The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 459 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
[/COLOR]Btw i think disney could have kicked universals A** even if they just had one ride. look at Indiana jones in california. and look at journey to the center of the earth in tokyo. Hell look at Everest, the awesome theme. the beautiful detail on ALL sides of the great ride. and trust me im not a huge fan of wdw or disney it's self i prefer universal. but i think disney would have blown universal away. altho i don't think disney could provide an experience that is Hogsmeade. anybody think Gary Goddard helped with Hogsmeade?

let the S**t talking begin:p

Not trying to start anything but Disney didn't fund Journey to the Center of the Earth, I'm sure if it was their budget, it wouldn't have been as great. Everest I don't know what you're talking about, the entire back of the mountain is exposed and the Yeti doesn't even work.

I'm glad Universal got the rights to this because honestly I agree with Teebin in that Disney was just looking for the name to have a draw without actually giving it proper treatment. Look at the latest Disney rides...do any of them really impress you? Disney's last great hurrah (WDW anyway) is Tower of Terror. They have yet to top that, or even Spiderman for that matter. How could anyone expect them to do Harry Potter justice unless they were going to give it it's own land or park?

you know what would be cool? close down Poseidon and open an azkaban attraction!

I hope not for the sake of PF's entrance and Mythos.

Not trying to start anything but Disney didn't fund Journey to the Center of the Earth, I'm sure if it was their budget, it wouldn't have been as great. Everest I don't know what you're talking about, the entire back of the mountain is exposed and the Yeti doesn't even work.

I'm glad Universal got the rights to this because honestly I agree with Teebin in that Disney was just looking for the name to have a draw without actually giving it proper treatment. Look at the latest Disney rides...do any of them really impress you? Disney's last great hurrah (WDW anyway) is Tower of Terror. They have yet to top that, or even Spiderman for that matter. How could anyone expect them to do Harry Potter justice?

That's not fair now, Ralph. You know you would've loved to fling a wand at something and have it squirt little droplets of water at you!

Before everyone rides me, I was a season pass holder at Disneyland for 6 years straight. I LOVE Disney, but they do take shortcuts and lowball a lot (as does Universal). Just look up the things for the proposed Abarat Island and the ride system downgrades for every other ToT. Still, they really do a have a magical quality in their parks.

Also, you're right about ToT being the last BIG hurrah. The mid-90's in general saw the coolest attractions that Disney has put together: ToT, Indiana Jones, Alien Encounter, Honey I Shrunk the Audience... oops, scratch that last one.

Last edited:
I actually thought poseidon could be redone into an Order of the Phoenix wizard battle.

If they ever choose to expand Potterland, I think a show like that would be awesome. Something kind of like a giant battle between all the characters, similar to the one in the last book. I dig it!

To add to that, the entirety of Tokyo DisneySea (where Journey resides) was completely funded and built by Oriental Land Company; both it and Tokyo Disneyland are simply theme parks with the Disney theme as a license, meaning those two parks aren't owned by Disney. And, if you've seen pictures of DisneySea, it literally blows both Universal and every other Disney park out of the water in terms of theming and attention to detail.

And, to also show how Disney loves cutting corners, California Adventure opened the exact same year DisneySea did (except Cali opened in February and Sea not until September). Now look at how the actual Walt Disney Company built their own park, and compare it to what OLC did with theirs.

'K, I'm done. Back to topic. :)

To add to that, the entirety of Tokyo DisneySea (where Journey resides) was completely funded and built by Oriental Land Company; both it and Tokyo Disneyland are simply theme parks with the Disney theme as a license, meaning those two parks aren't owned by Disney. And, if you've seen pictures of DisneySea, it literally blows both Universal and every other Disney park out of the water in terms of theming and attention to detail.

And, to also show how Disney loves cutting corners, California Adventure opened the exact same year DisneySea did (except Cali opened in February and Sea not until September). Now look at how the actual Walt Disney Company built their own park, and compare it to what OLC did with theirs.

Be glad Tokyo Sea went to... well Tokyo. It was supposed to go in at Long Beach and would've been built by the WDC. I'm assuming it would've turned out as a cross between DLP and DCA.

Hey to those who have ridden, is there a storm going on? Because the strobes would be out of place if not...unless something else explains them.

The rest of my pics are up here: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Felipe89/WWoHP 05-29-2010/MORE WWoHP 05-29-2010/?start=all
These are the first pics I took while being surrounded and rushed by the crowds through the FJ queue. There are some new angles, and also some new things that somehow :shrug: I didn't get a picture of the second time around, so check these out too.

Pics of the merch I bought: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Felipe89/WWoHP 05-29-2010/WWoHP Purchases/

Videos are uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/user/FelipeWWoHP

Here's a couple highlights:

Check out the RoR during the FJ breakdown. I was sooo close to riding :'( You can see how they turned on the lights behind the mirror wall, allowing you to see the arms holding the benches and a curtain behind them. Fun behind the scenes stuff. Quality is suckish, but oh well...
[video=youtube;4u8WCcDSJ7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u8WCcDSJ7U[/video]

Dedicated to Teebin :wave:
[video=youtube;P90KDyrQ4rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P90KDyrQ4rg[/video]
[video=youtube;6a2LjDNidYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a2LjDNidYc[/video]

Last edited:

you are correct.

DisneySea s plans can only be bought by the Japanese.
That park will never worked in its full plan if ever built in US.

But still, Potter, eventho there are many things I wanted it there, but still
IT IS THE BEST THING in US have ever built.
I know many will argue that once either CarLand at DCA and FantasyLand expansion will top it.

I think, this is the best we ever going to get in budget and theme park planning in States side.

NO doubt about it.

Universal should be proud.

I think in the world TOP ranking of best themed lands + state of the art rides.

1. DisneySea
2. Potter land
3. Carsland or Fantasyland expansion (I am for Carsland)

Felipe, those two wands, were they both wood? How much were the larger and smaller variety?

Yeah, they're both wood. I don't think they're actually the wood it says it is, like alder wood or hazel wood, but they're wood. They're all $28.95 + tax. All Ollivander's wands, that is. I personally didn't see replica wands, but I heard they're priced differently.

Felipe, I loved how you arranged the merch and the backdrop! Very nice! Did you save the receipts? I may have to add a cauldron to my list of wants. Are they really metal? Do they have other sizes?

Been lurking for a while, wanted to pop in and say thank you to all who've shared their pics and videos. I'm going at the end of September, and can't wait!

Special thanks to Felipe for the shot of the taps. My husband will be happy that Guinness is available. :smiley:

Is the Hog's Head brew an ale?