The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 819 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was stuck in the last dome carousel. The people in my bench were freaking out. I kept telling them they would be fine and we would start moving soon. Sheesh....tourists.

I wish I would have counted. I started to, but around 130 or something, I gave up. The dementors kiss was out as well today. No fog screen or anything.

I was right behind you. Second to last dome carousel. I felt bad because I brought friends for their first ride ever. Lovely bit of time hanging around. At least we were almost perpindicular at the time.

I was right behind you. Second to last dome carousel. I felt bad because I brought friends for their first ride ever. Lovely bit of time hanging around. At least we were almost perpindicular at the time.

So disappointing when this happens! I mean, I'll take a ride breakdown any day, but please don't happen when I'm with friends for their first ride! We were perpendicular as well.

It would be interesting to breakdown right at the Whomping Willow scene.

From @InsidetheMagic:

To celebrate their 5 millionth Butterbeer sold, Universal Orlando gave out 1,000 free regular Butterbeers today in the Wizarding World.

Was anyone out at the parks today able to grab one of these?

Ughhh...of course the day I decide to leave Orlando, they start to give out free butterbeer.

That's an awesome gesture by Universal.

DC views of HE track

Do we know or suspect if they are going to extend the big green wall (hopefully something much better) along the side of DC facing the backstage area?

Just seems likean over-site if they do not do something since the train (track/tunnel/monorail something will be visible from DC) will extend beyond the IOA park boundary in a pretty big way visually, more so in my opinion than phase 1 by itself.

Do we know or suspect if they are going to extend the big green wall (hopefully something much better) along the side of DC facing the backstage area?

Just seems likean over-site if they do not do something since the train (track/tunnel/monorail something will be visible from DC) will extend beyond the IOA park boundary in a pretty big way visually, more so in my opinion than phase 1 by itself.

How about we tear down that ugly green wall and actually use thematic elements! :thumbs:

I am all for that as well, I know there was the wish list of enclosing DC in a mountain or something which I don't see as being possible. I threw out there the green wall since that is there but did not mean to imply (though re-reading I can see that I did) another green wall. I guess I would have better asked, is there going to be something to visually block the backstage area/track going to HPLondon from riders on DC whatever form that visual block may take?

It's not going to be an issue. :thumbs:

Thank you BriMan. I have been an AP since the previews for IOA (the park, not WWOHP) but living in Jacksonville I do not get down there as much as I like. You and the staff do a terrific job of keeping us all informed but also with enough teasing of information and reassurance when you can't provide details to ensure the enthusiasm for the projects stays high over the full construction cycle and beyond.

Tease? Us? Never :look:

Just curious, where in J-Ville. Used to live off of Touchton about a mile away from the St Johns Town Center. Went to UNF during my tenure in Duval. Before that I lived in Orange Park :thumbs:

Currently near Beauclerc (between Baymeadows and San Marco) near Bowles. I lived in both in OP (well just on the Duval side of the line) and Arlington when I was an eLearning developer for AOL when they were still on the northside and grew up in Middleburg with a few different spots between (my dad was in the Navy).

Currently near Beauclerc (between Baymeadows and San Marco) near Bowles. I lived in both in OP (well just on the Duval side of the line) and Arlington when I was an eLearning developer for AOL when they were still on the northside and grew up in Middleburg with a few different spots between (my dad was in the Navy).

Geez, you were all over too :lol: Just look at Middleburg now vs 15-20 years ago :stunned:

So it seems plausible that Ollivanders at Hogsmeade will definitely stay after some info I just got. Sounds very cool and will be the next "thing" people are waiting 3 hours in line to get upon opening. Very exciting stuff that's actually already well underway but you'll never notice.

So it seems plausible that Ollivanders at Hogsmeade will definitely stay after some info I just got. Sounds very cool and will be the next "thing" people are waiting 3 hours in line to get upon opening. Very exciting stuff that's actually already well underway but you'll never notice.

Magiquest has life again?