The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 369 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just finished reading through the 10+ pages from today after getting back from Orlando. Let me just say that it is so much nicer to actually be there and see things first hand rather than freaking out over this "soft" thing at home. Sorry I couldn't take you all with me, that would have been fun, but thanks to twitter I see that alot of you did get to follow me around today which was nice. So, here is a little run down of what happened today, and my theories...

So, my friend Karen and I were almost positive about softs today because of a few insiders, who will not be named. And apparently we were not the only ones to think today was the day. When we crossed the bridge into Lost Continent at 9am sharp (we waited about 15 minutes with about 20 other guests in suess) we briskly walked towards HP, we also noticed the 20 other guests had gone towards DD and behind us were some off-of-work cast members and some other important looking people that came out of no where... this got us too excited. And then, of course we turned the cornver and low-and-behold, no open gate. FRUSTRATION ENSUED. So I quickly pulled out my phone to see what was going on, they didn't know. So supossidly there were planned softs early this week, hence the others frantically asking the guards "why no open?" So since we could tell that we were not the only ones who heard something we sat immediately thinking, ok well they will just open soon. I decided to go take a look from the temp bridge while my friend Karen sat patiently, walls were still up, I asked the nearest and most important looking man if DD was up and running and if it was would it close at some point? He said no. I ran back to karen, she heard some interesting conversations about supossid softs. We waited. Then Rickey Brigante from Inisdethemagic podcast showed up and we talked, they sat with us while we patiently waited. We sat under the roof of the smoothie place right next to the gates, which was closed but was quickly becoming popular amung workers inside (the day before, monday, the Wizarding World folks were inspecting this closed building for a bit also). But now it looked like this smoothie place was about to open.... soon. Why would they do that, where they expecting a crowd of some sort? So of course I thought to myself "they've got to be opening today." One of the TM guards tapped on the glass of that shop and asked the workers inside if they would be opening today, the person inside just said "we don't know yet..."

This is getting rediculous. I'd like to go back tomorrow with a glimmer of hope for softs, but after 3 days in a row of getting all excited, loosing sleep over the thought of wandering Hogsmead with just a few other people for the brief hour or so and being one of the firsts to ride FJ, its just getting really tiring. Id like to think "well then at least they have to open friday after the package people" but now I'm thinking otherwise. I hate this guessing game, it sucks. I have to take an hour and a half drive everytime I want to see whats up. I have a real job and a life so, I have to decide whats more important... My hopes and dreams of being one of the first guests into this thing are dwindling. But I'm sure if I hear that there is another large possiblity, i'll go back ASAP. Thanks to everyone who followed me, if you have any questions just ask. Got my trusty iPhone so you can always use twitter @hycontrastkid I dont check the forums on my phone too much cause its so slow. hope this was interesting and not too long, lol

thnx so much man, 'been following you all the time ;)
I'll be sure to check out you twitter again tomorrow if you're gonna be there again...

Also, we kind of decided you look like Ryan Reynolds on you little twitter profile pic :D

thnx again for keeping us up to date!

Teebin, did you ever address the pictures that people dug out regarding the "shaft?" I recall you saying that you would reveal a fact about it. (Sorry if I missed it and you already posted)

^He never posted, he got lost in his movie and never returned.

Maybe he's riding FJ right now, :lol:

Teebin, did you ever address the pictures that people dug out regarding the "shaft?" I recall you saying that you would reveal a fact about it. (Sorry if I missed it and you already posted)

Not yet... still comparing it with a "marauder's map" (how apropos) that I have. They are definitely not buttresses, elevator shafts and most likely not stairwells. I believe they are an extension to support the front facade of the great hall, plus attachment points for the steel frame that hold up the courtyard that shot out beyond. By extension, I mean, they didn't need the building any larger on that end (money saver) but did need vertical support for the weights of steel in the great hall.

The picture posted brought me to another question however. Does anyone know where to see the best night time picture of hogwarts lit up at night? Something recent and clear? I need to clear up another new question about that concrete construction picture.

^He never posted, he got lost in his movie and never returned.

Maybe he's riding FJ right now, :lol:

Actually, I kept hopping back and forth between the movie and here pausing the film at times. Then I started falling asleep in the middle of the film. I knew however that I was sooooooo tired (very stressful day for me yesterday (I hop on here to bury my head in the sand)) that I would not be able to look the map and the picture over last night to analyze. So I did it this afternoon...

Last edited:
Jerikw I have never changed my tune just listing all the options so stop bragging so much & deal with the fact that more than likely after your little hr. of fun hundreds if not thousands of locals will be joining you bright & early on Sat. :p

thnx so much man, 'been following you all the time ;)
I'll be sure to check out you twitter again tomorrow if you're gonna be there again...

Also, we kind of decided you look like Ryan Reynolds on you little twitter profile pic :D

thnx again for keeping us up to date!

haha thanks! And you're welcome! As of now, I'm thinkin I will go tomorrow, just for the hell of it. See if I can take Universal's new Ferrari for a spin...

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q=hogwarts castle orlando#/d2m8kr7
Is this anything of significance? Or would a more recent picture help?

Well, I was really wondering if the smaller tower down the cliff side next to the great hall had any lights in it. It does not... so I am left puzzled... but that was taken a long time ago. Basically, I am trying to find out why the cut out in the top of the concrete wall as can be seen in the picture below.

ioa_harry_potter_7_28_2009%20(14).JPG

Sorry from you that just love the joy of theme parks... I love the design, engineering and creation of theme parks. So bare with me.

Jerikw I have never changed my tune just listing all the options so stop bragging so much & deal with the fact that more than likely after your little hr. of fun hundreds if not thousands of locals will be joining you bright & early on Sat. :p

Not bragging M'Dear.... just pointing, as you so clearly admitted, that they COULD indeed limit entry to package holders only, and that just because they never have before, it is a possibility! And I stick with what I was told in March.... only package holders ALL DAY. I agree it sucks for AP holders, and it's not fair. But that's what they're saying. I was just trying to give information way back then and got jumped all over for it. So I think I'm entitled to a little "moment to gloat"!:peace: We all just want the same thing... to get in and see this place and revel in it's awesomeness! At this point I don't care who gets in first.... I just want to see Hogsmeade and ride FJ, for crying out loud!!!!! I am so sure it will be EPIC!!!(as my daughter the Potterholic says!) And if I get in before you... should I have a Butterbeer or Hogs Head Brew in your honor???

Teebin, I love the same exact thing, man. So much, in fact, it's my future career choice! xD

And I see what you mean. I'm sure it's just that they decided to add the mini tower as a surplus structure that would vertically depend on the bars below, but would also branch off the main concrete structure for added support. The design works a bit differently than that of the larger towers because it's actually embedded into the rock structure. Plus, we already saw that that little tower had no windows, so that lighting idea you had couldn't have been it.

And I think I know why Universal wasn't able to cover the show building. Potter's older brother, Rockit, didn't bring in the bucks it needed to pay for the debt Universal now has from spending over-budget. I am more than sure Universal saw that from the beginning and had something extensive planned for that area. Now, however, they've just decided to leave it as it is and maybe let trees grow higher to cover it for now. Same thing with the greenhouse structure, which was added almost at the very end of the design process.

Who knows? Maybe Universal has a little surprise planned that will include a covering-up of the show building?

Last edited:
entitled to gloat? how about more entitled to drop a few letters from your screen name that sounds a bit better. No need to toast anything for me been there tried that so no need no need :p

I dont know why people think the greenhouse structure was a late addition??

It is clearly part of the queue from where it starts in the dungeons and winds its way inside and through the corridors. Greenhouses are very simple in structure which why they went for a simple greenhouse and then themed it. This ride will have a very long ride and the interior queue lines can't hold the capacity that a cheap inexpensive extended outdoor queue can.

It is clearly part of the queue from where it starts in the dungeons and winds its way inside and through the corridors. Greenhouses are very simple in structure which why they went for a simple greenhouse and then themed it. This ride will have a very long ride and the interior queue lines can't hold the capacity that a cheap inexpensive extended outdoor queue can.

I'm pretty sure that goes back to the "SAS" days.

Lol, again, a made a whoopsie. I meant the extended queue section.