The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey, sorry to be a nuisance but can someone recap the important things that have happened since Wednesday?

People have seen WWOHP except the FJ ride, pretty much it. :lol:

And just descriptions of all the areas we already know about.

Ollivanders is a 1 out of 25 people experience, not every single person.

--- Update ---

ANYONE WHO IS GOING TONIGHT, PLEASE TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT THE HIDDEN SHOP WINDOW DOWN THE ALLEYWAY IS!

Otherwise Teebin's riddle on this is pointless.

Do we know for sure if the FJ has drops or inversions on it? Atticus, thanks for all of the info. Can't wait to go!

No actual drops or inversions. Its on a flat track and the kuka arm simulates the drops and inversions, well hopefully actual inversions.

Two quick things:
+ There is a higher-res version of the preview video available online on the media website. Much more comfortable to see it there. :)
+ Can anyone who went to the previews please tell me where the sign for the Forbidden Journey is located? (The one that lights up with fiber-optics)

EDIT: I know the location. The sign(s?) is on the pillars right below the Hogs. :D

Last edited:
I'll throw a new wrinkle into this, which may end some speculation

Nobody has commented on the fact that there are no lockers outside the FJ building. That means one of two things:
- The vehicles have some kind of storage system built into them, like Mission Space. Maybe it's behind your back? Maybe your vehicle has an individual storage bin that is waiting for you when the ride is done?
- Either that, or the ride just isn't very intense, motion-wise. Surely if there were any inversions or intense drops, then you wouldn't be allowed to take much of anything on the ride.
- It's highly unlikely that there are lockers inside the building, given the amount of time it takes some people to use a locker. Gotta keep that line moving!

Rides generally fall into one of these categories:
- Lockers are required. No storage is provided. Nothing at all is allowed (Men In Black, Hulk, Dragons, HRRR, Mummy, ...)
- On-vehicle pouches are provided (Spiderman, Cat In The Hat, Popeye, ...)
- You are allowed to store things outside the vehicle, but these are all exclusive to the vehicle (Simpsons, Dr Doom)
- You can take anything on the ride (ET, Disaster, JAWS, Seuss Trolley, ...)

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

So do your feet dangle? For some reason I thought the cars were enclosed?

Take a chill Felipe, did you expect me to sit down and shut up when you called me arrogant? Stop with the attacks man. All I was saying is that all the preview people seem to say the same exact thing..1 person out of the group. I don't understand why you have to keep holding on to this arguement.

Anyway.....Now that the ride has been officially ridden, maybe they will have a heart and open it to employees. Kinda unfair to let the famous people ride and not the actual employees? No?

ANYONE WHO IS GOING TONIGHT, PLEASE TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT THE HIDDEN SHOP WINDOW DOWN THE ALLEYWAY IS!

Otherwise Teebin's riddle on this is pointless.

All I can say to answer that is that the effect that was to be there is currently "out of commission". I CAN SAY NO MORE! (and I should not have said even that)

Two quick things:
+ There is a higher-res version of the preview video available online on the media website. Much more comfortable to see it there. :)
+ Can anyone who went to the previews please tell me where the sign for the Forbidden Journey is located? (The one that lights up with fiber-optics)

EDIT: I know the location. The sign(s?) is on the pillars right below the Hogs. :D

Viola thank you so much for the heads up for the media site, I'm literally getting goose bumps waiting for this thing to open.

Did you hear how many times you hear a camera going off during the video? We should be seeing some press pictures from UO pretty soon from the video.

emma

214wda1.jpg

hi res pics now on the media site woot

and from the pic the hogs head is behind the bar

No problem, Vyrus. :)
By the way, guys, my mom says I can't go out until June 12th-13th, even if there are softs, because I have to study for finals. This makes me so upset. I feel like kicking a wall. Convincing time? Once softs are announced, I plan on using the guilt trip. Wish me luck. ;(

OOOOH! Found it! Look at the picture in the post above me. Now look on the pillar. ;]

I'll throw a new wrinkle into this, which may end some speculation

Nobody has commented on the fact that there are no lockers outside the FJ building. That means one of two things:
- The vehicles have some kind of storage system built into them, like Mission Space. Maybe it's behind your back? Maybe your vehicle has an individual storage bin that is waiting for you when the ride is done?
- Either that, or the ride just isn't very intense, motion-wise. Surely if there were any inversions or intense drops, then you wouldn't be allowed to take much of anything on the ride.
- It's highly unlikely that there are lockers inside the building, given the amount of time it takes some people to use a locker. Gotta keep that line moving!

Rides generally fall into one of these categories:
- Lockers are required. No storage is provided. Nothing at all is allowed (Men In Black, Hulk, Dragons, HRRR, Mummy, ...)
- On-vehicle pouches are provided (Spiderman, Cat In The Hat, Popeye, ...)
- You are allowed to store things outside the vehicle, but these are all exclusive to the vehicle (Simpsons, Dr Doom)
- You can take anything on the ride (ET, Disaster, JAWS, Seuss Trolley, ...)

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Lockers are not required. The ride includes a pouch for loose items -- the Sorting Hat told me so!

There are lockers though -- located inside the dungeon entrance, to the right. To the left is the queue entrance.