The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 363 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
what doesn't make sense, is how can Universal staff a whole section of the park, and still decide to open it "last minute"....if the employees are in costume testing the rides..then I guess they are just "on call" and waiting on the word from the man upstairs to open up. While we wait lets go on FOTH a few times!
They have all been at their stations in ops, retail, park services and entertainment every day for at least a week. Even the ops TM's in FJ have been in 'round the clock for weeks/months. This will NOT be like HRRR or even June 7th, 1990. This is magic and not everyone has passed their O.W.L.s yet.

So the DC track will not have a new paint job and color scheme? I thought this was a definite for the change from DD.

They have all been at their stations in ops, retail, park services and entertainment every day for at least a week. Even the ops TM's in FJ have been in 'round the clock for weeks/months. This will NOT be like HRRR or even June 7th, 1990. This is magic and not everyone has passed their O.W.L.s yet.

what are O.W.L.s? Training?

That's interesting about being fully staffed. Personally if everything is ready except the FJ, maybe they should just open everything else..that way they can still do a "soft" of the FJ when they are ready.

If you do make it in before June 18th, be content with the sights, sounds, mechandise and food. Ollivander's popularity was way underestimated and the Hogsmeade actual shops are quite small. Only a lucky few will get the full experience in the months ahead.
If IOA were a ship, it would capsize from the imbalanced crowds we will see.
If I could afford it, I'd definitely get an annual pass now. (along with a bus pass to save on parking)

If you do make it in before June 18th, be content with the sights, sounds, mechandise and food. Ollivander's popularity was way underestimated and the Hogsmeade actual shops are quite small. Only a lucky few will get the full experience in the months ahead.
If IOA were a ship, it would capsize from the imbalanced crowds we will see.
If I could afford it, I'd definitely get an annual pass now. (along with a bus pass to save on parking)

Parking's free if you got an Annual Pass

i meantioned this to hyck:
@HyContrastKid We need a password-only OU board to talk about this, or a mums the word /dm-only day tomorrow. Lol.

i know this is going to make me sound like a lazy jerk but how awesome to be wwohp tms just sitting around looking busy while ioa decides whether to soft? heh.

everyone milling around the gate should slowly walk off somewhere and then wait nearby while a lookout waits to text them all. haa haa. they might as well. its not like theres anything else to do but sit and wait. ;-D

Just rode DD. No one walking around that I saw. Butterbeer cart was where it always is. DD TMs are still in DD costumes. The old fast pass hallway when you got to the bottom of the stairs and merged into the rest of the line has a door on it but that door is unlocked. You can walk right up it into wwohp. I didn't go up but you can if anyone is adventurous.

what are O.W.L.s? Training?

It's from the books, a play on the O (ordinary) levels and A (advanced) levels in England which can be taken in a range of studies when students are around 16 and 18 respectively. They are often subjects in which the student will devote their career. (Though like anywhere, the guy with the law degree may end up as an animator.)

Anyone seen the Conductor or Wand Keepers out in the sun?
Poor guys wearing such woolens in Florida heat and the TM's in robes, jumpers and caps.
But the snow and ice on the roofs are supposed to make you think cooler.

Even if they just soft for FOTH it would be something. They wouldn't even have to open the shops yet. The people just oogle the window displays. At least that would be one test accomplished.

has anyone considered the possibility that they may decide not to soft it at all and just wait to open it on the 18th? Yea, I know that would suck be unfair snd uncool, but it's Universal's land and in the end their going to do what they think is best.

Even if they just soft for FOTH it would be something. They wouldn't even have to open the shops yet. The people just oogle the window displays. At least that would be one test accomplished.

I agree..just open the area up and let people explore... They dont have to open up the FJ if they dont think it's ready...they dont have to have the "full" park open until June 18th...although I would imagine they want the stores open so they can start making some $$$$ back!

It's worth it to just to get some grub at the Three Broomsticks - and check out the Hog's Head.

Main Dishes-
Rotisserie-smoked chicken
Chargrilled ribs
Turkey legs
Fish and chips
Shepherd's pie
Cornish pasties
Potato leek soup
Split pea soup
Ham soup
Most meals will be served with a side of salad, roasted veggies, corn on the cob, french fries, or potatoes.

Childrens' Menu-

All portions are under 300 calories!

Chicken fingers
Macaroni and cheese
Fish and chips
Turkey leg
Great Feast

Available to parties larger than four people.

Guests share trays of:

Rotisserie chicken
Ribs
Roasted vegetables
Potatoes
Corn on the cob
Desserts

Strawberry peanut butter ice cream
Deep-dish apple pie
Chocolate-berry trifle
Drinks

Butterbeer (tastes like shortbread cookies and butterscotch that has a two part pouring method to make the non-alcoholic drink stay frothy)
Frozen Butterbeer
Pumpkin Juice
Scottish ale called Hog's Head Brew