The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 962 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They did a lot of slip tests on the flooring for the dark arts classroom. I am not sure that the streets of Hogsmeade meet such requirements for snow.

Dark Arts snow is legit soap. The rest of the room outside of the queue is like walking on a greased slip-n-slide. The bodies in the queue and foot traffic make it walkwable - but the rest of the room rarely gets foot traffic, despite being an evacuation route.

The outdoor snow used for events isn’t the same and could legit be ice/water based. That’s what Celebration uses for their outdoor stuff.

Dark Arts snow is legit soap. The rest of the room outside of the queue is like walking on a greased slip-n-slide. The bodies in the queue and foot traffic make it walkwable - but the rest of the room rarely gets foot traffic, despite being an evacuation route.

The outdoor snow used for events isn’t the same and could legit be ice/water based. That’s what Celebration uses for their outdoor stuff.
Really? I thought it was all soap...This is very cool if true

Reactions: universal_fanatic
It does, but instead of buildings it’s the wall that separated Dragon Challenge from the rest of the area.

It’s where we all hope they add more shops and such.

Reactions: Joel
Hey, the second picture here. Orlando doesn’t have such a side street does it? I love the look and layered feel of it.

It does, but instead of buildings it’s the wall that separated Dragon Challenge from the rest of the area.

It’s where we all hope they add more shops and such.

that's what I thought, I was going to say we have half of it....

Edit...the whole street just one side is like that, the other is a wall for DD/DC

Unless I'm mistaken, it's definitely a soap mixture that Celebration uses similar to most theme parks and theatre productions. If you look at videos of it snowing at Celebration you can see the machines. There are legit snow machines that use water but they require large fans or compressed air guns as well as a low temperature in the air to create the snow.

Reactions: Skold
Unless I'm mistaken, it's definitely a soap mixture that Celebration uses similar to most theme parks and theatre productions. If you look at videos of it snowing at Celebration you can see the machines. There are legit snow machines that use water but they require large fans or compressed air guns as well as a low temperature in the air to create the snow.

It's all snoap*, with different ratios of soap and water based on surface type.

* Urban Dictionary: Snoap

Love the decorations but the garlands lining the roofs should've had some white "snow" sprinkled in. The green against the snow on the roofs is a strong contrast and it doesn't make sense thematically. I noticed they added white feathers to the garlands on the owlerly, which was creative.

Reactions: universal_fanatic