The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On fans... I am surprised that Universal hasn't done more for those few people who are sitting by the gate waiting... In New York when a Broadway show's box office is going to open and it's associated with a particularly famous celebrity, sometimes that celebrity will arrive in the morning - sometimes with donuts or bagels - and greet those fans who are dedicated enough to form the front of the line. This has often happened with Lilly Tomlin and more recently with Dolly Parton when 9-5 was about to open. Last summer, Anne Hathaway performed in free Shakespeare in the Park. The show was impossible to get tickets to unless you were willing to wait in line the night before. The particular night I decided to go, it poured and the hundreds of people in line were miserable in the cold rain. It was about 11pm (the night before) and after the show got out, Anne and the rest of the cast felt sorry for us and bought pizza that they gave out to those of us on line. It was a total blast. She was incredible, as were the other cast members.

Sure we're nuts to go to these lengths to ride a ride, but Universal must appreciate our commitment to their artistry.

Pretty simple reason for not doing anything. The ride does not oficially open until June 18. IF they do anything, that would be the day to do it.

A source has said that there are project meetings nearly every day around 3pm and all the major progress checks are performed around 2pm.
TM previews have come at 6-8pm each night for the last week or so.
We can now speculate wildly about what it all means.

Maybe they've created a catch-22. Maybe the magic wands open the gates to Hogsmeade. But we would have to visit Ollivanders to GET a wand, so......I guess it will never open! Noooooo

So that's what the display at the OIA store looks like. Note in the pic you can tell there is ZERO WWoHP merch. which confirms the fact pretty much they won't put any in there until June 18th Uni is such a tease.

To be honest is will do us no good to mob the place because they will open when they want to open not when we want them too. Obviously there are still things to do & package holders will be very lucky if things are ready for them. From what I know & with packages starting Friday if there should be any mob if should be on Friday where you at least know someone will be in there & you have a reason to complain lol

Well, there might be VERY tall people who could get hit. :lol:

--- Update ---

I think it's a little funny. I was looking at Noble Collection's site. I know they are selling some/if not all of their Harry Potter stuff in the WW. But I clicked on the Dumbledore's Army Wand collection, its the only way you can get Luna's wand, and it won't ship until June 20th! :lol: I guess the wizarding world has depleted some of their supply.

I think one of the coolest items they are selling is Mad Eye Moody's staff, that is pretty bad ass.

via twitter
@themparkinsider I propose that all tweets about whether the WWoHP is open or not include the hashtag [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] (Please RT)

Oh I would love Moody's staff!!! Someone said it was pretty heavy. Of course, I would like to own it all. But that is one of the top things after the character wands.

NN7732P.jpg

For those who didn't know what the staff looks like. 4.75 feet in length! :confused:

Last edited:
Oh I would love Moody's staff!!! Someone said it was pretty heavy. Of course, I would like to own it all. But that is one of the top things after the character wands.

NN7732P.jpg

For those who didn't know what the staff looks like. 4.75 feet in length! :confused:
I don't think those will fit in any of the rental lockers!

Someone was asking how tight the curves of the track was yesterday. I have redone my original drawing to more closely resemble the turns the track makes relative to the vehicles.

projection.png

AND NO. I have never been in the FJ building and thus have never ridden it.

Last edited:
So that's what the display at the OIA store looks like. Note in the pic you can tell there is ZERO WWoHP merch. which confirms the fact pretty much they won't put any in there until June 18th Uni is such a tease.

To be honest is will do us no good to mob the place because they will open when they want to open not when we want them too. Obviously there are still things to do & package holders will be very lucky if things are ready for them. From what I know & with packages starting Friday if there should be any mob if should be on Friday where you at least know someone will be in there & you have a reason to complain lol

A. UNIrd: I posted the tudbit about the TM letting slip some info that didn't match up to what we were told. She was working Jimmy Neutron and I overheard her talking to some people, answering questions about her preview. I'm glad someone on here noticed it.

B. DFB: We'll see what they have to say about that when they have a hoard of bloodthirsty OU'rs staring them down. *EVIL LAUGH*

So Teebin, quick question on your drawing. Basically the majority of the building will be for the ques? Or is that just a portion of the ride in your drawing?

Luna, I don't think it will fit either. :lol: But if you get one, maybe someone will be nice enough to hold it for you while you ride.