The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I should be asleep. I may be boarding obsessed here... I love theme parks. (Universal is my all time favourite, which is why we go every year). I absolutely LOVE the Harry Potter novels. So the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is like a dream come true. Scratch that it IS a dream come true. I keep trying to imagine every aspect of the park because I know I am going to be overwhelmed when I get there.

Well atleast we know how the domes will work during the Quidditch portion...

5. The projection domes will rotate synchronized with your vehicle placing you directly in the sweet spot of each dome in the middle of Quidditch. The projectors are similar to the ones used for Simpsons but are the next generation.

ScottInNY, can you ask your "insider" about the Chamber of Secrets being included in the FJ. Don’t straight up ask him the question directly, just hint something like; "Will we go for a trip to the bathrooms and beyond below???" or "Will we get the get to explore the plumbing of Hogwarts and get 'face-to-face' with Hogwarts' Architects’ tongue???".

The first question means: “Will we visit Moaning Myrtles’ Bathroom to descend down to the Chamber of Secrets”. Then the second question means: “Will we explore the plumbing pipes to the statue of the Architect of Hogwarts, and see the Basilisk” (which comes out of the statues mouth like a tongue).

See, not one mention of the Chamber of Secrets or the Basilisk, but super easy to solve. They wouldn’t get in trouble for saying “Yep” or “Sure” to a question that isn’t a direct question…

I have a great idea! How about from now on if anyone has info, JUST POST IT!!!!!
all this teasing and riddle crap and hinting is beyond ridiculous. Seriously. Who has time to spend hours each night wading through ten pages of junk to get the info that could have been put into one post and let the discussion follow?*

Anyone remember in Goblet of Fire when Harry is in the Gryffindor common room after the dragon challenge, and he hoists the golden egg up to a cheering crowd and asks "who wants me to open it?"..... Uh, the already cheering crowd, idiot. It was obnoxious of him to get them to 'beg him' to open the egg, and it's equally obnoxious tp say you found something out and then make people wait and drag the info out over bunches of cryptic and vague posts. I know everyone wants to be the center of attention but it's getting old. And boring. Really boring.*

While Im being unpleasant I'll also go ahead and say that any source that requires the level if ego stroking and ass kissing I've seen here lately, isn't a source worth having. Your sources are magical and wonderful. We get it. I'm sure they do too.*

Sheesh guys! *129 pages in less than two weeks?! There is nowhere near that much info on this thread. I dont think the last one moved this fast and we had photo updates every few days!

Let's be practical here. This is a thread for news and info not stupid riddle games. *

Last edited:

Who posted this? I'm not sure if this is true or not. Did it come from SAS?

When I was researching my leads, I tried asking direct questions and as you can imagine, I got only a few answered and only the "safe" ones. Remember there are NDAs surround this project.

Before I came to understand that there will be multiple sequences with the domes, I too thought it was just the Quidditch match. I never got a "straight" answer and perhaps I will soon, but what I took away from the "puzzle" was that the domes didn't carry just the Quidditch match, perhaps not the match at all. Not sure. Hopefully, I can get some clarity regarding this soon.

lol, i saw your post before you edited it... i'm going to take an Advil

(referring to SL_ZERO)

--- Update ---

Who posted this? I'm not sure if this is true or not. Did it come from SAS?

Heck no, I would never quote him XD

'tis from an insider who's info has come true so far and only posted four times. He then deleted all of his posts a few days later, basically making it obvious that he wanted to keep his job. The day he deleted his post was also his last activity here at OU, so he must have :bolt:

Also, did you get my PM?

Last edited:
I REALLY don't want to be a kill joy, here, but didn't we already know about the dome screens? Really not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I just read ten pages of stuff and it seems that we already knew a lot of it. Not necessarily specific details like the screen goo, but the fact that there were confirmed multiple scenes in the ride and that they were probably going to be projected onto the dome screens that we saw in the building (which also looked to be capable of moving with the action). Right?

ScottInNY, can you ask your "insider" about the Chamber of Secrets being included in the FJ. Don’t straight up ask him the question directly, just hint something like; "Will we go for a trip to the bathrooms and beyond below???" or "Will we get the get to explore the plumbing of Hogwarts and get 'face-to-face' with Hogwarts' Architects’ tongue???".

The first question means: “Will we visit Moaning Myrtles’ Bathroom to descend down to the Chamber of Secrets”. Then the second question means: “Will we explore the plumbing pipes to the statue of the Architect of Hogwarts, and see the Basilisk” (which comes out of the statues mouth like a tongue).

See, not one mention of the Chamber of Secrets or the Basilisk, but super easy to solve. They wouldn’t get in trouble for saying “Yep” or “Sure” to a question that isn’t a direct question…

Descendo... Your passion for this issue is admirable. When I write that Universal is listening, so is my source. I have already asked and not just your concerns, but many people from here's questions. Truth be told, this person doesn't even need me to ask. S/he is gently leading me to your answers, within reason on what they can and cannot offer. This person is extremely kind and is enjoying all of us immensely.

It truly is crunch time for the creative team and they're tired. They're also excited - and maybe a little nervous - because they are about to share their "baby" with us.

Be patient and you'll have your answers...

The question of whether or not the Chamber of Secrets is a part of The Forbidden Journey was asked and answered with a plea of the fifth. Personally, I think that means there might be a chance, but I don't know in what capacity.

Remember, this is a lot of fun, but in a few weeks we'll know so much more. This is only to keep this community alive and fun and active and discussing cool things.

Yeah, carousels of dome screens make the most sense. I do believe there may be a combination of screen effects, including some stationary screens, but I would bet on probably a few sets of carousels. It's very immersive, each vehicle can have it's own "show" for an extended length of time - probably up to a minute - as it travels around the carousel. Since a lot of the speed is simulated for projected imagery, the vehicle itself only has to move like a motion simulator to create the effect of great speed. This allows for very extended sequences of action, which are nearly impossible to execute on 4 passenger vehicles unless you have individual screens. Spider-Man gets away with not using carousel type screens for the "final drop finale" because the vehicles have a higher capacity, and therefore they can afford to have the vehicle in the "drop room" for a slightly longer period of time.

With FJ, the vehicle capacity is so low that you can't stall the entire line of vehicles for 30 seconds while you pause in a video room like that. In order for FJ to have anything resembling a decent capacity per hour, you need to try and crank out the vehicles once every 10 seconds. In other words, you can't linger in one "scene" for more than 7 or 8 seconds before you slow down the entire chain, thereby reducing capacity. This is why carousel dome screens are a fantastic way to bring extended length scenes (30+ seconds) into an attraction that you still want to be a classic style dark ride with actual animatronics and set pieces. You might only spend five to seven seconds in view of each major set piece (Aragog or the Willow, for example). If there were no carousel screens, spending just 7 seconds on each set piece would either make the ride over REALLY quickly, or you'd end up needed about 20 set pieces just to create a 3 minute ride. With the carousel screens, let's say each video sequence lasts 30 seconds, and there's three sets of carousel screens. That right there is over a minute and a half of ride time that's very difficult to come up with any other way when the vehicles have that low of a capacity. That's the brilliance of the carousel - as long as one screen+vehicle is passing a given fixed point on the track every 7 or 8 seconds (even 10 seconds), the ride capacity isn't diminished, yet the video sequence can last quite a while. If you assume there are 8 screens per carousel, and you're in front of the screen for 3/4ths of a full rotation of that circle, and you assume the dispatch rate of the vehicles is every 8 seconds, then the math works like this: 8 screens x 8 seconds each x 3/4 = 48 seconds. That means realistically that the video sequence at a carousel dome screen could last upwards of 40 seconds while still maintaining that 8 second dispatch rate at the loading station.

So basically, the carousel dome screens will allow your ride experience to last a lot longer, while the actual sets and animatronics give you that added realism. It's basically the best of both worlds - you get maybe a five minute ride experience that couples the speed, thrills, and action of a simulator ride with the reality of actual sets and set pieces. Horizons, for those who remember it, had basically this system for the "choose your own finale" part of the ride

And just some more speculation while I'm at it: If they do indeed use flu powder to transition between scenes, that would make sense because you need some way to mask that transfer from actual set pieces to projection. As you approach the carousel screen, the screen can't be projecting the next scene yet, or you'll see it as you approach the screen. They might be some fog or mist on which they can project some lasers or some lighting that will give you the flu effect before the screen begins projecting the next video sequence.

Last edited:
lol, i saw your post before you edited it... i'm going to take an Advil

(referring to SL_ZERO)

--- Update ---

Heck no, I would never quote him XD

'tis from an insider who's info has come true so far and only posted four times. He then deleted all of his posts a few days later, basically making it obvious that he wanted to keep his job. The day he deleted his post was also his last activity here at OU, so he must have :bolt:

Also, did you get my PM?

I did and thank you. I was thinking how I was going to make the image available. I wanted to ask your advice.

I REALLY don't want to be a kill joy, here, but didn't we already know about the dome screens? Really not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I just read ten pages of stuff and it seems that we already knew a lot of it. Not necessarily specific details like the screen goo, but the fact that there were confirmed multiple scenes in the ride and that they were probably going to be projected onto the dome screens that we saw in the building (which also looked to be capable of moving with the action). Right?
Yeah, that was valuable time that could have been spent talking about cell phones. ;)

No, you're right - I think most of this has been speculated for ages... it's just that we've been discussing the technical aspects of how that would work. At least it's relevant to WWoHP, because until it actually opens (or soft opens) there's not a whole lot else we can talk about, since everything else has been talked to death.

I have a great idea! How about from now on if anyone has info, JUST POST IT!!!!!
all this teasing and riddle crap and hinting is beyond ridiculous. Seriously. Who has time to spend hours each night wading through ten pages of junk to get the info that could have been put into one post and let the discussion follow?*

Anyone remember in Goblet of Fire when Harry is in the Gryffindor common room after the dragon challenge, and he hoists the golden egg up to a cheering crowd and asks "who wants me to open it?"..... Uh, the already cheering crowd, idiot. It was obnoxious of him to get them to 'beg him' to open the egg, and it's equally obnoxious tp say you found something out and then make people wait and drag the info out over bunches of cryptic and vague posts. I know everyone wants to be the center of attention but it's getting old. And boring. Really boring.*

While Im being unpleasant I'll also go ahead and say that any source that requires the level if ego stroking and ass kissing I've seen here lately, isn't a source worth having. Your sources are magical and wonderful. We get it. I'm sure they do too.*

Sheesh guys! *129 pages in less than two weeks?! There is nowhere near that much info on this thread. I dont think the last one moved this fast and we had photo updates every few days!

Let's be practical here. This is a thread for news and info not stupid riddle games. *

I confess that being in the position of having "information" here is fun. And, is stroking my ego. I like this forum and enjoying reading and posting.

I confess that being in the position of having "information" here is fun. And, is stroking my ego. I like this forum and enjoying reading and posting.
I know what that feels like. I have ridiculously lengthy sets of blueprints (hundreds of pages that detail everything from steel work to ride elements to cast member bathrooms) for a certain major theme park land and e-ticket attraction that's currently under construction, and I'm not allowed to say a whole lot. Very frustrating, and you don't want to sound like a jerk when you correct someone's incorrect speculation. You want to clarify misconceptions, but you don't want to get someone fired!

Reactions: theropod
I did and thank you. I was thinking how I was going to make the image available. I wanted to ask your advice.

No problem... If by available you mean posting it here publicly then I think this should be ok...

(Some or most of you may own this item and/or have walked by it before, yet I guide those who haven't to this lovely store)

If someone were to be looking for a certain item, they would find it in the first aisle. You would shop here. And don't forget to feed Fang before you go shopping. =D

Last edited:
Before I came to understand that there will be multiple sequences with the domes, I too thought it was just the Quidditch match. I never got a "straight" answer and perhaps I will soon, but what I took away from the "puzzle" was that the domes didn't carry just the Quidditch match, perhaps not the match at all. Not sure. Hopefully, I can get some clarity regarding this soon.

The scenes that will require projections will be those that must utilize the actors from the films. Obviously that includes the Quidditch match that we will most likely visit first as determined by the trio of young magical heroes. During the match we will be immersed in a first person flying experience with the actors moving around and in front of us. This will be the first instance that the projection domes are necessary.

Of course, something goes wrong (as always does) and we are set on out Forbidden Journey where we encounter AA creature prop effects that do not require the likenesses of the actors.

Once we escape our perils, I'm sure we will then be reunited with the Quidditch match (screen actors and domes) and probably somehow affect the game giving Gryffindor a victory to celebrate and more reason to buy team apparel once we exit the ride.

This very basic plotline follows the standard "ride with a storyline" format, and also supports Disneyhead's post about utilizing 2 carousels of dome screens separated by scenes of AA.

That does not mean there won't be any other projection elements of actors placed in a scene, For instance, we may see that clip of Hagrid with the chains within the ride, but he could be at a static location, although the Quidditch matches may be the only situation where the actors fly with and around our bench.

Last edited:

In case you did not know, Scott took our preferences into consideration and asked for a vote. Only two people voted for straightforward facts, so he went with the riddle. I know you are, like most of us, anxious for information but the fact of the matter is that we've all waited years for this and I fail to comprehend how a few days more will be such a tremendous burden. Riddles are not a "waste of time," nor are they obnoxious. As Teebin stated, they allow us to think more deeply into aspects of the ride in detailed ways as well as bring forth new thoughts, ideas, and information. Not to mention it gets all members involved, not just a few people graciously allowing us information and the rest monotonously replying.

As for these "ego-stroking," allegations, members like Scott and Teebin are valued and looked up to because they are avid and informational members of this thread. They are consistently churning out new ideas, thoughts, information, questions. Would it not be for them, we'd be like every other forum out there, still wallowing in probably false speculation. I've never seen anybody "ass-kissing," on here, because we know little about such members beyond what they present to us in this thread. We don't compliment their hair, their clothes, or any superficial aspect of them whatsoever. If we compliment or rep or present them in a flattering light, it is with good reason and should not warrant a rant such as yours. As I said, they've provided us a new outlook and are allowing this thread to move forward. And, yes, we've gone through 129 pages in a couple of weeks. That is a testament to the amount of passion we have for this project, not to any of the accusations you have presented.

I do not wish to spark another argument, but this was something I simply needed to say.

As for the domes, they were hinted at months ago by someone claiming to be involved in the project, but we did not know the scale on which they would be used. I think they'll be yet another contribution to the already high technological caliber of this ride in its field. I hope they're thoroughly reliable, though, because a defective dome would ruin the entire experience.

Hi, I am sorry to bother who is reading this. Over the last four or so days, this forum has kinda been acting up for me. Every so often when I try to post it says the "Token has expired" or something along those lines. Also, it sticks to certain pages for ages, every time I refresh a page it goes back to the same post. Then, a while later (especially on the WWoHP thread) it has boosted 5-10 pages ahead depending on the news... It just means a lot of refreshing and lots of lost posts but I thought someone might know how to fix it, Thankyou!

Agreed 100x over. ScottInNY is making this thread unreadable, and has so far told us nothing. I'm glad somebody said something.