The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 463 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going to ignoring the _ing over the ride because it's not that bad & really is something amazing. My friend who is even more hardcore Disney than me (& works there) saw the video of the FJ queue & said he is going to buy a ticket to Uni just to go see WWoHP.

I just wanted to say how thrilled I am with how well it was running today & let's hope it stays this way

Also Felipe looks like someone in your party has a B-Day around mine since I also have the Hazel wand as my own.

Where did jj3352 say anything about being evacuated? The comment was their expectations were self-described as being way too high hence the lack of exiting enthusiasm.

I heard it ran the entire 2+ hours without issue. (Heard the 11 comment changed at the last minute to like 1030ish).

i didnt get evacuated but all the lights came on and we sat there for about 20 mins, then they made an announcement the vehicals would move at anytime. Then the ride resumed in the dark with nothing working but the music. it was about 10:55ish when it stopped.

--- Update ---

ill be posting a Detailed Picture update of Hogsmeade later today. I'm goin to busch gardens for dinner =]

Last edited:
Where did jj3352 say anything about being evacuated? The comment was their expectations were self-described as being way too high hence the lack of exiting enthusiasm.

I heard it ran the entire 2+ hours without issue. (Heard the 11 comment changed at the last minute to like 1030ish).

"I got to be evacuated form the ride btw, took them about 25 mins to get to us."
quoted the wrong post, sorry...

Disagree. Completely disagree. Not usually one to hype a Universal ride as I am usually the type to be way more compelled by what Disney provides. Forbidden Journey is the next big thing.

EDIT: For what it's worth - never cared for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Not even my first ride on it.

I cannot yet explain why this IS the NEXT generation of rides. Still too few people have been on. They have done things never before done (particularly to this level).
If someone has an example of a more engrossing attraction and surrounding area please share. I'd like to go.

I'm a jaded theme park goer but feel happily 'immersed' in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.

i just wanted to say that i saw what i think was the skeleton of the baslisk.(after you fly out of quidditch the first time) but im not very sure.
i went on Fj 1 and 3/4th more times today, and i really changed my mind about the ride its self, this is not a game changing attraction, the seats aren't that small.
i have to say i saw alot more then i saw on sunday! you need to ride this thing a few times to catch everything! the dragon effect was NOT working and aragog was Just a flash of light again. but i did notice what seemed to be 1000 smaller acromantulas that did move! i also have to say the ride movements are what make this attraction go BAM! so much fun
i didn't see the dark lord at all ever not once.

i do how ever wish they had more lighting on the ride because there seems to be so much crap back farther then you can see.
I got to be evacuated form the ride btw, took them about 25 mins to get to us. then the ride started again in the dark with just the music. projectors aren't on carrousel. i think they are way to huge!
hogsmeade still is my favorite part of the whole island. i don't think the crowd control will be that much of an issue. there is plenty of space for people disperse themselves.

this is a THEME PARK land nothing more, not a game changer for the industry. detailed but technology advanced not in the least bit. but plenty of fun
potter fans will have great time but i also think this was designed so that people that don't even like harry potter can enjoy.
i think with the small budget they had did a great job.

The end of the ride (floo Powder effect) and the Forbiddn forest scenes are the best parts of the entire thing!

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE. Thanks for ruining it for me. Also, please please PLEASE find somewhere to gripe that isn't this forum.

Reactions: mantaguy
I cannot yet explain why this IS the NEXT generation of rides. Still too few people have been on. They have done things never before done (particularly to this level).
If someone has an example of a more engrossing attraction and surrounding area please share. I'd like to go.

I'm a jaded theme park goer but feel happily 'immersed' in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.

Agreed, and understood. I have a decent hand at writing, but not when I'm as tired as I am right now. Maybe tomorrow I can sum things up better for you.

Also - someone posted that today ended in a downtime that resulted in evacuating riders and never came back up- this is not accurate. Not today at least. The other days were not so lucky, as is my understanding.

--- Update ---

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE. Thanks for ruining it for me.

Relax. The Bassilisk skeleton doesn't add or subtract from the scene at all. It's just there.

Agreed, and understood. I have a decent hand at writing, but not when I'm as tired as I am right now. Maybe tomorrow I can sum things up better for you.

Also - someone posted that today ended in a downtime that resulted in evacuating riders and never came back up- this is not accurate. Not today at least. The other days were not so lucky, as is my understanding.

--- Update ---

Relax. The Bassilisk skeleton doesn't add or subtract from the scene at all. It's just there.

Thats correct, I got stuck on it on Saturday morning, took almost an hour for them to 'rescue' us

I'd say that it seems some people don't appreciate the fact that they aren't going to experience anything like this anywhere in the world. Not even at the happiest place on earth. HUge robotic arms tossing helpless riders through giant projection domes and physical atmospheres from one of the most recognizable stories ever concieved....sounds lame.

There was more to it than that and quite frankly, I've tried to keep knowledge of what is in the ride to a bare minimum for the time being. There is a spoiler thread for a reason. Or, if you can't be assed, the polite action of making it white or at least prefacing with "SPOILER ALERT" so someone doesn't read that post.

I was hoping for at least a flip. =(

here:
images

Reactions: mantaguy
At the expense of turning it from a state-of-the-art family attraction to just one more addition on the list of thrill rides for the sake of thrills? No thank you.
Besides, you don't need inversions and drops galore for something to be thrilling.