The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 866 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know how important the facilites building between the back of FJ and DC is? I feel like there should be something back there, it would be nice if there was a loop around the backside of FotH as well.

^ I am not sure what you are saying. We know the FJ maintenance building is where they were assembled and tested and is where they continue to be maintained. Why do you feel there should be an attraction extended behind the scenes or "backstage"?

Yes that building, i know onstage has to end somewhere. With the talk of a great hall dining restaurant in Hollywood i feel like that would be a good area to put a restaurant. Also moving the lockers out of where they are and putting a restroom back there would be nice.

I think phase 3 should be Hogsmede and FJ updates. They should take out the current lockers and move them somewhere that it is easier to wait in line without waiting for a locker. Also, they should figure out a way to add more to the FJ queue like a Great Hall and everything else that is added to California. Finally, for Hogsmede to free up space from people waiting turn Olivanders into a regular wand shop where there isn't a show, but you actually buy your wands in Olivanders and not a darn post office.

Does anyone know how important the facilites building between the back of FJ and DC is? I feel like there should be something back there, it would be nice if there was a loop around the backside of FotH as well.

That building has some interesting new arrivals...

Hmmm... the building is the Kuka and ride base maintenance building... and you do use plural, so perhaps V. 2.0 of the ride vehicles has arrived? Otherwise, hmmm... would they be taking up space in that building to theme/assemble the gringott's ride vehicles or something as pedestrian as the silly new simpsons ride parts?

So its confirmed that there will be floor projections along the track.

Also, that there will be a part of the coaster track that drops down.

I'm I right?

Last edited:

It would make sense since it is the Kuka Maintenance facility that there would be similar action set pieces/character Kuka based effects going on for Gringotts in there to be worked on before Installation.

^ I am not sure what you are saying. We know the FJ maintenance building is where they were assembled and tested and is where they continue to be maintained. Why do you feel there should be an attraction extended behind the scenes or "backstage"?
Hmmm... the building is the Kuka and ride base maintenance building... and you do use plural, so perhaps V. 2.0 of the ride vehicles has arrived? Otherwise, hmmm... would they be taking up space in that building to theme/assemble the gringott's ride vehicles or something as pedestrian as the silly new simpsons ride parts?

That building was the FJ integration building (where they put together and stored the FJ ride vehicles until they were ready to go to the main building). It is now where they do the annual maintenance on the FJ ride vehicles as well as all of the coaster cars on property. Regular maintenance on the FJ RVs is done in the maintenance bay that is part of the main building.

I finally had a chance yesterday to ride FJ myself and can confirm after 2 rides that YES, ALL of the screen animation has been updated. The regular park goer might not even notice because of the subtlety of the changes. The animation changes have led to minor vehicle motion tweaks which eliminate the most dizzying and motion sickness inducing movements. Yesterday was the first time I was ever able to ride FJ start to finish without either having to close my eyes or becoming very dizzy. I think this is a great change because it's minor enough most won't even notice, but helpful enough that it should result in much less motion sickness.

Odd, I wonder what the overall changes have been. As long as FJ is still thrilling but can remove some of the motion sickness parts that'd be great.

Hey guys, newbie here. I have browsed many times, but decided to actually join in on the fun

I hope this is the right place to post this, I recently had my first visit to Universal/Islands for several days, and as an avid fan of the books and having grown up with the series; I have to say I was floored by what I saw at the WWoHP

For starters, it was/had been a tradition for myself and friends to go to WDW each year for a week or so, as we were all very enamored by the park(s), however in recent years I have felt less and less attached to the Disney parks in general, and really yearned for something with that extra 'umph' so to speak. I actually took a break from theme-parks in general the past two years, and decided to finally give Universal/Islands a go..and am I glad I did. I don't mean to ramble too much, but what I'm trying to say is that even while I ready and studied every nook and cranny of the WWoHP before having even gone to it, and more than spoiled the 'surprises', the parks themselves (WWoHP in particular) exceeded my expectations. I've read the series several times over, and love the films to bits; when the films and books ended I felt the sense of loss, and the thought of "What next?" often popped into my head, for what is a Potter to fan to do once the series wraps? I found my answer, in sunny Orlando. In short, I think it's a fantastic time to be a Universal fan, even a new one. My only complaint is, why did I wait so long to check the parks out..but I am more than happy to trade in my mouse ears, for a wand.

Reactions: ReelJustice
Hey guys, newbie here. I have browsed many times, but decided to actually join in on the fun

I hope this is the right place to post this, I recently had my first visit to Universal/Islands for several days, and as an avid fan of the books and having grown up with the series; I have to say I was floored by what I saw at the WWoHP

For starters, it was/had been a tradition for myself and friends to go to WDW each year for a week or so, as we were all very enamored by the park(s), however in recent years I have felt less and less attached to the Disney parks in general, and really yearned for something with that extra 'umph' so to speak. I actually took a break from theme-parks in general the past two years, and decided to finally give Universal/Islands a go..and am I glad I did. I don't mean to ramble too much, but what I'm trying to say is that even while I ready and studied every nook and cranny of the WWoHP before having even gone to it, and more than spoiled the 'surprises', the parks themselves (WWoHP in particular) exceeded my expectations. I've read the series several times over, and love the films to bits; when the films and books ended I felt the sense of loss, and the thought of "What next?" often popped into my head, for what is a Potter to fan to do once the series wraps? I found my answer, in sunny Orlando. In short, I think it's a fantastic time to be a Universal fan, even a new one. My only complaint is, why did I wait so long to check the parks out..but I am more than happy to trade in my mouse ears, for a wand.

First welcome and I'm very glad you enjoyed yourself at Universal Orlando. Second, Disney you reading this? One at a time you they will eventually leave you! Last of all there are SOOOOO many people just like you right now that are pretty much just discovering Universal outside the mousetrap. Most of them are being blown away and wondering why they haven't visited before. I've also dealt with many who very interested in the construction and saying we have to come back for that.

First welcome and I'm very glad you enjoyed yourself at Universal Orlando. Second, Disney you reading this? One at a time you they will eventually leave you! Last of all there are SOOOOO many people just like you right now that are pretty much just discovering Universal outside the mousetrap. Most of them are being blown away and wondering why they haven't visited before. I've also dealt with many who very interested in the construction and saying we have to come back for that.

I cant imagine how much fun I would have if I have visited Universal Orlando for the first time. Especially with how it is today with Potter/Transformers/Springfield.