The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 853 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I recall hearing that they had real life versions of this in Dervish and Banges. I'm trying to recall any extra details about Quidditch from the books. But that would be a cool thing to implement again. I'm wondering what else they could use.

They have the Firebolt and both Nimbus models all "tied up" and flying back and forth above the sale's counter, but I want to see kids crowded around looking at the "newest and fastest broomstick to date" in the DA shop's display. Like I said, make the broom hover in the window. Show us dat magikz. The window effects are great in IoA, but come on, it's Diagon. I want to see some show stoppers

The original profiling concept had more intense rolls and was a violent mess. It was never implemented with the public. Us HPFJ fanboys call it concept profiling. Its a major regret. Just like cutting off the Dementor's hands..... and killing the strobes for the dementor waves.... Sad stuff.

You probably got the v1 programming before we got to the current programming.

Just to review:

Concept profiling: Never implemented, but resembles the video in the common room with a "violent" flying experience with side inversions.

v1: This was the profile that premiered to the general public and was the first one used. By far the roughest one we've seen. Classic times. Its missed. Can't remember the timeline of when it disappeared.

v2: The current profile. Rolling and combined axis motion were dampened and motion was lessened into an okay ride experience in an attempt to ease motion sickness.

v3: Tested for a few days in mid-late March. Another attempt to tone down the ride and make it more appealing for those with motion sickness and to cut down on adverse reactions (lol). Speed of the bench turns is dramatically reduced with very little combined motions or rolls. Benches did however "dive" lower in the carousel scenes. Dragon bit was awful and slow. Whomping Willow was closer to the bench, but with less rolling. Profile was removed after a few days of use because of serious glitches to the ride system and increased stops. Sources report that Creative is "in love" with this profile and will return later down the line.

I feel like they will never be successful in relieving or even reducing motion sickness on this particular ride by reprogramming movement of the benches. First of all, a lot of riders probably chug a butterbeer or two before riding, which will make them even more likely to barf. Then on FJ they have to watch the projected dome screens while the benches are moving sideways and out of synch with the screen video. For some people just sitting still while watching those videos is enough to make them sick. I say keep the programming as it is and never tone it down! Accept the fact that the ride will have to pause a lot to clean up after people. In fact, I like someone's suggestion that they make a more intense motion version that people can choose to implement on their particular benches :thumbs:

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of construction/the interior of FJ can help me out. Is there land/room to create a Great Hall dining experience that would be realistic? If not, the only thing that could make sense location wise would be allowing us to enter somewhere else in Hogsmeade through a tunnel that would lead into the kitchens below the great hall; some really cool effects with semi translucent ceiling showing the four tables above us and even some house elf aa's would make it awesome. That way it wouldnt be too out of place putting the restaurant away from Hogwarts.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of construction/the interior of FJ can help me out. Is there land/room to create a Great Hall dining experience that would be realistic? If not, the only thing that could make sense location wise would be allowing us to enter somewhere else in Hogsmeade through a tunnel that would lead into the kitchens below the great hall; some really cool effects with semi translucent ceiling showing the four tables above us and even some house elf aa's would make it awesome. That way it wouldnt be too out of place putting the restaurant away from Hogwarts.

I don't think it's even possible to add this into FJ. If they could, then allow me to "AWWWEEEEEE YEEEAUUHHHH." I still beleive that a Pahse 3 is little more than a pipe dream though.

108 (see below) is the largest space that appears unused but I have since learned that it is in fact used for storage of safety lifts for the FJ ride. 107 is probably the least used at this point but neither would be big enough for the great hall or the great hall kitchen. Snape's office or even the potions classroom off from the dungeon would be possible, but I see no motivation for Universal doing it at this point.

lwr-rdrw.png

I'm confused as to how the new train station will work with the current entrance and train that already exists?

I'm guessing they will move the entrance back, and then you can branch off to the right for the train, or continue straight on in to Hogsmeade? Really keen to see some new pictures from this side of it, not seen any for a while now.

I'm confused as to how the new train station will work with the current entrance and train that already exists?

This is a good question. It's been brushed over, but we really haven't dug too much into it. I can only assume that they would take out the model HE and replace it with either another locker house or maybe a new cart-style stall. Or the current arch that houses the HE could end up being an archway we pass through to get to Hogsmeade from the new station.

I wonder whether it will be based on the station in the early films or not. I'm sure the later films used a woodland setting for it and a revised station. The area leading up the new station seems huge from aerial photos, would be cool to have it set back in a forest setting.

trying to dig out a picture to put up for reference any got one?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah heres one, I thought maybe it will get moved to where the red line is. Who knows.

Untitled.jpg

I wonder whether it will be based on the station in the early films or not. I'm sure the later films used a woodland setting for it and a revised station. The area leading up the new station seems huge from aerial photos, would be cool to have it set back in a forest setting.

It will look very much like the one in Order of the Phoenix. I promise.

It will look very much like the one in Order of the Phoenix. I promise.

Here's a quote of a previous post I made on the subject......

Hogsmeade Station portrayed in Order of the Phoenix.......

Beginning of the movie:

i15TC41uRFuVH.jpg

End of the movie:

idz05TCw7FNEo.jpg

iFOjcV3ezXvnw.jpg

icaGnPuciTeHU.jpg

ib1bt6fPXhF43V.jpg

ihHJ7d0lYmzbf.jpg

ibit5KPNArdqqH.jpg

iggxIeasiTqul.jpg

OOTP movie concept art:

ib0NZlMbOhPlQp.png

ib1zkllUj7N2rP.png

OOTP movie set construction photos:

igKjodeCWKA76.jpg

ihYL6HQr8FW8E.jpg

I have no idea about this and I am not sure that anyone on this site knows (at this point).

Ah, just wondering.

And nice pics, BJ! Those contruction photos make me appreciate how accurate the building structure is in Hogsmeade.

Last edited:
idz05TCw7FNEo.jpg

I love the end of this movie... always makes me weepy.

Sad thing is, the approach may be very different from this scene. The only evergreen they can plant with those kinds of trunks would be the ugly pines of Florida... OR... Araucaria bidwillii (would be great!) which is native to Australia or New Zealand. There is still one in JP by the service gate that leads behind FJ. Not sure where they would get that many large ones... but it is Florida!

Last edited:
Wait a tick -- Wow. I have never noticed that the building used in the front of Hogsmeade is Hogsmeade station. I knew that, yeah, it was supposed to be the station next to the Express, but not that it was a set replica!

Personally I hope the new arch isnt where the redline is. One of my favorite moments in the park is the siteline from the current arch. It perfectly frames the town and hogwarts. I believe HTF said a while back that the new entrance will still be very grand.

Do you think they'll have to close off the ,Ian entrance to Hogsmede for a month or so before this is all said and done?

Do you think they'll have to close off the ,Ian entrance to Hogsmede for a month or so before this is all said and done?

Mother of god. I hope not. :stunned: Uncontrollable distaster is what would ensue. That area is flooded with crowdflow as it is. If they do that, I guarantee at least a dozen deaths. On the first day.