The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 869 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This weekend I thought Id try and be a good member and take some pictures of the HE station from Dragon Challenge...boy are they strict about that stuff though! Halfway up the lifthill I discreetly (or so I thought) pulled my phone out so Id be able to get some shots, but the PA system came on and told me to put it away--by the time we got closer to the top, the ride came to a crawl as I squeezed my phone back into my pocket. There went my contribution :lol:

I dont know how you guys do it but you all must be ninjas to get those DC shots...makes them all the more impressive now!

LMAO! Hey man, thanks for at least trying! :lol:

If I had a billion dollars then I'll happily pay to see that happen. especially the ideas to the coaster going through caverns and stuff.

I know right?! I would really love to see a Harry Potter attraction similar to Everest but with more dark ride elements. Maybe a mine coaster going through The Forbidden Forest? That would be so badass.

Dark ride for the Chamber of Secrets car scene. Must have the Anglia land in the whomping willow. Throw in the spider scene for good measure. Sounds close to FJ minus the car. Ha!

Just a FYI!

There are a few issues that have risen within the halls of Hogwarts as the routine evening maintenance of Universals prize Forbidden Journey attraction has finally caught up with it. Seems just within the past 72 hours there has been two 4+ hour down times due to track switch failures. Nothing serious mind you but it does cause a full blown EVAC which at the FJ takes forever. So it seems with Potter 2 preparing for lift off in less than a year management is quite nervous of where this is headed. Some members of management have voiced a need for the FJ to go down for a full blown refurb before all hell breaks loose next Summer while other members of management are seeking other avenues of getting the refurb done. Which could include taking the FJ offline right at close and have a delayed opening the next day much like ops did with the Hulk during its paint job. This also means they will reevaluate the offerings of on site hotel access and what attractions are offered. Time will tell but one thing is for certain, time is running out...

It's honestly a miracle it's done so well for so long, IMO. Do it and everyone a favor and put it under the knife. Get everything nice and shiny for the guests coming from the brand new train.

I know any refurbishment would likely focus on just keeping the enormously complex ride system running smoothly, but it'd certainly nice if we got some show enhancements, too - it sounds like this sucker's gonna pale in comparison to Gringotts.

I know any refurbishment would likely focus on just keeping the enormously complex ride system running smoothly, but it'd certainly nice if we got some show enhancements, too - it sounds like this sucker's gonna pale in comparison to Gringotts.

The term 4K is being thrown around...

I will say that the dome screens (whether they were brighter or upgraded projectors) looked fantastic...much less blurry than last time as far as I remember

The term 4K is being thrown around...

That's great news... but I'd also like to see the dragon restored to its original intended motion, the introduction of articulated spiders, the fixing of the Whomping Willow scene closer to the original version pre-cuts, and just for kicks some adjustments to the now underwhelming Chamber of Secrets sequence...