The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 500 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
the harness actually locks down on your legs too, so it really boxes you in, i don't really like it, you can't move at all

--- Update ---

The one Bryan posted was the one I was looking for. Thanks everyone. :thumbs:

Bryan, if you find one that's straight on, let me know.

yeah trying to find all the pictures i have seen since friday, I think that's going to be really hard though

I should've saved them as I saw them oops lol

If I remember correctly, a memher here who is also a team member, giant, sat in the seat and said its more about your upper chest than your stomach that will determine if you get on or not.

I know the guy I was talking about that was in line with us yesterday was tall (over 6 feet), but he did not look to me to be really overweight or out of shape, was broad-shouldered, but I personally was suprised that he was denied based on his build and size. So I dont really know what the overall conditions are for rejection. I do know from overhearing a conversation though that unlike a lot of the coasters/etc, there is not much room for adjustment: what I mean is, on a lot of the coasters if the safety harness latches a couple or 3 times down your usually safe to go, but on FJ the thing needs to latch down quite a few notches (maybe even all the way to the last ratchet) before the green light will come on.

Yeah I remember that post. I'm a few inches smaller but am still worried. I am more proportional in my weigh. I don't have any one area that is really large. I really hope 240-250lbs isn't the cutoff weight. I can crash diet but I still don't know if I could ever get that low. I think the leg area worries me more than the chest/stomach area. Wow post 13 on page 666!!!

Last edited:
Here is a wand chart right from J.K. Rowling herself (from her official site.) If her word on all things WWofHH is gospel than this should be the same chart IofA is working off of.

http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en/extrastuff_view.cfm?id=18

Thanks for the link - this agrees with what I remember seeing on their sheet that there were 13 or 14 selections, looks like it was 13 types after all.
And the three wand types that my family would get were the ones that hadnt shipped in yet (just our luck, lol), but with the 10 selections they already have in stock the number 13 matches again.
And the types match our dates (again the three types they didnt receive yet).
So, I would verify this is an accurate chart - thanks again!

Okay guys so I am editing over 200 photos from today.....wow..... Well got in at 9am! Waited about 25 - 30 min for FJ. As I said during preview I tried the test seat and although that said I couldn't do it after talking to team members they said that I should fit....well got on the ride at load sat down and got it down 2 clicks....sadly that is not enough I was pulled off and they sent me to a secondary load platform (One for the wheelchairs)....Anyways I was lucky that a friend of mine was there and I told him he could push on the restraint as hard as possible. Luckily he got me to 3 clicks (Yeah!) but I will be honest guys I could not take deep breaths and it was uncomfortable. If it had been someone else at that station I may not have been able to fit......So glad I could go though! The ride was amazing and I am glad to have had this chance to ride.

I got so many photos, quiet a few that are some detail stuff as well as general photos. The rides closed off the queues near 11am and we were there till way after 12ish.......I can't wait to go back the 10th since that is when I have booked a hotel stay to have the 1 hour early.

Yeah I remember that post. I'm a few inches smaller but am still worried. I am more proportional in my weigh. I don't have any one area that is really large. I really hope 240-250lbs isn't the cutoff weight. I can crash diet but I still don't know if I could ever get that low. I think the leg area worries me more than the chest/stomach area. Wow post 13 on page 666!!!

yeah that guy, i think giant, said if you have chest of 52 or smaller u will be ok, so hopefully its based off chest size than gut size, let us know how it goes tomorrow, and good luck to you, although with post 13 on page 666, u might not have much luck :)

yeah that guy, i think giant, said if you have chest of 52 or smaller u will be ok, so hopefully its based off chest size than gut size, let us know how it goes tomorrow, and good luck to you, although with post 13 on page 666, u might not have much luck :)

Actually I consider 13 a lucky number and 666 doesn't bother me. I've always been a villian at heart. I'll let everyone know tomorrow how I do. I really wouldn't care if someone had to smash down the harness but I wouldn't want the ride to break because of me.

I'm 6'3, 235 and have broad shoulders. I was able to fit on the first row of The Hulk, it was a little tight but I was comfortable. Do you think FJ would be a problem?

Sorry, I'm not really caught up, I've been working the last two days; but have there been softs for the GP yet? I'm going tomorrow and was just wondering. Thanks!

The whole wood wand thing... the Celtic/Gaelic calendar is 13 months (phases of the moon), 13 types of wood. They correspond to the wood types on that J.K. site. Not sure where the 32 number came from, but it's 13 and they all appear to be represented in Ollivander's, from what I've read.

The GP has been getting in the last few days. Just make sure you are there early when the park opens. They only let a certain number in and that also depends on hotel guests and if the rides are operating properly.

The whole wood wand thing... the Celtic/Gaelic calendar is 13 months (phases of the moon), 13 types of wood. They correspond to the wood types on that J.K. site. Not sure where the 32 number came from, but it's 13 and they all appear to be represented in Ollivander's, from what I've read.

http://www.grahamphillips.net/News/Trees/Celtic_Tree_Signs.htm

And to quote JKR's site:
"For those who are interested in the trees assigned to the different parts of the Celtic year, below is the chart that I used. I apologise to any Celtic tree experts out there for any inaccuracies I may have reproduced (I have found slight variations between sources since I first came across this information.)"

So thats where all my questions came from on what chart they (WWoHP) were using. They seem to be definately using hers, the "Potterverse" one.

Last edited: