The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 364 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
has anyone considered the possibility that they may decide not to soft it at all and just wait to open it on the 18th? Yea, I know that would suck be unfair snd uncool, but it's Universal's land and in the end their going to do what they think is best.

They've got package holders for 3 weeks prior to grand opening that are entitled to the Three Broomsticks breakfast etc. so the area will definately be up and running. Just a question of whether FJ will (although sounds like it will, they're just keeping it under wraps).

That's true but even if they just opened up one small part for an hour or so, it would be something done and tested on the general public.

And I guess you are talking about general softs Cwool, because some people will be let in at least by Friday.

Just had a cast member come around to the wwohp and tell everyone that it is definately not opening at all today. She said she promised that it's 100% guarenteed not to open today! She is wearing jeans and a grey polo with a badge on a lanyard around her neck. She is talking with guest about the vacation packages. Apparently she is telling them that there will be some sort of contingency set up for those package purchasers.

--- Update ---

Just seen the owl come out of the tower for the first time.

--- Update ---

A construction worker on a blue ladder just got up on the left side of the entrance arch. Apparently there is still stuff to be worked on.

Just had a cast member come around to the wwohp and tell everyone that it is definately not opening at all today. She said she promised that it's 100% guarenteed not to open today! She is wearing jeans and a grey polo with a badge on a lanyard around her neck. She is talking with guest about the vacation packages. Apparently she is telling them that there will be some sort of contingency set up for those package purchasers.

--- Update ---

Just seen the owl come out of the tower for the first time.

Damn, they sent out the big guns, a lady in jeans and polo shirt, you know she is a manager of something. :lol:

Oh well, and if I remember correctly when HRRR opened up for softs it was because there was a line from the front gate all along the boneyard to twister, so UO kinda felt obligated to open it up, maybe we should all do the same with WWOHP. Everyone show up tommorrow and just start lining up outside the gate and UO will say "F it, just open it, they aren't spending any money standing there anyways."

There's two guys up there now. One one each side. The are changing the color filters in some lighting on top of the entrance arch.

They are demanding perfection. Not unreasonable, considering the stakes, but I'm ready to pull my kid out of school for the day the moment I get the word.
They have been doing evening cast previews for over a week.
Mr. Woodbury, you have us wrapped around your little finger.

Thanks Clair-Bear and Honeybee. The whole soft situation is really starting to stress me out. I was there Sat. and was so close to the gates, Hogwarts, and Hogsmeade that I could almost taste it. Uni. did a really great job on it, but their being a bit too overprotective. It's time to push this baby bird out the nest and watch her fly. Trust you did the best you could, and let the rest take care of itself.

Something completely different,
for those who've been checking HyContrastKid's Twitter:

Is it just me, or does the little picture of him remind you of Ryan Reynolds

Last edited:
I will say the pictures do not do this place justice. It really does look amazing from the entrance arch. I think I'm gonna leave for the day. Is there anything else I should check out before I go?

I know what you mean, but you know what patience is a virtue and all of our dreams will come true when they swing the gates open.

I'm just waiting to see if they open Forbidden Journey on May 28th for package-holders. If not, my trip is cancelled. :/

I have no patience or virtues! :lol:

I do have a question for those who have been inside. The wands, the character ones, are they the same price in Hogsmead as they are on Noble Collection?

Hey everyone, I've been a lurker for over a year and finally joined. I'll be at ioa on thurs or fri hoping for softs. I went on Monday, which wasn't a complete failure, because I got to ride spiderman with no sound in the vehicle, it felt a lot longer. Anyway, thanks for all the good info!

the fans are on? LOL. Think of all that wasted electricity! How will you pay your power bills Universal? Open the park and let people pay you for butter beer!

Really though, it seems like softs will happen any day now..still a possibility for a softie in the late afternoon...once all the "fans" have been discouraged and go home.
Will have to try again tomorrow.