The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 538 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think its the new HRRR cause the Mummy and more famously Test Track had continued down problems even after grand opening.

Yep, the Mummy had the worst time with the backwards/turntable scene as I recall. That went on for 3-4 weeks I believe. Never heard what the inevitable fix for it was or if it was computer or mechanically related or both.

Last edited:
More than likely a program fix. Mechanics move based on the programming language given to it. Probably a missplaced if, then statement, and they just kept going through the sqeuence and figuring out which one was giving the most problems.

More than likely a program fix. Mechanics move based on the programming language given to it. Probably a missplaced if, then statement, and they just kept going through the sqeuence and figuring out which one was giving the most problems.

Coding can be a bugger, I do know that. Especially test code that one forgets to remove.

Coding can be a bugger, I do know that. Especially test code that one forgets to remove.

LOL - I have done that before. The other issue is debugging other people's code. Stepping through everything can get VERY confusing and takes a long time to do. Then sometimes you fix one part, but there are other parts or by fixing that you break other parts. I imagine the code for these ride systems are VERY complex. I would not want to be those people.

Yea I'm in the middle of a Java class and its getting pretty fun right now with this statements. I've done VB and C++ in the past so its all pretty similar, but utterly different.

Do you think they will be letting onsite guests in up til 6/18 or will they stop it beforehand? I arrive 6/12 at HRH for 5 nights and was assured I was getting in.I guess you can call it lucky but I booked in Feb. for 6/12-6/17. Was told I would not have a problem.

Just read this on Twitter:
My cousin is in IOA right now, she just sent me word that [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG] opens at 1230. I hope she's right!!

Has anyone heard or read if this has occurred?

I doubt it unless the cousin works there (which the person would have said) they have no way of knowing if it will re open or not. I hate false hope people just need to realize if they are setting up the walls again for dragons to just go home or enjoy the rest of the park.

I can not believe my good fortune! When my family and I made plans back in February to visit Universal, we assumed that WWoHP would have been open for at least a month by the time we arrived. Hubby decided that staying on property was worth the extra expense just for the express passes. So --- not only do we get to see WWoHP before it's grand opening, but also without all of the crowds! Too good to be true. We will be at the Royal Pacific from June 12-17. Wondering what the chances of me running into any celebrities are. I noticed that over a month ago when I checked, Portafino Bay was booked for the same time frame.

Thank you to everyone who has been posting for the last several months. Love the updates and pics. Have a love-hate relationship with all the riddles (sorry Teebin). Even have enjoyed all of the bickering and ridiculous speculations.

In just a few days, I will be on that 7:45 water taxi, checking out the new island for myself!

Maybe 12:30 isn't accurate, but when I went to the wait times page, dueling dragons was not listed. Does anyone know of someone who is there and can confirm the walls have been put back up?

I can not believe my good fortune! When my family and I made plans back in February to visit Universal, we assumed that WWoHP would have been open for at least a month by the time we arrived. Hubby decided that staying on property was worth the extra expense just for the express passes. So --- not only do we get to see WWoHP before it's grand opening, but also without all of the crowds! Too good to be true. We will be at the Royal Pacific from June 12-17. Wondering what the chances of me running into any celebrities are. I noticed that over a month ago when I checked, Portafino Bay was booked for the same time frame.

Thank you to everyone who has been posting for the last several months. Love the updates and pics. Have a love-hate relationship with all the riddles (sorry Teebin). Even have enjoyed all of the bickering and ridiculous speculations.

In just a few days, I will be on that 7:45 water taxi, checking out the new island for myself!

If I were you I'd get on an earlier taxi or walk there, but just go earlier. (Yeah, there are earlier taxis, even though the letter says they begin 7:45. When I went I decided to go early so I chose to go walking at 7:30 and there were already taxis running and lots of people at the gates of IoA.) People are lining up very early! Just saying so you can be further up the line, and then get to FJ sooner and have a better chance of riding!

mrswesty & anyone else going the week leading up to opening I recommend you go as early (& as often) in your trip as possible. The few days before the 18th there are a lot of media events going on that could limit you access to the area a bit. This also goes for everyone else don't expect public softs the 2 or 3 days leading up to the opening unless its only a few hrs. like it has been because they need the time to set up for the parties. As far as spoting any celebs. at the parks they will be backstage as much as possible you have better luck spotting them at the resorts