The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 852 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would think it is the gentle motion that is causing people to be sick. Do people get sick on Sum of all Thrills at Epcot? That seems to have more dramatic movements than FJ.

I would think it is the gentle motion that is causing people to be sick. Do people get sick on Sum of all Thrills at Epcot? That seems to have more dramatic movements than FJ.

The only time I feel queasy in Potter are during the screen portions, which is when the bench is barely moving.

I have a hard time seeing where toning down the movements of the live action scenes is going to help.

FJ is a pretty intense ride. Even though it's not the wildest thing, it's effects are still overwhelming at times. Makes me even more excited to think Gringotts is going to be a step up! :doggie:

v3: Tested for a few days in mid-late March. Another attempt to tone down the ride and make it more appealing for those with motion sickness and to cut down on adverse reactions (lol). Speed of the bench turns is dramatically reduced with very little combined motions or rolls. Benches did however "dive" lower in the carousel scenes. Dragon bit was awful and slow. Whomping Willow was closer to the bench, but with less rolling. Profile was removed after a few days of use because of serious glitches to the ride system and increased stops. Sources report that Creative is "in love" with this profile and will return later down the line.

They love it?
It was boring.
The only fun part was when you dive & see the dragon in your face lol

And plus back when it opened the motion wasn't the problem... its those screens lol :ack:

Based on those times we have officially decided to not go to a theme park on Saturday. I mean yes, we have express, but still those crowds are insane and it will make express lines pretty long too. Not to mention things like the playgrounds will just be mobbed with people and I was hoping to explore the JP kids area since I never have before.

Still going to MK on Monday, only because my friend is coming into town and I want to spend time with her. And she will benefit from me being there and my kids will kill me if I don't go somewhere. My daughter just keeps saying go mickey and doing the sign for go every night :)

Wild that Spider-Man has a longer queue time than FJ. That is refreshing to see.

You're not the only one. Let me go on a joyful rant here, if I may. When IoA first opened, they had a good package: Two (technically three) world class coasters, two large-scale water rides, the drop tower, the cool restaurants, theming, all good stuff. We had also seen stuff like it before. Enter: The Amazing Spider-Man, one of the most groundbreaking rides of it's time (and it still holds true.) FJ may have stepped up the game, but I love nothing more than to see the attraction that started it all, way over a decade ago, still receiving the love of crowds. :spidey:

You're not the only one. Let me go on a joyful rant here, if I may. When IoA first opened, they had a good package: Two (technically three) world class coasters, two large-scale water rides, the drop tower, the cool restaurants, theming, all good stuff. We had also seen stuff like it before. Enter: The Amazing Spider-Man, one of the most groundbreaking rides of it's time (and it still holds true.) FJ may have stepped up the game, but I love nothing more than to see the attraction that started it all, way over a decade ago, still receiving the love of crowds. :spidey:

There are some rides that just continue to thrive and bring in large crowds. Spider-Man is one of those attractions, and it's rare at Universal since they truly have no problem ripping anything down for the latest and greatest.

There are some rides that just continue to thrive and bring in large crowds. Spider-Man is one of those attractions, and it's rare at Universal since they truly have no problem ripping anything down for the latest and greatest.

If they ever tear down the Spider-Man, which I understand is actually possible now if Disney wants to play with "their" franchise, I will probably go into at least a six-month mourning period. :lol:

I believe that it is a true testament to the overall experience of Spider-Man that Universal is now, 14 years after opening that ride, adding another ride based on a hugely popular film franchise that utilizes essentially the exact same ride system. I can honestly say that I have difficulty choosing between Spider-Man and FJ regarding overall ride experience. They're both incredible in their own right.

It's really nice to hear about Spidey getting some love. That's arguably the attraction that finally turned me into a fan of the theme park world. I wanted to go on that from the day I got back from my first visit to Universal Studios, which was a huge family thing and only included a visit to the Studios. So I waited a few years and finally got to go with my aunt on a week-long excursion and I fell in love with the attraction. Still a lovely ride, can't wait to see the update.
Anyways, do we want to get :focus: ?
I still have yet to see this place in person. But I get goosebumps from every picture I see of it - utterly amazing the amount of detail that went into this thing.

Spiderman and FJ are still the best RIDES in both parks. Period. And if they end up getting rid of Spider-Man because of Disney I will hate Disney forever.

I'm pretty sure that its been all but confirmed that we don't have to worry about that. Universal's deal to use the Marvel characters predates Disney's purchase of Marvel, and I believe that Disney is actually restricted from creating Marvel attractions in the Florida parks. Granted, we also won't be seeing any new Marvel attractions at IOA, so I hope everyone REALLY likes what is currently there! :p

It's really nice to hear about Spidey getting some love. That's arguably the attraction that finally turned me into a fan of the theme park world. I wanted to go on that from the day I got back from my first visit to Universal Studios, which was a huge family thing and only included a visit to the Studios. So I waited a few years and finally got to go with my aunt on a week-long excursion and I fell in love with the attraction. Still a lovely ride, can't wait to see the update.
Anyways, do we want to get :focus: ?
I still have yet to see this place in person. But I get goosebumps from every picture I see of it - utterly amazing the amount of detail that went into this thing.

:iagree: Let's talk window displays? I mean, we have to be getting a cool broomstick display at Quality Quidditch Supplies. We got the Quidditch chest display with the rogue Snitch in Hogsmeade. Could we see a "floating" Firebolt in DA?

I'm pretty sure that its been all but confirmed that we don't have to worry about that. Universal's deal to use the Marvel characters predates Disney's purchase of Marvel, and I believe that Disney is actually restricted from creating Marvel attractions in the Florida parks. Granted, we also won't be seeing any new Marvel attractions at IOA, so I hope everyone REALLY likes what is currently there! :p

I mean when I think about Marvel Super Hero Island I get bummed a little. Mainly because they are not allowed to build any new attractions in the island because of Disney, but I would rather keep Spider-Man and The Hulk then get rid of them and build new or even more attractions in that area. Now as much as I love Spider-Man and Marvel if some way Universal could build a DC comics land I would think about it, because Superman and Batman are indeed my favorite superheroes but Marvel has more superheroes that I like.

:iagree: Let's talk window displays? I mean, we have to be getting a cool broomstick display at Quality Quidditch Supplies. We got the Quidditch chest display with the rogue Snitch in Hogsmeade. Could we see a "floating" Firebolt in DA?
I recall hearing that they had real life versions of this in Dervish and Banges. I'm trying to recall any extra details about Quidditch from the books. But that would be a cool thing to implement again. I'm wondering what else they could use.