The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 324 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Three Broomsticks

This is the only location that could be considered "spacious" (other than the street itself). Dozens of tables (that are movable and look rustic), country-style chairs, and circular booths give guests a lot of options. For the purpose of the preview, TMs were assigning seats -- my guess is that this was for practice, for the heavy loads of guests. Hopefully when it's calmer, they will let guests find a table of choice.

As the construction pictures will lead you to guess, the ceilings are high and dramatic, and the theming is elaborate and fun. Wizarding art dots the walls (they don't move), fun chalk-boards and postings are all over (mainly in the Hog's Head), and there is an "upper-level" that looks accesible, but is safely chained-off to restrict access. Massive fireplaces and kettles ready for boiling are all around, and I wish that it got cold enough in Florida that they would light those babies up (though I wonder if they are actually approved for use -- aren't there regulations for that?). Occasionally shadows of broomsticks or what looked to me like a butterfly pass over the walls. And in one upper corner is a window, with a view of a hotel room. Like everything else, wonderfully detailed.

The "moving menus" are similar to the menus at any other restaurant that uses screens to display their options...but as for movement, I personally saw little. After all, should prepared food really MOVE!? Like we've all discussed, no Coca-Cola brand -- however, there are a number of options: Pumpkin juice (amazing), Butterbeer (delicious), iced tea, lemonade, apple cider, pear cider, and...I think that's it. I remember seeing a lot of dispensers with options that were not soda, which was a little weird.

The Three Broomsticks will be a test for the management, because no one will want to eat anywhere else, except maybe Mythos. There was an army of people there at all positions, herding us in the right direction and to our tables. The Hog's Head is connected and much smaller, and I will post on that next.

The Three Broomsticks

The "moving menus" are similar to the menus at any other restaurant that uses screens to display their options...but as for movement, I personally saw little. After all, should prepared food really MOVE!? Like we've all discussed, no Coca-Cola brand -- however, there are a number of options: Pumpkin juice (amazing), Butterbeer (delicious), iced tea, lemonade, apple cider, pear cider, and...I think that's it. I remember seeing a lot of dispensers with options that were not soda, which was a little weird.

whoa this is NEW!!
the menu movies. NNNNIIIICCCEEEEEEE freaking iPad tech (hehe)

pretty bummed about the ollivanders 1/25. gonna spend half the day getting back in line over and over til I'm chosen. boooo.

pear cider?! never even heard of it but man that sounds delicious! I'll have to try one in between pumpkin juices. yummy.

I didn't get to read through all of the Ollivander's discussion, but I can clarify in case it hasn't already been confirmed. About 25-30 people enter the shop at once to "browse." A wandkeeper is in the shop and as the crowd enters he notes that a person in the group is there for their wand. That person has a wand "choose them." After the choosing, the entire group is urged to go to the shop next door (Owl Post) to see the wandkeeper's associate. There the "chosen one" can purchase either the wand that chose them, any other wand that takes their fancy, or no wand at all, as can everyone else in the group. Ollivander's is an "experience." The shop is next door. No one "buys" a wand at Ollivander's.

Atticus great reports thanks for all the info

rhino just wanted to point out that most of what was just mentioned is not exclusive merch. & is part of the Noble Collection. So those most expensive items can all be bought online.

Hi Folks!
First time poster here with a couple of thoughts to share.

1) I think the cast actually rode FJ because of (A) Miss Watson's reaction (Come on, while I love her portrayal of Hermione, she's really no Meryl Streep when it comes to her acting chops) and (B) If you watch the vid closely you'll see she is wearing a sweater over her lovely dress to protect her from a very cold Dementor's attack.

2) The vid showing the wizard falsely identified as Dumbledore is simply the merely visiting wizard Merlin. After all, now that he's Harry's neighbor, how could he not stop by to welcome him to the Islands. After all they're both wizards and he lives right next door!!

Atticus great reports thanks for all the info

rhino just wanted to point out that most of what was just mentioned is not exclusive merch. & is part of the Noble Collection. So those most expensive items can all be bought online.

Really, I thought a majority of the merch was supposed to be exclusive? I know some of the wands aren't, but I didnt realize the other stuff was available for sale.

So it looks like the ride is working everyone...who will be the first UO member to ride it!

They wouldn't show the cast sitting in the benches if they weren't really going on the ride itself, I think that would kinda stupid, especially since these people are probably dying to go on the ride themselves.

The Durmstrung students doing the show with the staffs looks pretty cool too, enough that it made Emma get a look of shock on her face. So I really can't wait for this whole area to officially open up to experience it all.

The Hog's Head

Thankfully, there are no goats wandering about, meaning that Aberforth wasn't working when I was there. :) The Hog's Head featured a low, angled ceiling that was definitely reminiscent of an old Scottish pub. The TMs visiting were already building the atmosphere, throwing back many of the offered brews in circular booths or on barstools next to the large (but not lit) fireplace. The hog itself wasn't moving when I was there, but my eyes were focused on the beer taps which have been weathered to look old and well-loved. Fans of British imports will enjoy the selection which includes Boddington, Harp, Guiness, and others; for locals, there is Budweiser and Bud Light. I did not sample it, and I will get the name wrong, but there is an original beer (rumored to have been crafted by Annheiser Busch) specifically for the Hog's Head, called something like the Hog's Head Brew. The beer tap is a beautiful silver (you guessed it) hog's head, similar to the animatronic feature -- when I saw it, I exclaimed that I wanted one, even if it didn't pour beer! (Though the beer would be a welcome addition)

The lines were long and the space cramped, though, but it was authenticity that I didn't mind, since nobody really goes for a wide-open, spread out bar. Exceptional detail, including a chalk-board that displayed a hilarious bar policy about what exit to use, depending on your lack of sobriety -- reminded me of those old Irish witicisms about drinking, the devil, and salvation.

Both the Three Broomsticks and Hog's Head share a back patio, but we already knew that. Nothing awfully ground-breaking in this post, but I coudn't really take the time to savor the experience -- I came on a budget that did not accomodate a $7 beer, so my group left pretty quick after finishing some butterbeer and fish & chips.

Last edited:
Zonko's and Honeydukes

-- This is a reminder that my posts possibly contain spoilers; if you are banking on being surprised, do not read, thank you! --

These two shops, immediately to your left as you pass the train station, are connected and feature great themed windows (the puking pastill is hilarious, if not offensive!). When you enter Zonko's, a loud bell may ring, prompting each TM inside to shout "Welcome to Zonko's Joke Shop!" -- which I'm sure they are already tired of doing. The shop is (DUH) tiny, with merchandise on the walls and on a central shelf. Fanged frisbees (or Fanged Flyers, as UO is calling them), colorful slinkees, and dozens of other items that I cannot remember were everywhere. Most of the merchandise, however, didn't seem very "purchaseable" to me. For example, next door at Honeydukes, almost everything was a safe buy, in my opinion. Many of the HP themed items at Filch's are easy buys, too. But it will be the curious and unique traveler who walks out of Zonko's with a bag filled with goodies, in my opinion -- it's filled with toys and tricks that are fun to imagine and look at, but I don't see many people purchasing them when faced with other options.

Honeydukes will make you break your budget (well, WWoHP will do that altogether). You may protest that you have self-control, but you will lose it at Honeydukes. Every-Flavor Beans, Peppermint Toads, Cauldron Cakes, Chocolate Skulls, and unnumerable other inventions of sugar make Honeydukes the most colorful, attractive, and tasty shop I've been to in a long time. There's even your generic gas-station candy (orange slices, caramels, mints) that are bagged with Honeydukes packaging. Probably the LEAST appetizing snack, but cleverly designed, was the black licorice strings, which could be extracted from a machine with a large figure inside of it, the licorice oozing from his facial orifices. But hey, people will buy anything, right?

Turquoise and pink and white are everywhere, and the packaging of the candy blends perfectly into the shops color palatte. There are refridgerated drink selections and a case of specialty chocolate, including a tiny cauldron-looking fudge treat. Most of the items weren't priced yet -- I asked a TM and she even said that they were having difficulty pricing some items. The pumpkin juice I bought was over $5 with tax, but since it was non-alcoholic, it paid to be a TM at that moment. :thumbs:

If only Rowling would have let them make it larger, like Magic Kingdom's Confectionary (which you can smell for YARDS). The only thing Honeydukes lacked, in my opinion, was FUDGE -- even if most guests don't buy it, every guest will smell it. This is a draw that is bigger and better than any colorful sign. Smell is linked to many passions and memories, and UO would benefit from either making fudge or piping its scent into the store.

--- Update ---

$7 for a beer......ouch!

That's my guess...don't quote me on that, exactly! I just know how much an import costs at the Rose & Crown, so I'm assuming its comparable.

my friend told me to be on the look out for a new commercial that has been rumored to have aired on FOX today that says something like "experience it this FRIDAY" i haven't looked for it yet but can someone look, sounds interesting but unlikely...

Well the beer at the Enchanted Oak wasn't $7 last time I was there..more like $5.00 .but that was a long time ago. They also had a 2 for 1 happy hour everyday..I doubt the Hogs Head will though.

The Magic Neep

Best, most surprising part ever! It's like you've opened a Harry Potter book, flipped to the Hogsmeade scene, and tumbled right in........to a beverage cart.

Yup. It's a beverage cart. No taps, just bottles. We couldn't see the snowman, because of the DC walls, so I can't comment on that. But that's the Neep. OMG 10/10!

And that...was a moment of humor.

Reactions: Felipe
Atticus, how sound is the rumor that Busch crafted Hogs head Ale?

If they did, consider me disappointed, as I find more of their beers deplorable!