The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 658 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey remember when a few members of this board "insisted" that "everyone" would get choosen for a wand...and then I said that was absolutely impossibe due to crowd control...umm yeah. Told you so.

Even with only 1 person of every group getting picked the line into this "interactive-store" is over an hour. That's Retarded. It's a big over sight by Universal's part. They are going to have to change something. Either add an actual queue line or expand the attraction to hold more people at once. It's kinda sad that you could ride both Dueling Dragons in the time it takes to see this 5 min show.

If the wait is more then 10 mins when I go, I will be skipping this attraction.

Hey remember when a few members of this board "insisted" that "everyone" would get choosen for a wand...and then I said that was absolutely impossibe due to crowd control...umm yeah. Told you so.

Even with only 1 person of every group getting picked the line into this "interactive-store" is over an hour. That's Retarded. It's a big over sight by Universal's part. They are going to have to change something. Either add an actual queue line or expand the attraction to hold more people at once. It's kinda sad that you could ride both Dueling Dragons in the time it takes to see this 5 min show.

I don't think it's sad. I think it's great that they've created a show that people really want to see. And because of it's popularity, you have to wait in line for it. That's just how it goes. You join the queue line that DOES EXIST after asking the TM at the door how long the wait is. Its just like a regular attraction that's a bit "hidden". So if you skip this, it is purely your loss because it is a great show, and shows how much theme parks can pull of when they want to. No one likes a told-you-soer.

P.S. The use of the word retarded in the context you used it is very rude. Many peoply can be seriousely offended by that because they know someone with a mental handicap. It is not a joking matter.

I don't think it's sad. I think it's great that they've created a show that people really want to see. And because of it's popularity, you have to wait in line for it. That's just how it goes. You join the queue line that DOES EXIST after asking the TM at the door how long the wait is. Its just like a regular attraction that's a bit "hidden". So if you skip this, it is purely your loss because it is a great show, and shows how much theme parks can pull of when they want to. No one likes a told-you-soer.

P.S. The use of the word retarded in the context you used it is very rude. Many peoply can be seriousely offended by that because they know someone with a mental handicap. It is not a joking matter.

Well in that context I have to agree with you. However, I would like to point out that some people can get offended by things that shouldn't bother them. Retard means to slow down or impede... However, so many people have used it in such a negative context that it's almost a second definition now... Sorry, I can't help but point out these things... I'm an english nut xD...

Well in that context I have to agree with you. However, I would like to point out that some people can get offended by things that shouldn't bother them. Retard means to slow down or impede... However, so many people have used it in such a negative context that it's almost a second definition now... Sorry, I can't help but point out these things... I'm an english nut xD...

Lets just get back to topic before someone blows an another word out we didn't intend on....So, the Ollivanters line is long and people are still waiting even if the line time is an hour, right?

Last edited:
Lets just get back to topic before someone blows an another word out we didn't intend on....So, the Ollivanters line is long and people are still waiting even if the line time is an hour, right?

That would be correct. It seems that those people are probably on vacation, and will never get a chance to see this happen again, so they'll do anything they can to get picked. You can't blame people for that. I'm just happy I went during softs.

--- Update ---

I know, I use the term in music all the time. But this is my last comment on the subject. I highly doubt the commenter was suggesting that the line was slowing down or impeding. He meant that the idea of rediculousely long lines was stupid, or dumb. You can fill in the blanks from there.

That would be correct. It seems that those people are probably on vacation, and will never get a chance to see this happen again, so they'll do anything they can to get picked. You can't blame people for that. I'm just happy I went during softs.

Awesome you went during the softs! Hopfuly things will work out better for Ollivanders as the WWoHP gets older and older....

I wish I could have gone to the softs... Unfortunately I'm going in October, so I will have to face some crowd or another... At least most of the crowds will have cleared up by then... Anyway, has anyone heard news on restocks, or are we still going with August as the earliest date?

I wish I could have gone to the softs... Unfortunately I'm going in October, so I will have to face some crowd or another... At least most of the crowds will have cleared up by then... Anyway, has anyone heard news on restocks, or are we still going with August as the earliest date?

No idea, but I think they might reconsider pushing up the restock time, at least for some items. It would only mean more profit for them.

I just want to say that although we did encounter TMs who were very unfamiliar with the area they were working in I do not by any means want to give the impression this was constant. It was only a few times a day and only the one time in the WWOHP where we spent most of our 4 days. I think the TMs who were not as well versed in their area were likely put there for the day to cover somone who was handling things for the Grand Opening weekend. I don't believe it had anything to do with the employees' abilities but the lack of training on behalf of the employer. All the TMs with exception of two, were friendly, polite, and tried to find out the answer if they didn't know.

Sooo Many TMs were right on spot! They were very in character! So willing to help and had so many ideas and helpful information. We had many occasions where the TMs went out of their way to help us, Heather at the Hippogriff ride was SUPER helpful!! Two conductors were SOO in to their character and really made my eldest daughter (20 yrs old) feel like she was actually in Hogsmead! Kat at Forbiden Journey made all of us feel like we were really in Hogwarts. She was the epiodomy of a Hogwarts student! So much so that if FJ makes you feel like you are IN the movie Kat makes you forget you are in a theme park and right there in the hallways of Hogwarts! Everyone in the WWOHP really made the 300% effort to make you feel you were really THERE.

There was only one TM who was out right Rude! We were at Universal Studios in a Comic Book shop where the R2D2 and C3PO life sizes are for sale. It had poured down rain for at least an hour, my children were all facintated by all they saw and picked out several items to purchase. We went to the registar where my son piled all of his gathered merchandise and gave the man our AAA card. He ran everything up by jerking it off the counter and shoving it in a bag then announced the total. My son asked if he had counted the AAA card and the man didn't even look at it. He snapped at my son "You can't use that here! It doesn't have the three digit code!" We were all taken aback by his attitude. This was the third day we used the AAA cards in the parks and never did anyone ask us for a three digit code. My son looked over the card and found a three digit code and asked if that was the code he was looking for? The man snatched the card out of my son's hands then snapped at a man who was touching the Terminator figurine which was on display. The customer quickly appologized and the TM said "I spent 3 hours supergluing the fingers back on that today!" The customer again appologized and said he thought it was for sale like some of the other displays. The TM said something sort of under his breath like "shows how much you know" or something to the effect of how stupid the customer was.

We did get the AAA discount and left thinking the TM must have had a really hard day. We have never been to a Theme park where a TM was so Rude! I hope whatever was bothering him that day got MUCH better and he was feeling cheerful quickly.

The Comic Book TM was a rare case. I am sure there was something tragic going on in his personal life. Hopefully it has passed and his life is better. 95% of the TMs and other employees were wonderful and made our experience in the park better than we had anticipated.

The Comic Book TM was a rare case. I am sure there was something tragic going on in his personal life. Hopefully it has passed and his life is better. 95% of the TMs and other employees were wonderful and made our experience in the park better than we had anticipated.

Colleen, that is the kindest most thoughtful revelation of what was probably and hopefully true. It was just a bad day for the TM. Your attitude should inspire us all to be kind and look for understanding where it might be sometimes hard to find. I feel like I just went to church!

I made suggestions to have a ticket purchased or just given for those who really want the experience and have a seperate queque for them allowing one in that line with 24 of the other line who just want to watch. Unfortunately, I think the line of ticket holders will be longer than the other line for quite some time.

I don't think it is a waist of time to wait in the line. For now, until they upgrade to the wands interacting at small points in the park, this is a key element of the park. It is the one place, if you are chosen, that YOU can make the magic happen. Have the wands work and do their thing. I have no idea of your age but when I was little I use to wiggle my nose or cross my arms, blink and bow my head sharply to see if I could do the "magic" I saw on TV. I also tried my best holding a black umbrella with the head of a bird on the handle while jumping off a picnic table. Of course I couldn't but the thrill of "it might happen" and what I imagined afterwards was fun. Ollivanders takes it up a notch quit a bit and it is sooo much fun to watch the faces of the people chosen! This was the purpose of Ollivanders and they succeeded.

Colleen, I think every person who works in customer service would love to have you as their customer!

I've been meaning to ask for sometime...we've talkngn a lot about rides and Merch...but what is everyone's favorite window display??? Animated or not...

Colleen, I think every person who works in customer service would love to have you as their customer!

I've been meaning to ask for sometime...we've talkngn a lot about rides and Merch...but what is everyone's favorite window display??? Animated or not...

I really do enjoy them all, but the best has to be the self-writing quill. That's something you'd really expect to see in Hogsmeade.

Sooo Many TMs were right on spot! They were very in character! So willing to help and had so many ideas and helpful information.
That is one of the things I love about WWoHP. It's toned down a bit now as compared to the softs/hotel previews, but the atmosphere is still there and I really enjoy it. I've always loved Uni/IOA's theming and have found it very underrated by the "No one does theming like Disney crowd," but the interactivity was largely missing. WWoHP ties together detail with TMs who complete creation of the "world."

Need a little help here, going tomorrow and was wondering what time are they letting people in the front gate and how bad are the lines at opening? Will I have to wait still to get into the WWoHP right at 9am or has it died down just a little in the mornings.

Last edited:
Need a little help here, going tomorrow and was wondering what time are they letting people in the front gate and how bad are the lines at opening? Will I have to wait still to get into the WWoHP right at 9am or has it died down just a little in the mornings.

I haven't gone at opening time in a while, but I believe you'll probobly get in early. How early, I don't know. And I'd say if there is a line to enter it won't form until at least 30 minutes after GP gets let in, and even then it will be a 30 minute wait tops.

Hey, you may see me. All I need to know is how the wait times have been recently for anyone who has been.