The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 963 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure what this means if accurate, But, I was checking park hours for Spring 2018 for my next vacation. IOA, which almost always closes earlier than the Studios park and is rarely open after dark during non peak times, is open until 9:00 PM & 10:00 PM during most evenings in late April, which is well after spring break vacations and the early Easter this year. May hours are not yet posted. Past years those closing times were usually 6 & 7 PM...My guess. The Potter FJ Projection show (non Christmas Holiday show) will start running evenings during March or April.

What time does the Christmas Projection show on Hogwarts start? I've been looking all over for it but can't find it, i'm assuming there will be multiple shows like The Tree of Life awakenings?

What time does the Christmas Projection show on Hogwarts start? I've been looking all over for it but can't find it, i'm assuming there will be multiple shows like The Tree of Life awakenings?

If it's anything like Hollywood's Nighttime Lights, they'll try and squeeze at least 4-5 shows a night. Maybe less if there actually is pyro. My best guess would be sometime between 7 and 8pm for the first show of each night.

Reactions: ET_The_Alien
There’s a media event at the end of next to reveal all the details. I expect times and other news about it then.

Is Hogsmeade lighting up at night yet? Not the castle show, but the decor in general.

Installing it is sorta step 1. Running power is step 2. But once it has power it should turn on with any nighttime lighting.
I don't know about Hogsmeade, but looks to me like they're still adding decor to Diagon this week. I think they're still on step 1.

I don't know about Hogsmeade, but looks to me like they're still adding decor to Diagon this week. I think they're still on step 1.

It was fun at the end of the season to find wreaths, garlands, and even whole trees that never got plugged in.

More fun to find the ones wired into odd power systems - like the wreaths in AK’s Africa wired into the fans on the shop doors so they only turn on when the doors open.

Reactions: Alicia
Media previews are tonight for the nighttime show! Expect to be blown away, Orlando. Was spying on testing of the show in Hollywood with some binoculars from my roof and it looks legit! :dance:

Reactions: Coasted
Looks similar to Tower of Terror.

Sorry I was wrong. I was only going by the picture above. Now that I've seen the video I can see its way different and way better.

Last edited:
Looks similar to Tower of Terror.

Well, that’s a gross over simplification.

It uses the physical features of Hogwarts to dress the building - not pretend it’s a flat surface to project on. The images are thematically appropriate to the building and the ride it houses as well as the area it is located within.

This show works on Hogwarts because it was made for Hogwarts. The Tower nonsense could be projected onto a blank wall for the same effect.

Reactions: Mad Dog and WAJAS
Well, that’s a gross over simplification.

It uses the physical features of Hogwarts to dress the building - not pretend it’s a flat surface to project on. The images are thematically appropriate to the building and the ride it houses as well as the area it is located within.

This show works on Hogwarts because it was made for Hogwarts. The Tower nonsense could be projected onto a blank wall for the same effect.

You are right. I went back and edited my post after watching the video on the other thread.