fox video.

BOOM, round movie lamps on the desk of Dumbledore.
Those old normal lamps were temporary!!! man, those sucky one are GONE!! yes!
(were they waiting until the movie props was sent to them???)

even the tall standing lamp from the movie (on the left side of the table)
is there!!! (it wasnt there during the press release photo and when Ellen was there)

Good work! Universal!! props to you, props to you!!
(eventho you guys are sucky on hiding the show building, hehe)