The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 480 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
awesome review WTRiker...I think any "negative" reviews are coming from HARDCORE fans that were expecting for Harry to jump in your bench with you. The whole "the castle line isn't in correct order" is exactly the kind of fandom Im talking about. Some people had forgotten that this was always just a Theme Park expansion..not a Harry Potter theme park.

Yeah, I agree, but I can also understand...Im more psyched about getting back MSEP and Eo at Disney this summer myself, Ill probably be at Eo opening day and see it 5 times at least!, and I have to work opening night of MSEP so Im hoping to make it the following night. Good memories from a great time in my life.
And I can name one or two other attractions around that I have either gone balistic because they werent what I expected, or were ruined being "refreshed". So I guess most of us get a bit hardcore at times over what we love. In this case for me, it was an utter joy because I dont have the attachment to HP that I do to other things, so it was all new and exciting.
Main point I wanted to get across to the one "negative" thread was that as someone who is not well versed in "Potter", just paying attention to the preshow/queue narrative set up the storyline perfectly - and the story works on that level, not just for "hardcores".
(I mean, does anyone remember how quickly Disney had to revamp and rewrite Monsters Inc in tomorrowland, or how quick the Stitch show got cancelled because the stories just didnt work?)
So Kudos to Uni for getting the storyline right the first time. It is simple, understandable, and a very good overview of the Potter world in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and I forgot on my original post, I was going to tagline it.... OMG, I....just....DIED!! :)

--- Update ---

Was just wondering about the AAA discount, is it just the basic auto AAA that gets you discounts at the park?

If you have membership in AAA auto club youre good to go. Doesnt matter if its basic, plus, whatever level. Just a membership card. (I dont know if one of the paper temporary cards will work though like you get in the mailings to get you to join, my issued plastic card has a magnetic strip on it, and when they took my card to give the discount they did swipe it through the card reader on the register, so that would be the unanswered question at this point for folks looking to join AAA today and go to the parks in a week: cause on average it takes AAA about 2-3 weeks to get your issued plastic card out to you).

To be honest if I were Uni I wouldn't soft for public tomorrow. Why not you ask? because everyone will automatically think because they did it today they will do it again tomorrow so the place will be packed. Doing it every other day or something would keep all of us on our toes & let Uni soft to the public with smaller crowds.

WTRiker lucky for us this isn't really the plan yes things will be going on that morning but it will be before the park opens. (Today show) All the other big media parties ect. are the days leading up to the 18th. There could be a bit of run over but ALL public up to area capacity will be allowed in. Uni has planned in such a way where there will be very little impact to regular guests so June 18th everyone can get in.

Great to hear...Ive worked these types of events over the years and they can be a nightmare with guests in the park.
Unfortunately that also means that theres a good chance that not many, if any, of the folks planning on "camping out" to be part of the ceremonies will be allowed to participate, sounds more from your info that they are going to keep the ceremonies somewhat closed off and before park opening to guests.

Thank you all for keeping me thoroughly entertained this past few days.
I have to wait another 6 weeks til our trip (bit too far for me to pop over for a soft opening!)

Good news about the AAA discount - far too used to getting AP discount everywhere

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

To be honest if I were Uni I wouldn't soft for public tomorrow. Why not you ask? because everyone will automatically think because they did it today they will do it again tomorrow so the place will be packed. Doing it every other day or something would keep all of us on our toes & let Uni soft to the public with smaller crowds.

oh quiet you downer :mean: :p

everyone is not that many people maybe a hundred or so

and just because word got out people were let in today doesn't mean a mad rush, a lot of people can't just up and go even if they wanted to and the people who went today might not return tomorrow because they got their experience

and besides universal kinda wants some sort of crowd so they can test the flow, thus why people were let in to begin with

Im quite surprised that more board members arent going to try and go this week to see if they can get in..

Like I said it will be packed tomorrow because people will think hey they did it today so why wouldn't they do it tomorrow. So people will be there its just is Uni going to let the mob in or wait for a slower day when people are not "expecting" it.

Like I said it will be packed tomorrow because people will think hey they did it today so why wouldn't they do it tomorrow. So people will be there its just is Uni going to let the mob in or wait for a slower day when people are not "expecting" it.

I can't see them doing every other day. School in most of Florida lets out next Wednesday. If they hold it off to try and prevent crowds, more people will show up when they finally do it because school will be out.

Right now is the least crowded time to do soft openings.

Last edited:
I think this is the best week for softs, as it's the week before school lets out..and most of the hardcore package holders already got to experience the park this pas weekend.

My guess is that they close it to "hotel guests only" again this Friday....

I just don't want anyone to assume anything because when has Uni (or any theme park for that matter) follow logic when it comes to these things. Yes it's a slower time but heck we don't know how many packages have been sold this week so it's still anyone's guess what will happen. But by early next week if FJ is still running good it would be nice to hear about a pass holder preview finally.

I just don't want anyone to assume anything because when has Uni (or any theme park for that matter) follow logic when it comes to these things. Yes it's a slower time but heck we don't know how many packages have been sold this week so it's still anyone's guess what will happen. But by early next week if FJ is still running good it would be nice to hear about a pass holder preview finally.

I thought it was confirmed there would be no passholder previews.

I thought it was confirmed there would be no passholder previews.

No it was another assumption that there would not be one it was never confirmed. But the preview could be anytime from now till the end of the world so it could end up being less of a preview & more of just exclusive time in the area depending on how long they wait to have one.

I have said it before and will say it again for some of you new people. Expedition Everest and its surrounding village was closed the entire day and evening BEFORE and the entire day and evening OF its grand opening. It was all invited guests only. While EE was big, I am sure you will all agree that this is even bigger.

There will be so much press present it will be crazy. Probably 500 in press and press crew alone. 200-400 from WB. 200-400 from Universal. 200-400 from NBC Universal/GE. Then another 200-400 from Blackstone Group. Then there will be 1000-2000 in special invites sent to investors, banks, and other VIPS. Now add the stars and JKR and their entourages. Then, after the grand opening event... all will remain closed for them to ride the rides, get press shots of vips having fun and be crazy while caterering moves in and wizz bang the area for the upcoming evening. Then the VIPs will return to their hotels late in the afternoon to refresh only later to all return to party well into the night.

This isn't a new ride, it is a new LAND. It will be closed on the 17th and 18th. Thus the big gate remains in place and will only come down in the wee hours of the morning of the 19th.

I'm sure there was discussion about the Magic Neep months and months ago, if my memory is correct Teebin brought it up, well when I was there I thought I would go and get a photo of the location... Now i'm back in England I can finally upload...

Photo608.jpg

The empty cart in front of it obviously points to another beverage/snack point, which on Friday was not operational.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I've just got back to England and have not been able to read all the pages, it will probably take me days to catch up :lol:

Teebin I have said enough on the subject & don't want to say anymore to get Uni breathing down my neck. It does seem though for once Uni knows what they are doing & even though things may change I still believe what I have said is the set plan & will not change.

rooney08josh glad you got home safe & thanks for the pic. I'm sure before we know it that think will be stocked with bottles of pumpkin juice & water.

First off, I want to ask that people STOP posting what’s in the FJ ride! Take it to the FJ Spoilers thread! This includes comments like “I’m glad this was there” and “AT LEAST we got this and that” and “this effect was so well done” etc. Those are SPOILERS! :rant:

On with it...

The mixture of live scenes and projection was extremely seamless.

All the effects worked really well. Truly amazing.

GREAT to hear!! :D See, this is a great post that is NOT a spoiler! Kudos Luke! Thank you!

I stayed on property last night but I didn't show anyone my key card as a test. Maybe I was lucky or maybe they are relaxing the policy. I do know they are going to let a limited number of GP in for the morning sessions before 9 because hotel occupancy is down after the weekend.

I personally think they're just going with the flow until something goes wrong. When I went I had my key card on hand along with my annual pass ticket, and the guy who checked me into IoA told me "good, make sure you have your key card" but then other people got it without showing it at all. And technically I wasn't asked for my key card, I was pretty much just given a pat on the back for having it on hand. I think they're relying on the fact that everyone thinks only package holders are getting in and if a couple GP people get it it's not such a big deal (until too many GPs enter and then they’ll close it down).

In the pictures of the goblet of fire, there appears to be no steam fire effect turned on. Is that because of the flash photos or is it not always on?

When I went through the queue, it was not on.

Butterbeer is a lot better than pumkin juice in my opinion.

Same here! :D But I hate cinnamon, so I'm not prone to like pumpkin juice anyways :p

I know there has been a debate about what time period the whole area pertains to. in my opinion each area pertains to a slightly different time period.

I'm not sure why we all began discussing this... I guess just for fun? Anyways, it's obvious that the WWoHP does not have a specific time setting, and there really doesn't need to be a timeline.

Are there some kind of pouches on the Forbidden Journey vehicle? If I leave my bag in the locker, am I able to take both my videocamera and regular camera with me through the queue?

I hope they'd release more information about the Grand Opening soon (attending guests, opening hours for public, etc.)... They are closing IOA at 6.00 pm both on 16th and 17th June. Would that have anything to do with the Grand Opening?

Compartments are part of / within the seat (look where your lower back would go):

HPIM1951.jpg

There are lockers for the bulk of stuff you're carrying, but then you can take cameras around the queue. Then all cameras and any small loose items you forget to put in the lockers you have to stick in this compartment.

About the Grand Opening, I asked Alan Gilmore about this and what really happens June 18th. Will there be a media event? Will the stars of HP show up? He said that June 18th is the day the gates officially swing open for the general public, any events with stars and VIPs will probably happen before June 18th, but he said he doesn't know when, that they don't tell him this sort of information. I would expect those days where the park closes at 6PM to have events with stars, industry VIPs and probably media. Then beginning June 18th the park operates regularly all day for the general public.

Hello all: long time lurker on this board, but after this morning I thought I would finally join up and give my report.

:) Thanks for the awesome report! :rep:

Was just wondering about the AAA discount, is it just the basic auto AAA that gets you discounts at the park?

If you are a AAA member, any type of member, and you have a AAA card, then you get the discount.

This isn't a new ride, it is a new LAND. It will be closed on the 17th and 18th. Thus the big gate remains in place and will only come down in the wee hours of the morning of the 19th.

Unless plans drastically change, it should be open on both the 17th and 18th. I can't remember the deal for the 18th, if it opens later or not, but it opens. On the 17th, assuming it is decided to soft open daily by then, it would close early, something like 3pm. Anything can change and has a million times this week alone.

I've been saying from the begining that the "media event" will be before the actual grand opening. The fact the park closes early
is a pretty big hint. They know people are going to be coming on June 18th to visit
the new park, not to sit on the outside of the gate and peer in.

Considering the amount of info Brent and Teebim claim to have, they certainly haven't been right about a lot of things...if correct neither of them have even ridden the ride yet...for people that claim to be in the know, they don't seem to have any special privliges ao far.