The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 745 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My fiancée and I were in a very EMPTY Hogsmeade today (as in Forbidden Journey was at a 15 minute wait) when they shut down the fire side of Dragons and had camera's and equipment everywhere.

I'm no expert on my celebrities but over on the fire platform there was a lady who looked a lot like J.K. Rowling holding a clipboard and looking important. I could have just been a lady who resembled her but it was pretty close!

My fiancée and I were in a very EMPTY Hogsmeade today (as in Forbidden Journey was at a 15 minute wait) when they shut down the fire side of Dragons and had camera's and equipment everywhere.

I'm no expert on my celebrities but over on the fire platform there was a lady who looked a lot like J.K. Rowling holding a clipboard and looking important. I could have just been a lady who resembled her but it was pretty close!

I'm pretty sure if J.K. Rowling was in the park, it wouldn't be something hushed. I'm sure all of OU would be all over it. :lol:

LOL.. Yeah I would think so too. This lady was not out and about like a normal guest but she was over toward the exit of fire and she looked just like her.

I was a lead at Dragons when Ellen/John Stamos rode for the Ellen Show and even Ellen had a decent group following her so I find it hard to believe that this was J.K. Rowling. I was hoping someone on here would know for sure.

Speaking of yesterday and walking through whats left of the Lost Continent, I can definitely see Diagon Alley taking over and looking amazing. This was the first time I was there when I didn't feel rushed and walking around and seeing the amazing style of Hogsmeade is second to none. Plus, that area of Lost Continent is pretty large.. if they made the path more curvy you could really jam a ton in there.

I think a Gringotts attraction, another place to eat, a show, and more shops would really complete this land. I do hope they can find a way to keep Mytho's and hopefully keep the fountain..

I just got an email today from Universal basically telling me about them selling their millionth butterbeer and Tom Felton visiting the park, both of which happened in early January. :doh: FAIL.

hi everyone. havent been around in a while. hope you are all doing well. :)
saw a tweet today from mugglenet about diagon alley and gringotts. figured OU would be THE place to be if this is actually true.
i'm going to poke around and read back a bit but i just saw above someone mentioning it. if anyone wants to catch me up that would be great. i'll try to read back a while and see what I find.
SO STOKED if this is actually happening!!! DIAGON ALLEY!!! anyway, awesome.

between holidays, relatives, work, kiddo school and derby, we STILL havent made it out to use our xmas annual passes. we finally found a date FEB 18th that will work. i am *SO* excited. it feels like a million years since the grand opening and i'm probably the last person on earth that hasnt been yet. i am working on a ravenclaw-colors argyle scarf that i hope to have completed before we go, but i will probably buy a scarf there too. so much to buy!! LOL

i can't wait to have a sugar quill and a pumpkin juice.

hi everyone. havent been around in a while. hope you are all doing well. :)
saw a tweet today from mugglenet about diagon alley and gringotts. figured OU would be THE place to be if this is actually true.
i'm going to poke around and read back a bit but i just saw above someone mentioning it. if anyone wants to catch me up that would be great. i'll try to read back a while and see what I find.
SO STOKED if this is actually happening!!! DIAGON ALLEY!!! anyway, awesome.

Nothing's been announced, but an expansion will be in the near future.

Nothing's been announced, but an expansion will be in the near future.
i'm really excited about that! diagon was one of the COOLEST parts of hp. now, i wonder how long until wwohp takes over the whole park? lol

I know you will have a great first visit, SL_ZERO! I could not have waiting until now to go! :lol:
thanks! yeah its been driving me crazy. i only live three hours away. we've just been insanely busy.

Just an FYI, here's that Mugglenet article:
Stop us if you've heard this one before: Universal Orlando is planning on expanding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. It has been a huge success and they want to keep the buzz going. Not to mention they're contractually obligated to update it every couple years.

In the past we've shared with you several expansion rumors. Most interestingly, in August a Universal tour guide said the Wizarding World expansion would take over The Lost Continent area. Then in September we learned Universal was asking guests if they'd visit a double-in-size park within 12 months.

Now a few new updates that feed into those rumors. Screamscape reports (scroll to the bottom of the page) there are physical survey markings appearing behind-the-scenes in The Lost Continent area as Universal attempts to map out Phase 2 of their Wizarding World project (Phase 1 being what is currently open).

Additionally, the rumors they've received suggest Universal is hoping to add a Diagon Alley area in 2013 featuring a Gringotts ride that will take over the area currently occupied by Poseidon's Fury.

Why does a Gringotts ride seem like the logical choice? An article from the Orlando Sentinel in December reveals Universal's contract with Warner Brothers states they must "incorporate elements from the final Potter films". Remember that still from Part 2 where we see characters riding on a cart in Gringotts? And that dragon breaking in? Screams ride to us!

Of course, it's important to remember these are all just rumors and Universal's plans could be completely different. We're excited for an expansion as much as everyone else, so we can't help but share.

Same stuff we've been discussing and debating for weeks, nothing new (or confirmed). Enjoy your trip, SL_ZER0!

And the rumors of all the phase 2 stuff first began on the message boards! :happy:

This is the place to be for people in the know :lol:

yeah it is! thanks tbad :-D
anywhere specific i should try to get a look/pic for those markings or are they visible to employees only?

I'm really itching to get a date for when they would be doing any big additions. Some people say it won't happen for a long time, others say it could happen as soon as 2013. It would suck to plan a big trip to go down there, only for there to be an expansion the very next year. :doh:

They will announce the epic expansion the day before FLE grand opening. :boxing:

Probably not but what a shot to the junk that would be huh.

If they're going to do it, then they should most definitely align it with Fantasyland. That way they can put everyone's minds back on Potter.

Oh yeah, definitely. Not only that, but it won't cut down on attendance as much, since people will already have plans to visit Orlando because of FE.