The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 340 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alrighty this is my first post here. I have a few questions that I hope you may have answers to.

1. My dad got the Meal Deal for IoA on the June 22nd (the day we are at WWoHP). It will be valid for 3 Broomsticks right? bc he will be so angry if not.

2. Does anyone have pictures of the Dragon Challenge queue, the Buckbeak audio-animatronic, and the actual entrance to the castle? Not the statues of the boars, but further along into the queue.

3. Is the Great Hall featured in the Forbidden Journey queue? I've heard some people say yes, and others say no.

4. Why are people planning their trips to Universal on days before the opening of WWoHP if it isn't opened, and they aren't certain of a soft opening?

5. In the Ellen video, one of the kids throws a snowball at Ellen. Does this mean there will be a snow machine somewhere?

6. Is there any new information of what the Magic Neep (I think that is what it's called); the building wit hthe snowman out front?

~Caleb

1. your dad will be angry
2. not that have been released no
3. No
4. I dunno ask them
5. Yes
6. It's a storage thing, not something built for the guests

In answer of #4 Universal sold packages for WWOHP starting may 28th so some people planned trips thinking If they are selling packages I will be able to get in on or about may 28th even if
I do not buy the WWOHP package from universal.

Teebin, is it the fact that the gates in real life aren't between two cliffs? Or that they have actual flooring under them rather than grass and dirt?

Are you referring to the scene in the movie?... not at all. It was a film observation and probably not appropriate for me to yap about here. My film observation has nothing to do with the park at all. I was just wacked by noticing it.

From Mikey of MCM on Twitter..

Just heard a rumor from a decent source as to when a soft open for #WWoHP may occur...stay tuned...

Any update on this yet or was it just bogus?

Oh, oh, okay. What did you happen to see that was wrong?

My word, I am surprised that you asked that... the exact cut from the film, when Luna says the line I mentioned. There is something wacky in that line and scene... I am surprised no one has commented on it. Again, it is a gag in the scene from the film, and has nothing to do with this park at all.

My word, I am surprised that you asked that... the exact cut from the film, when Luna says the line I mentioned. There is something wacky in that line and scene... I am surprised no one has commented on it. Again, it is a gag in the scene from the film, and has nothing to do with this park at all.

What is the gag?

I have seen that DFB has posted that Universal doesn't know what will happen and they are making new plans/changing their minds every hour or every day. I believe this. I had a little fit on here earlier about this. In

February I purchased 4 days of tickets meal deal and sipper cups for myself and my three children. I also booked a beach front condo for a full week in mid June. My children are big HP Fans so I did this as a surprise for their birthday this year. I sign up for all the updates and emails from Universal website.

May someone tells me the WWOHP opens June 18th. I am utterly surprised. I had no idea. No emails nothing. Turns out we will be there for the Grand Opening but I worried about the crowds and heard they might close the park due to capacity. I panic and book an on site hotel after being assured we would get in the park 1 hr early with our room keys. I was surprised so I did ask about the 18th and again was told by UO Hotel Reservations again and they said yes, for all the days we stay at the hotel including the 18th. Now I have paid for two places to stay just to make sure my children have a great birthday. Oh well, I acept this.

I later find out that the meal deal is not honored at WWOHP but decided we need to eat at Three Broomsticks at least once while we are there. So I acept this.

I tell the kids we are going to WWOHP for their birthday! We will be there for the Grand Opening. We look through all the items on the UO website and of course get very excited about their birthday.

I read here and find out that it is very unlikely they will have a chance to have a wand choose them. They were particularly excited about this. And yes it did seem as though there was no problem with them doing this. I don't want to tell them but I don't want them crushed either. What? Something else to accept? Not willing to at the moment. Will deal with that later.

Then yesterday I call Guest Services to make sure the Grand Opening will still happen on June 18th. I ask about the wand and the woman from Guest Services said she didn't know where I heard such a rumor about 1 picked out 25 but it wasn't true. I asked if they still think people will be camped out at the gate and she that wasn't likely. When I mentioned we were staying on site and going in 1 hr early she told me that was wrong as well. I was floored! She explained that although we were staying on site only those who purchased the HP Package would get in 1 hr early. We would wait at the gate with everyone else and enter when the park opens for everyone. I was about to cry. I explained the only reason I booked the on-site hotel was to get in to the park an hour early. She put me on hold to check this out. She came back later and said we could get in half an hour early.

I have accepted things already. I have been told different things by different people at Guest Services. I have no idea what is really going to happen once we get there. Why? I don't think the people at Guest Services are told everything or the same thing or maybe UO keeps changing their mind. Its driving me nuts! Yes, I know there are other things to do at UO but the only reason we are going is so my children can celebrate their birthday in WWOHP.

We were all really excited about going but now I am dreading it will be a huge disapointment. I know there are people who purchased packages and their vacation is before the Grand Opening. Our vacation is during and still not sure what will happen. That is why I had a melt down, sorry.

Colleendoll, if I could hug you over the internet, you'd be embraced so tight, you wouldn't feel your insides. I think it's best for you to call Universal and settle this WHOOOOOOOOOOLE thing down. I think you should ask to talk with the head honcho.

I'm going to bed but just wanted to ask if anything major goes down & you have a Twitter direct message me since I will be at Star Wars Weekends & if you need a break from all this madness I'm sure I will have some live tweets going until very late tomorrow or even Monday goodbye (Oh & watch the Lost finale tomorrow night on ABC even if you've never seen the show TRUST ME you won't regret it) :)

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any plans/ have they already changed the front gate at the entrance of IOA that has small plates on it for all of the "lands" in the park?

Collendoll,

First off sorry you have had a rough road so far. But on one side you have to understand that when something is brand new and you book your trip long before an official opening is announced things are subject to change. Also don't think its going to be a disaster for you and your kids, I mean you are bringing them to the WWoHP GRAND OPENING for their birthday present. THATS FREAKIN AWESOME!!! I really hope that right now you continue to look forward to whats sure to be the best birthdays your kids ever had. Wait until softs and package holders start to get in because I assure you things are going to change again because some things will work and some things won't. Just try to remain calm and wait to see what happens in the coming weeks.

*virtually hugs colleendoll*

so as for that dude that posted on youtube is a kinda famous person in the hp fandom and knows someone important with the park. Im not sure if hes a tm or not but Ill assume he is. However, to make a posting on youtube about a secret is dumb to do so I dont think hes telling the truth. Maybe he is but I dont know why he would. Ok I think Ill stop before I think too much on this topic.