The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 816 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess this permit implies it will be a permanent installation? I wish a permit would be filed to remove that silly snowman. Does that even have relevance in the books?

Screamscape has an interesting take on the stage.

2014 - Wizarding World Expansion Link - (10/19/12) ParkScope reports discovering a new permit from Universal Orlando this week to install a “Stage in Wizaring World of Harry Potter”. If you notice, it only says ‘install’ and not build or construct, so I’m guessing this is most likely some kind of temporary stage being put in for a limited time. Could this be for some kind of new unique Holiday entertainment additions to the Wizarding World, or could this be something related more to the eventual announcement about the expansion via the Hogwarts Express?* We’ll find out soon enough.

Sounds like announcement to me.

Screamscape has an interesting take on the stage.

2014 - Wizarding World Expansion Link - (10/19/12) ParkScope reports discovering a new permit from Universal Orlando this week to install a “Stage in Wizaring World of Harry Potter”. If you notice, it only says ‘install’ and not build or construct, so I’m guessing this is most likely some kind of temporary stage being put in for a limited time. Could this be for some kind of new unique Holiday entertainment additions to the Wizarding World, or could this be something related more to the eventual announcement about the expansion via the Hogwarts Express?* We’ll find out soon enough.

Sounds like announcement to me.

It is a tough call whether it is temporary or permanent based on viewing the permit doc. Slalom Construction appears to be a small company.
Not a clue what this will amount to.

The timing is curious if November 1st is to be believed. Even more curious assuming Transformers would come before a Potter announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

The timing is curious if November 1st is to be believed. Even more curious assuming Transformers would come before a Potter announcement.

Does the choir and durmstrang actually require a stage? Has this been a serious crowd viewing issue?

I believe it does. When I was there in August it was a serious crowd control issue. If possible, I'd like them to move the stage back 20 feet to allow more people to stand and not block the path to FJ/Hogsmead/Jurassic Park.

Does the choir and durmstrang actually require a stage? Has this been a serious crowd viewing issue?

Yes, it is. It's all on level-ground, so really only the first row of people gathered around can see anything at all. And any children that didn't get to sit with the others up front either have to be carried, or miss out altogether.

I rode a bunch of times yesterday and think the new projections make much more sense. I still think the floo network is the worst aspect of the ride, but it is an improvement. The projection is simply a green portal type effect.

In terms of the ride profile, I do think there are some changes. I noticed most of the changes right before the dragon scene and then during the spider scenes. Even though I've ridden FJ a plethora of times, I may just think these things changed simply because JungleSkip said the profile changed.

I didn't notice a difference in the lighting at all.

Does any body have a video of the new floo network scene?

Also, here is a great new lights-on video. Around 1:45 it shows some parts near the whomping willow I have not seen before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kR1bCJB9J8

^Great video. It really shows how the Kuka arms keep you focused on what you should be looking at with all the exposed maintenance items in the ride area that can be seen in that video.

Those extra dementors are very visible in that video, thanks for sharing!

I remember having to go through with the lights on back in 2011. Very interesting to see the walkways beside you the entire time. Also spotted cherry pickers in the Dragon and Willow scenes. :thumbs:

Went through FJ today and the floo network makes things a lot more cohesive! there were a few dead spots on some of the floo screens. All the other AA's were up and running, the dementor face screen worked perfectly as well. They really need to beef up the definition of the screens. Bring me some HD! haha

I went last week and was extremely impressed by FJ again and after over 425 journeys with Harry you would think the ride would get very boring but it doesn't. I did see some dead spots on the floo network screens but those could easily be fixed. IMO I'm not sure if the films should be in HD on the ride. As fluid as the motion is..the clarity of HD just might produce many more protein spills :rofl: It would be cool to see HP 2.0 keep getting enhanced like this even after it's been open for over 2 years :thumbs:

IMO I'm not sure if the films should be in HD on the ride. As fluid as the motion is..the clarity of HD just might produce many more protein spills:

The opposite is actually true. Lower resolution and lower frame rates are what made the old BTTF. Body Wars and Star Tours rides so horrid for many people. Most have said that the newer HD and frame rate increase made the ride more tolerable. I know that Simpsons was a totally better experience for me compared to BTTF.

I'll admit the older I get the more some simulators get to me. Rides like BTTF, Simpsons, Wild Artic, Star Tours, Mission Space, and even that Turtle Trek thing made me queazy. While others like Spider-Man, Transformers, FJ, and Soarin give me little to no issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the issue with Forbidden Journey's blurry screens that riders are basically inches away from the projection? Because the ride uses moving domes, there isn't really enough room between the vehicle and screen.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the issue with Forbidden Journey's blurry screens that riders are basically inches away from the projection? Because the ride uses moving domes, there isn't really enough room between the vehicle and screen.

The projector is also very close to the screen, sitting above it and I think its projecting at an angle