The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 462 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I do agree that those completely unfamiliar with the premise of the series will be lost beyond help, the fact remains that the aforementioned people are few and far between. If you've not read the books, you've probably seen at least one movie and if you haven't seen the movies, you've probably heard about it at the very least. I think all three rides have storylines that are easy to follow and the immersive characteristics of both the rides and Hogsmeade make it so that you can still feel like you're part of Harry's world, even if you don't have a damn clue who this Potter fellow is.

And it's a hell of a lot to explain, too. I think Uni understands the scope of this franchise and has pulled it off rather well, given the budget and space.

It hit the nail on the head perfectly me for me. Does anyone else feel this way? I think the whole not introducing people to Harry Potter is spot-on. I was watching the POV of the ride and I noticed how nothing was really 'explained', I guess. It was more of a "you already know what all this stuff is so here you go!" kind of thing.

Another really good example of this alienation is Ollivander's. Sure that may seem exciting to Potter fans, but what average theme park guest is going to wait in that line to watch that?

Just like everything said on Theme Park Review, I read that and said "completely wrong." (Not a fan, can you tell?)

Here's the thing- I couldn't be further from a Star Trek fan. Hate every version of the series, the characters, the properities, just don't care for it. As such, know very little about it and it's backstories. I've always thought Star Trek: The Experience (speaking of course more in terms of the original Klingon Encounter and less about the second Borg Invasion attraction) was easily one of the best themed, most immersive, most enjoyable attraction experiences in the entire world. Absolutely loved it. Paid top dollar to do it quite a few times. Again, not at all a Star Wars fan. They did it right - and in the same sense, Universal did it right with Wizarding World. Everything is easily recognized as something that "could be" in one of the films if you've even seen one of the commericals for one over the years - and if you've read the books, everything is definitely identifiable.

Don't worry about that review. Honestly, just don't read TPR. Life will be better :lol:

i checked tpr occasionally but they are basically all jerks and negative so i don't read anything they say

spiderman ride doesn't explain anything either

Awww. I am not a TPR member but I've been a fan of Robb and Elissa's for several years. I've never thought of them as jerks. Through their videos I have gotten to see some really cool theme parks from all over the world! I'm greatful for their hard work and enthusiasm. The people on the tours they sponsor look like they're having the time of their lives.:happy:

Awww. I am not a TPR member but I've been a fan of Robb and Elissa's for several years. I've never thought of them as jerks. Through their videos I have gotten to see some really cool theme parks from all over the world! I'm greatful for their hard work and enthusiasm. The people on the tours they sponsor look like they're having the time of their lives.:happy:

Spending a day with them is like hanging out with some sort of acid-spitting viper. NOTHING is good enough for their standards. Go to Six Flags and they complain that it's not Disney. Go to Disney and complain that it's not what it used to be. No ride is good enough, UNLESS they can use it to hype getting people's money for their trips, which is very important - because people's money pays for their personal travel portions as well. They're hypocritical, two-faced scam artists.

Anyone see Alvey's nasty-gram in reply to the FJ POV? Talks about how his would be so much better - but leaves out how youtube banned his original account for breaking all sorts of copyright laws. Talks about breaking park rules, but leaves out getting his Cedar Fair season pass revoked and banned from all CF media events for quite some time for sneaking a camera on Top Thrill Dragster of all rides, on it's media day of all days! I'd never tell anyone who to be friends with, and it's totally ok if you like him. All I'd say is be careful.

i didn't mean anyone specific

just when i read it a lot of them are making some pretty rude comments and pretty snide

Last edited:
Just like everything said on Theme Park Review, I read that and said "completely wrong." (Not a fan, can you tell?)

Here's the thing- I couldn't be further from a Star Trek fan. Hate every version of the series, the characters, the properities, just don't care for it. As such, know very little about it and it's backstories. I've always thought Star Trek: The Experience (speaking of course more in terms of the original Klingon Encounter and less about the second Borg Invasion attraction) was easily one of the best themed, most immersive, most enjoyable attraction experiences in the entire world. Absolutely loved it. Paid top dollar to do it quite a few times. Again, not at all a Star Wars fan. They did it right - and in the same sense, Universal did it right with Wizarding World. Everything is easily recognized as something that "could be" in one of the films if you've even seen one of the commericals for one over the years - and if you've read the books, everything is definitely identifiable.

Don't worry about that review. Honestly, just don't read TPR. Life will be better :lol:

yeah i agree! there so many themed rides i have been on and really enjoyed, and i have never watched what they are based on or never really enjoyed the character/show/film they are about... not even much of a harry potter fan tbh... but this ride is epic!

Last edited:
yeah i agree! there so many themed rides i have been on and really enjoyed, and i have never watched what they are based on or never really enjoyed the character/show/film they are about... not even much of a harry potter fan tbh... but this ride is epic!
Same here! I've been on rides where I've been completely in the dark about the details of the theme...but I still enjoy them! I think it is such an immersive (groan...that word again!) experience that even people who were previously unaware or uninterested in Harry Potter will have a wonderful time...and probably drop loads of cash on the books and movies afterward.

Honestly, my solid favorite ride in the entire world is Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Not really an Indiana Jones franchise fan. I guess that just further proves the point. I AM a big Potter fan though.

I have feeling on how they are suppose to explain the location of the preshow rooms work.

The Common room has a big hole connecting to the hallway (of the sorting hat) and to the loading RoR

i double checked the movies, and it is suppose to be a complete wall there (where the hole is) with the wall art design.
instead, in the FJ common room, the art is cut up where the hole is.

I guess Harmonie had to did some magic to open a new walkway and hole in the wall
for us to pass thru the common room to get to the RoR (which is suppose to be magical anyways)

IF there is NO such story line, then the queue line rooms dont make any sense.
on why the common room will be opened up right in the middle of big hallways.

THey should have made this clearer.

but still, I can not exlain why Dumbledores office is next to DADA classroom.....
blame it all on magic for us muggles I guess!

if anyone have a better idea of how to explain that, please tell me.
Is hurting my head.

i just wanted to say that i saw what i think was the skeleton of the baslisk.(after you fly out of quidditch the first time) but im not very sure.
i went on Fj 1 and 3/4th more times today, and i really changed my mind about the ride its self, this is not a game changing attraction, the seats aren't that small.
i have to say i saw alot more then i saw on sunday! you need to ride this thing a few times to catch everything! the dragon effect was NOT working and aragog was Just a flash of light again. but i did notice what seemed to be 1000 smaller acromantulas that did move! i also have to say the ride movements are what make this attraction go BAM! so much fun
i didn't see the dark lord at all ever not once.

i do how ever wish they had more lighting on the ride because there seems to be so much crap back farther then you can see.
I got to be evacuated form the ride btw, took them about 25 mins to get to us. then the ride started again in the dark with just the music. projectors aren't on carrousel. i think they are way to huge!
hogsmeade still is my favorite part of the whole island. i don't think the crowd control will be that much of an issue. there is plenty of space for people disperse themselves.

this is a THEME PARK land nothing more, not a game changer for the industry. detailed but technology advanced not in the least bit. but plenty of fun
potter fans will have great time but i also think this was designed so that people that don't even like harry potter can enjoy.
i think with the small budget they had did a great job.

The end of the ride (floo Powder effect) and the Forbiddn forest scenes are the best parts of the entire thing!

Last edited:
Spending a day with them is like hanging out with some sort of acid-spitting viper. NOTHING is good enough for their standards. Go to Six Flags and they complain that it's not Disney. Go to Disney and complain that it's not what it used to be. No ride is good enough, UNLESS they can use it to hype getting people's money for their trips, which is very important - because people's money pays for their personal travel portions as well. They're hypocritical, two-faced scam artists.

Anyone see Alvey's nasty-gram in reply to the FJ POV? Talks about how his would be so much better - but leaves out how youtube banned his original account for breaking all sorts of copyright laws. Talks about breaking park rules, but leaves out getting his Cedar Fair season pass revoked and banned from all CF media events for quite some time for sneaking a camera on Top Thrill Dragster of all rides, on it's media day of all days! I'd never tell anyone who to be friends with, and it's totally ok if you like him. All I'd say is be careful.

I swear I'm usually grammatically correct, but I have to say it: EPIC PWN!

this is a THEME PARK land nothing more, not a game changer for the industry. detailed but technology advanced not in the least bit. but plenty of fun
potter fans will have great time but i also think this was designed so that people that don't even like harry potter can enjoy.
i think with the small budget they had did a great job.

Disagree. Completely disagree. Not usually one to hype a Universal ride as I am usually the type to be way more compelled by what Disney provides. Forbidden Journey is the next big thing.

EDIT: For what it's worth - never cared for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Not even my first ride on it.

--- Update ---

I swear I'm usually grammatically correct, but I have to say it: EPIC PWN!

Not gonna lie. This made me smile. :lol:

Last edited:
i had WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY to high of! expectations for this ride tho. you have to understand that i thought this was going to be the Future of rides but i realize this is just for now.

i had WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY to high of! expectations for this ride tho. you have to understand that i thought this was going to be the Future of rides but i realize this is just for now.

It is though. There's so many first-of-its-kind technology moments throughout this thing. It's exceptionally groundbreaking. You may have over-hyped yourself to death, but this ride really *is* the next big thing. Rides are going to be measured to it from here on out much in the same way The Amazing Adventure of Spider-Man (though I disagree), Indiana Jones Adventure, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion are all virtual spokespersons for their respective genres. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a really big deal for the industry.

When did you get evacuated today? I was riding it between 10 and 10:30, so I'm assuming it was after that? When we got off they told us it would be running until 11, so I'm wondering how close they got to that 3 hour mark.

When did you get evacuated today? I was riding it between 10 and 10:30, so I'm assuming it was after that? When we got off they told us it would be running until 11, so I'm wondering how close they got to that 3 hour mark.

Where did jj3352 say anything about being evacuated? The comment was their expectations were self-described as being way too high hence the lack of exiting enthusiasm.

I heard it ran the entire 2+ hours without issue. (Heard the 11 comment changed at the last minute to like 1030ish).

but still, I can not exlain why Dumbledores office is next to DADA classroom.....
blame it all on magic for us muggles I guess!

if anyone have a better idea of how to explain that, please tell me.
Is hurting my head.

This is the real castle. This is how everything really looks. The books and movies were just wrong. Don't blame it on them though. It was hard to make the books and movies because this is the first time muggle are actually being allowed on school grounds :p

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts