The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 760 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just got back from WWOHP a few weeks ago. First trip, and it was a long journey to Potter mecca but it was definitely worth it. We went during Easter and the crowds were INSANE. However, we planned accordingly. We hit up Spider-man and Hulk every morning before the park opened (we just walked on as everyone rushed to wait in line for Potter to open). Had breakfast at the Croissant Moon, then hit up US. Walked on every ride before noon. Had some lunch and margaritas, took in PF, and waited to hit WWOHP from 7 to 11 every night. Have to share that everyone looked disappointed at the long lines for butterbeer before I guided them into the HH. This forum is a lifesaver!

:lol:

Yea bunch of my cousins and friends want to do a guys weekend at IOA, and they suggessted to go the last weekend in July, and I was thinking, ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!?! :lol:

So I'm trying to push them more into August to avoid at least the WORST of the lines, and they won't be so bad :lol:

Just catching up on my reading from having to work six days straight.....how small are the shops for real, because the way I am reading this I am worried about getting around in the shops (I have to use a wheelchair for long distances)

Just catching up on my reading from having to work six days straight.....how small are the shops for real, because the way I am reading this I am worried about getting around in the shops (I have to use a wheelchair for long distances)

Alright now this is tough mainly due to a wheelchair, and please don't take that in the slightest negative I mean no disrespect I just wish to help out. My recommendation to you is to either leave the wheelchair at the entrance to the shops OR go into the shops very early in the morning or just before close.

Reason being is that the shops themselves were small from the get go, but now since merchandise sales have soared through the roof every available sq ft is used to either display or store merchandise. I mean even the shop keepers have to stand in the corners of the shops amongst merchandise just to survive in there. Its extremely tight and very very crowded. If I am not mistaken Florida law states all public places must keep aisle widths to a minimum of 36" for wheelchair access. You will see that not just some shop aisles but all of them are very close to that. Factor in a full staff that is constantly restocking, a full onslaught of people who have probably been in line for 30 minutes just to get in and on top of that people waiting in line to check out, waiting in line for assistance, people trying stuff on etc etc.

It can get very chaotic and people can be just downright nasty towards others. So do yourself a favor and plan ahead. Come up with a gameplan on how you want to hit the WWoHP. Decide ahead of time what time to get there, what attractions to do first, where to snack/eat, what souvenirs do I want etc etc. Doing this will greatly reduce stress and headaches on what is sure to be a busy day within Hogsmeade. Any more questions just ask, and I hope this helped.:thumbs:

Gotta agree here. I'm pretty sure the shops themselves are wheelchair accessible; I'm sure they're required by code to be. But in theme park sizes, they're super small. Most of the time it's hard to walk in there.

Most crowded I have seen Islands of Adventure at this time of May in a long time. I am sure it did not help that JP River Adventure was down but all your main big E tickets were an hour wait or more by mid day and even your secondary Doctor Doom and the like were 40-45 min.

Good news for Universal and possibly a continuation of growing attendance.

Most crowded I have seen Islands of Adventure at this time of May in a long time. I am sure it did not help that JP River Adventure was down but all your main big E tickets were an hour wait or more by mid day and even your secondary Doctor Doom and the like were 40-45 min.

Good news for Universal and possibly a continuation of growing attendance.

If you build it, they will come.

An exclusive WWoHP AP pin is coming this summer. From the Summer AP newsletter:

AP.png

This pin stuff. I just don't get it. Having pictures of props from the actual movies that were shipped to Orlando for duplication... now that is a gamer for me. Vids of the recreations being tested... a bigger plus. And yeah, I am bragging... shame on me.

This pin stuff. I just don't get it. Having pictures of props from the actual movies that were shipped to Orlando for duplication... now that is a gamer for me. Vids of the recreations being tested... a bigger plus. And yeah, I am bragging... shame on me.

Well I'll just explain why I like pins - they're cute, they're something you can use to break the ice with a guest in line (great way of making friends), and they are small and decently priced compared to most items in a theme park. If I was flying I wouldn't have to worry about packing a giant pin in my suitcase lol...