The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Refering to the whole grad bash thing,
the rumor going around my school today was that the seniors are getting a free ticket to go back when it does open.
One of the trip coordinators was meeting with all the seniors today but,
you know high schoolers and their rumors...
XD

crazyidea I would give it a bit more than two weeks ;-)

As far as the # it seemed VERY low to me the word capacity is not from me this is the reason as to why for the private event inside WWoHP can only sell up to that many tickets. I know its a different situation but why would they have to cut it so low if the whole area was open to them? Yes yes I know it theory that's just their limit Universal set but can you blame me from wanting to get the attention off member bashing so call me crazy

so I think 10-15K capacity numbers is nothing short of a logistics nightmare.

And that was my point... at some time it may be just that.

Yes yes I know it theory that's just their limit Universal set but can you blame me from wanting to get the attention off member bashing so call me crazy

Very good reason to make a post. Keep us on our toes and subject.

Riddle: Crape Myrtle the bush/tree flowering plant here in the south. Also called the lilac of the north. Anyone know anything about it?

Yes I would say it will be snowing at least every half hr. but who's know I could be wrong

Teebin What is a plant? oh wait you gave us that much I'll Google it in a sec. & what can I say just trying to put out the fire. I mean really if I tweeted it was open for soft right now I can bet at least 5 people would prob. run right over there without even thinking. (BTW I would never do this)

i know but didn't Teebin say that there like budget cuts ??

Scroll back to post 3431... one page back. I never said such a thing and that post will answer it for you.

Please everyone... stop reading my posts like "text messages" here. They are well thought out posts that are hyper accurate in what I meant to say. They are not missives.

Last edited:
i know but didn't Teebin say that there like budget cuts ??

As universal have made hints towards snow id say it likely and universal can remove anything they want that we dont know about as it will have no effect on us but something like snow which we are expecting i doubt will be cut

Do you think it would be good to do a WWOHP in Dubi ??? Instead at a larger scale !! Just a question. =) ;D

wait !!!!!!, i take it back, its wayyy to hot ..... lol sorry

I am very curious about the size of the shops, particularly Olivanders. They seem rather small and I'm wondering what Universal is thinking regarding crowd control. I know that we've read that during peak times there may be queues to enter the shops, but...

Any ideas?

Olivanders is an experience for one person when the wand chooses it's owner. Not to say more than one person can't fit in there, I'm just making a general statement of the purpose of Olivanders. The shops are small when you're thinking of theme park shopping, but they'll be perfect when you're looking to feel like you're actually in Hogsmede :)

I don't think (and really hope) that Universal cancels their proposed Dubai project. The Dubai boom is starting to fade away, and until the theme parks there decide that they're doing well, Universal should stay away from Dubai. I think what they decide to make in Orlando should stay here. Hollywood, Singapore, and Japan all need newer ideas. I'm not trying to be 'stingy' for Florida, but it would really take away from the little appeal that Universal has here compared to Disney and Universal Hollywood.

Regarding soft openings, the section is set to be clearly open June 18th (obviously), but the section, as told by guest services, is to be open with limitations starting AT THE LATEST May 28th.

Did any of you know that Nassal (creator of much of the Wizarding World) opened an office in Dubai a few years back? That office has since gone the way of the dodo. Dubai is 100 times Epcot's future world. And what was the oldest and dustiest parts of Epcot in the late nineties and early 2000? FUTUREWORLD. Dubai has a whole lot of big fantastic looking buildings, many of which stand empty. They built it (Dubai), they won't come. And some of the laws in that country are stupidly harsh... I wouldn't set a foot on that dustbowl. God forbid I picked up an orange and started walking away from the booth without paying by accident.... and then come home one hand less. Dubailand might only survive if it "Hong Kongs" itself. Meaning... it is a country within a country with western values and rules.

Last edited:
BAM ^ Nicely said Teebin. Dubai is a whole lot of hype, with nothing but big buildings to show for it. It's basically a place where engineers test things. It is full of unnecessary projects with billion dollar price tags, and rarely work out right. Who wants their own island shaped like california? not me.
It would be a mistake to build a major theme park in that over inflated desert.

So, the snake had absolutely nothing to do with CoS. It was a story tool. None of you thought Sand Hill Crane was a representation of an owl did you? No. The snake and and the crane were only storied animals that passed on rumors to me. Sorry that I hisssssssed so much... I can see where that might have been misleading and look like a riddle. It was not.

So, what could "one component" and "major" cuts mean. I offered a clue earlier... and that was Crape Myrtle. If you are a southerner.... what do many do to their Crape Myrtle trees each late fall or winter? Disney does it to theirs and so does Universal and most of the resorts here. Search google and see what is the common practice.

So, the snake had absolutely nothing to do with CoS. It was a story tool. None of you thought Sand Hill Crane was a representation of an owl did you? No. The snake and and the crane were only storied animals that passed on rumors to me. Sorry that I hisssssssed so much... I can see where that might have been misleading and look like a riddle. It was not.

So, what could "one component" and "major" cuts mean. I offered a clue earlier... and that was Crape Myrtle. If you are a southerner.... what do many do to their Crape Myrtle trees each late fall or winter? Disney does it to theirs and so does Universal and most of the resorts here. Search google and see what is the common practice.

Did they "prune" the Willow? Maybe it was supposed to have many moving parts and now it only has one branch that will attack us?

Well a Crape Myrtle comes back twice as strong next bloom if you cut it right. So there will be additions next summer to the ride?

They cut the ride down so that they can make improvements. On the right track?