The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 964 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am going to universal on the 24, anyone know at what time the projection show for hogwarts is and what time I should get there to get a good spot. More importantly what is a good spot in that area.?

I am going to universal on the 24, anyone know at what time the projection show for hogwarts is and what time I should get there to get a good spot. More importantly what is a good spot in that area.?
It starts at dusk and occurs every 20 minutes. The best spot I've found is in the courtyard in front of the small stage, but almost every spot is good. Getting there early won't really help you. The crowds seem to be turning over after every show.

Reactions: LJGonz
How are they letting people know about the show? Do they have little pamphlets they hand out or is there a sign at the gate... for guests that might not have a clue about it?
Pretty much all of the marketing for the Christmas stuff, inside the park and out, is advertising it.

How are they letting people know about the show? Do they have little pamphlets they hand out or is there a sign at the gate... for guests that might not have a clue about it?
It's all over the park TVs as well as the guide maps...There is a big LED screen at the Hollywood Bowl stage that has a loop of all the events...

Universal recently posted May 2018 hours. Like during most of April & March, IOA is open until 9:00 PM or 10:00 PM most nights. My bet is the regular Harry Potter night time show will be debuting in the near future sometime after the holidays. I would think they might lengthen it by a minute or two from the summer show at Hollywood since the only negatives from guests was that it was a wee bit short, thus the longer holiday night show.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Anyone been to recent showings of the Holiday night time FJ projection show? How have the crowds been?
Was there Saturday night. Not that bad. They are limiting entry to the LC side and if you miss the start of the show/it is full they hold you in hogsmeade, clear people fro the show and fill you in. So we waited about 15 mins but that was because we got to hogsmeade halfway though the show before and they are every 20 min i believe. They have the ground taped to separate walking lanes and standing area for the show.

They have the crowd control pretty well figured out at this point with basically a one way flow from the LC side into JP at the end of each show with the next group waiting in Hogsmeade. It wasn't nearly as crazy as I feared it would be.

They have the crowd control pretty well figured out at this point with basically a one way flow from the LC side into JP at the end of each show with the next group waiting in Hogsmeade. It wasn't nearly as crazy as I feared it would be.
So they load from Jurassic for the next show but the next group is in Hogsmeade? Jurassic over the bridge or when it first opened?

So they load from Jurassic for the next show but the next group is in Hogsmeade? Jurassic over the bridge or when it first opened?

Just went for the first time tonight. Pleasantly surprised by crowd control. Liked the show a lot. But more interested to see where they take this in the future.

I entered from LC. A show was just ending, so had to queue up for a few minutes. But like it was mentioned above they have about 75% taped off for show loading, and then a lane for through traffic. They held us around Olivanders/pumpkin juice cart area while the show was on. Then let the other show leave. Once things clear, next group is allowed through. I was near the front, so was able to get near the front by FJ entrance and lean against the rocks. Then after the show, they have a dedicated exit on the JP bridge.

To throw this out, with the recent announcement of updates coming for USJ, and with the Forbidden Forest project for 2019 taking into place, how feasible could it be for Universal to take the Orlando attraction down for a period of time to add Christie 4K Projectors and to turn on the Dementor's?

To throw this out, with the recent announcement of updates coming for USJ, and with the Forbidden Forest project for 2019 taking into place, how feasible could it be for Universal to take the Orlando attraction down for a period of time to add Christie 4K Projectors and to turn on the Dementor's?
It's crazy how awful the projection looks, and how inconsistent the domes are from scene to scene...Something certainly needs to be done

Universal recently posted May 2018 hours. Like during most of April & March, IOA is open until 9:00 PM or 10:00 PM most nights. My bet is the regular Harry Potter night time show will be debuting in the near future sometime after the holidays. I would think they might lengthen it by a minute or two from the summer show at Hollywood since the only negatives from guests was that it was a wee bit short, thus the longer holiday night show.

Also, I feel more fireworks would do a lot of justice to it. Maybe even keep them at the end but have them be a little bigger.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Also, I feel more fireworks would do a lot of justice to it. Maybe even keep them at the end but have them be a little bigger.
The problem is, this is the maximum amount of Fireworks they can reasonably reload quickly between each show. If there were more fireworks, there would be less shows and crowd control would be an even bigger issue.