The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm right there with you. This thread should be placed in a hall of fame. :D

And I'm pretty sure that's legit as Wednesday. If not late April, which I think might be unlikely...

I confess that being in the position of having "information" here is fun. And, is stroking my ego. I like this forum and enjoying reading and posting.

Scott, you crack me up, but it sure is amazing to see what a team of people all across the world can come up with considering some hints and facts! You all should get yourselves into the theme park business to start DESIGNING and IMPLIMENTING this stuff!

Haha, I'm already in the process of doing just that, soyouthinkyouknow! xP
As well as other members; TheDecemberists, for example.

And I agree, you're pretty awesome, Scott. ;]

Well, the next thing we can talk about is what will replace JN if it closes! But seriously, i've followed this thread very closely and the same with the HRRR thread. Everyone here is amazing and has contributed so much to this topic (Disneyhead and Brian for the ariels, Teebin for his riddles) to name a few. Thank you everyone and let the magic be at work!

I read that but I was very hesitant because I thought it may be spoilish and I'm trying to keep away from that stuff. Please tell me the dragon to the WW isn't the actual ride transition...please tell me that was a random configuring of yours Teebin lol.

This forum has destroyed my productivity... but shame on me. So, I created a graphic to show how things might transition.... scale is reasonably good. Hope that it helps some of you to envision what is to come. Flow here is from left to right or counterclockwise. It is just a piggyback of what Disneyhead and others have posted. I am just anal. I hope some find it helpful.

projection.png

Click image to see larger if you have a hi-res display.

Thats how I envisioned that too Teebin, sweet picture. I'm not sure if we'll do the carousel every transition though, as I believe we've heard there will only be 2 of these on the ride. My guess is one for the Quidditch match and maybe one somewhere in the middle of the ride for a big transition like you've shown here.

Oh, and hi everyone! Been following this thread for about a month now and have finally decided to come out of hiding :)

Thanks Teebin, like the flow through the transitions, you guys have done all the hard work, just reading this thread has screwed up my work...

Can anyone tell me if Universal have renovated the bridge from Jurassic Park to The Wizarding World to look more Scottish? What about the Dragon Challenge one? Have they changed the loading station of Flight of the Hippogriff to look more "Lesson-in-a-classroom-like"?

Ugh... I took a field trip to a waste water treatment plant today for my environmental science lab. It's smelled AWFUL... as if someone literally leaned over and farted in my face for 3 hours straight. I'm taking a LONG shower and going to bed, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM anything new we've learned today on here. kthnxbye

Some things that have come to my attention...

Is this just a random dragon? Or a Hungarian Horntail?
If the horntail... is this movie concept art that we have seen before? Or could this be FJ and/or DC concept art?
Hope someone can limit the possibilities... 'twould be cool if it has something to do with FJ (although we already know that a dragon will be in it and 'twill most likely be a horntail)

dragonartwork-1.jpg

Don't know if anyone mentioned the egg that will make an appearance somewhere in DC.

goldeneggprop-1.jpg

Additionally, I noticed the Extendable Ears in the Ellen vid. I don't recall someone mentioning these and I personally haven't seen a picture of them yet.

extendableears.jpg

Can anyone tell me if Universal have renovated the bridge from Jurassic Park to The Wizarding World to look more Scottish? What about the Dragon Challenge one? Have they changed the loading station of Flight of the Hippogriff to look more "Lesson-in-a-classroom-like"?

We haven't talked about Flight of the Hippogriff at all on here...I know Hagrid's Hut is part of the queue and the pumpkin patch. I imagine load is an extension of his "yard"

They are wrong! Universal is very concerned about this issue and wants to do everything in their power to accommodate everyone. My source says, it won't be ready on opening, but as I type this, they are working on a "big boy" seat. Larger people will be able to ride! By Christmas.

I hope you are correct, but I hope they have one seat on each bench, and not just one "big boy bench" that you have to wait to get on.

Kitfisto92, that picture of the Hungarian Horntail is a screenshot of the Fly-through Map I am pretty sure because of the paper colour of it.

Word that I have is that if the ride detects more than 350 per seat... then even if you fit.. you will not ride. The ride itself is kind of a sorting hat it would seem. It has something to do with with the torque of the Kuka on this particular 4-seater. Wierd that size does not matter, but weight does. But that is only what I have heard... it could be a wild rumor.

That makes perfect sense, like manta has the loose object detection (i know its not exactly the same but a good comparison).

This would be needed more on the kuka as its only supported by the arm itself where-as on coasters they are on the track, All coasters will have this but a notable one is hulk as it calculates the power required for launch using the weight of the car.