The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 815 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode today with the new floo network. I don't find it better or worse, just different. My understanding before was that we were traveling through chimneys and now it is green portal instead. I didn't notice anything else different in the rest of the ride though.

Rode today with the new floo network. I don't find it better or worse, just different. My understanding before was that we were traveling through chimneys and now it is green portal instead. I didn't notice anything else different in the rest of the ride though.

Yeah I agree with this. From what it sounds like it blends in with the green fog.

What's the whole point with this floo network?? I don't remember it in any of the movies...if it was even in the movies what was it used for?

From Harry Potter Wiki...

The Floo Network is a mode of transportation in the wizarding world in which a witch or wizard goes from one place to another by means of Floo powder and a fireplace. Many fireplaces are connected in the Floo Network, and the traveller need only speak the desired fireplace they wish to arrive at very clearly as they stand in the emerald green flames.

Some screencaps for reference:

iS9fBxopegFhO.jpg

iwj8Pg4SFoAiP.jpg

i9ZLqYTWEq8gA.jpg

iTnSsCtMUZ5MQ.jpg

OH! Now I remember it, i always wondered what those were when watching. I didn't have much interest in HP until I saw WWoHP back in 2011 for the first time and so I'm not fully educated in what everything is.

My girlfriend just started picking up the books, and she is flying through them (and I think she's actually enjoying them) because she figured she should get some "product knowledge" about what was going on with two huge additions to the resort she works at. :lol:

The real trick will be getting her to watch the movies, as she basically refuses anything that isn't sunshine and rainbows of a movie (i.e. Disney/kid movies or chick flicks).

My mind immediately thought of the stage from the WWoHP grand opening ceremony.....

[video=youtube;hqacGBnwEUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqacGBnwEUo[/video]

In addition to that, I thought either some upgrade "Frog Choir/Tri-Wizard Pep Rally", too.

Or on a far less chance.......a stage for announcing the phase 2 expansion. I mean, where better to announce that Uni is adding to Potter than from the Hogwarts grounds?! :pray:

EDIT: AmusementPics posted that a (new?) cart is over by this archway selling pins, keychains, and lanyards....

ir23vULzI5Y7V.jpg

isHIw9vNccBkp.jpg

Last edited:
That pin cart looks like a converted 18th century hurse... or do they still use hurses like that in New Orleans? Pins... I will never understand the allure of pins at theme parks.

A small inexpensive keepsake?

Inexpensive is a thing of the past unfortunately, while cruising the gift shops in Carsland I came across pins that are now up to 22.99! I remember when I was a kid collecting them before it was popular though and they sold at Disney for 3 or 4 dollars.

Inexpensive is a thing of the past unfortunately, while cruising the gift shops in Carsland I came across pins that are now up to 22.99! I remember when I was a kid collecting them before it was popular though and they sold at Disney for 3 or 4 dollars.

The only place pins are inexpensive is Ebay.