The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 612 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a question.

How come they start the WWOHP queue on the BACKSIDE (Jurassic Park) instead of the front side (Lost Continent/Seuss)? Part of the magic of WWOHP is the arrival, and seeing Hogwarts in all its grandeur off in the distance. You don't get that entering from the back. Instead, you get 2 hours of looking at the FJ show building (not themed or painted, and ruining the forced perspective) and then finally a back entrance inside the village. Makes no sense. Any reason for this?

Well the ride part I understand, if you are in line before closing you get to ride. FJ was posted at 120min wait, if he got inline any time after 9:30 that is why he got off FJ at 11:30. Shops, I have no idea I was in zonkos when the TM said we were the last ones in and everyone else was being turned away at the door saying they were closed for the night. very interesting indeed.

Anyone know why all the HP attractions are not listed on the wait time site?

I have a question.

How come they start the WWOHP queue on the BACKSIDE (Jurassic Park) instead of the front side (Lost Continent/Seuss)? Part of the magic of WWOHP is the arrival, and seeing Hogwarts in all its grandeur off in the distance. You don't get that entering from the back. Instead, you get 2 hours of looking at the FJ show building (not themed or painted, and ruining the forced perspective) and then finally a back entrance inside the village. Makes no sense. Any reason for this?

there might have been some people let in the back but the majority were let in from the front

That;s odd because the lines for rides were shut down at 10pm and around 10:20 they had TM's in front of the shops doors telling everyone they were closed, people inside were only finishing shopping since they were in before 10:20. Unless they opened them up for the people standing in the 2 hour FJ line, unlikely however.

.. and me - we're off next month & my girls both want one :(

My word, we have a contradiction. I wonder why the discrepancy? Fascinating.

Some of the shops were "closed". They said this to my son as well then when he asked again another TM who said they were temporarily "closed" since there were too many people already inside. Once some of them start to leave they will let more people in, which they did. This happened often while we were in the park yesterday. This is there solution to over crowding the stores. My goodness the line into Feltches was SUPER long! Better to have waited in the line for the ride then get in the shop.

To answer the question about why they were creating lines to both entrances. I believe it was ABSORB the hoards that would have been backed up into the port of entry. Two lanes of traffic so to speak. I am sure people were radioing back and forth between the gates about how many they could let in from each end at a given time.

As for the wait times for WW being removed, I believe that they do not want to dissuade anyone from attending based on horrific numbers for FJ or its UP or DOWN time.

Some of the shops were "closed". They said this to my son as well then when he asked again another TM who said they were temporarily "closed" since there were too many people already inside. Once some of them start to leave they will let more people in, which they did. This happened often while we were in the park yesterday. This is there solution to over crowding the stores. My goodness the line into Feltches was SUPER long! Better to have waited in the line for the ride then get in the shop.
Yeah, there were long lines to get into Zonko's and Honeydukes yesterday. And we asked a woman how long it would be to get into Dervish and Banges if we didn't wait for Olivander's and she told us we could go right in. WRONG! There was at least an our wait to just get into D&V/Owlery. We just waited for Ollivander's.

If they really aren't going to stock up until August, Pygmy Puffs will be gone. Almost every woman who walked through those doors bought one, and many bought more than one. I waited 45 minutes in Honeydukes to buy some things, and I heard them announcing the sale of one (one time I saw someone buy four, I think) nearly every two minutes...
By the way, I take back what I said about liking Pumpkin Juice better than Butterbeer. PJ is too strong for me. It tastes good, but I can't even take a full gulp of one. Butterbeer is just strong enough.

there might have been some people let in the back but the majority were let in from the front

No, at least not in the late afternoon and evening. The front was COMPLETELY closed off, they told us the line forms at Jurassic Park. Everyone entered from the backside.

Ok I need some help here, thinking about going later tonight maybe like 7:30 or 8 PM does anyone think at that time there will still be a wait to get into the WWoHP. The wife really wants to go but I am trying to avoid mass chaos. Any advice would help and what was the crowds within Hogsmeade like last night after about 8 PM

No, at least not in the late afternoon and evening. The front was COMPLETELY closed off, they told us the line forms at Jurassic Park. Everyone entered from the backside.

You mean they entered by going over the old JP bridge and under the rear Hogsmeade arch? Just trying to clarify as some have shown a map through JP but then over the temporary bridge.

I've just been informed that on Tuesday, I'll be starting at 7am in order to do some WWOHP waiting goodness. Crazies, here I come! Or, does that make me a crazy too? Thank god my friend's hotel is ten minutes from IOA... less crazy to endure?

You mean they entered by going over the old JP bridge and under the rear Hogsmeade arch? Just trying to clarify as some have shown a map through JP but then over the temporary bridge.

The answer to the question is yes. That's how everyone is entering today, the LC side is the only exit then. The early hour ppl enter thru LC side but that's shut off right at 8:45-9 to become the exit. Yesterday morning what I heard was that the line they formed for the hotel guests went through Seuss, etc so they entered the "real" way but (at least one of) the regular, huge GP lines came thru the back.

In regards to last night - idk, like I said, I was there at 11:30 and ppl were still shopping. My guess is they closed the shops at 10:20 like they do the ride lines to get ppl to exit but reopened when most everyone was out and then those leaving from FJ could shop on the way out.

The answer to the question is yes. That's how everyone is entering today, the LC side is the only exit then. The early hour ppl enter thru LC side but that's shut off right at 8:45-9 to become the exit. Yesterday morning what I heard was that the line they formed for the hotel guests went through Seuss, etc so they entered the "real" way but (at least one of) the regular, huge GP lines came thru the back.

In regards to last night - idk, like I said, I was there at 11:30 and ppl were still shopping. My guess is they closed the shops at 10:20 like they do the ride lines to get ppl to exit but reopened when most everyone was out and then those leaving from FJ could shop on the way out.

Thank you for being such a crazy nut and staying in the park so long. At least you can give us the full story and I believe yours to be accurate and true.

So, no info on what the park was like today. Very little anyways. Did anyone twitter anything or have they put in cell phone blocking devices to shut us up?

So, no info on what the park was like today. Very little anyways. Did anyone twitter anything or have they put in cell phone blocking devices to shut us up?

Here's some updates from @skubersky from 6 hours ago:
The line for #wwohp begins on the toon lagoon bridge as of 1:30pm. Est 2+ hr wait to enter, much better than 8! http://yfrog.com/5dgu8ij
#wwohp barricade separating Seuss from lc is gone today, crowd flow in rest of ioa seems better.

I haven't looked for more recent updates yet but if the line was only about 2 hours to get in WWoHP at 1 PM, it's probably much better now.