The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 908 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No semblance of theme? The castle station, the queue line, the amazing vehicle design...some of the best theming Ive ever seen on any roller coaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting...if you dont mind me asking, what makes you say that?

Information,from a close acquaintance, also they have been scanning tickets for over 4 hours, preparing that much for an opening today?, i know so

Last edited:
Information,from a close acquaintance, also they have been scanning tickets for over 4 hours, preparing that much for an opening today?, i know so

They have been scanning tickets for more then that. And it's to test the new hardware, work out the bugs now. They can't open the area until all of the equipment including the new ticket scanners has been fully tested.

HE doesn't exit to DA, it exits to London.

I never said it did. But HE is part of the DA expansion and is based in DA. And the expansion has to open all together. It's a JK/WB thing, just like phase 1.

(Also we took this back and fourth about if it was going to open today to the USF thread)

The Zonko's fireworks display windows was cycling an animation yesterday. Swirling lights and elevating fireworks and such. I didn't get any video or pictures of it, it was a bit crowded.

The work on the lefthand Dogweed and Deathcap window is done, but I can't actually tell you what's new or different in it. One of these days I'll get a polarizer.

Tomes and Scrolls is getting some window work now as well.

Here's one for you DC guys.

No semblance of theme? The castle station, the queue line, the amazing vehicle design...some of the best theming Ive ever seen on any roller coaster.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant the actual ride itself. I know everything up to the station is great (used to be perfect back when skeletons dangled from the ceiling) And you obviously haven't been on any of the Disney mountains, or Revenge of the Mummy :lol: because those are all vastly better themed than the actual DC ride experience.

Is it terrible to actually want DC to have hills, caves, fog, spires, return to dueling, & have lots of trees? I just feel the ride experience could be improved with some addition of a mountain, enclosed lift hill, on-board audio, fire & fog effects, mist, a village to fly over, some spires and hills to fly over or next to. More importantly, bring back the close encounters. Imagine going through a cave and flying into the iconic loop that almost collides into the other guests with dragon roars and mist included.

As part of HP Phase 3, add the Great Hall above Hogwarts and give DC a massive upgrade to be the most lavishly themed coaster in all of Central FL. Bring back the dueling, add those theming touches, and it's a world-class crown jewel for sure :thumbs:

I meant the actual ride itself. I know everything up to the station is great (used to be perfect back when skeletons dangled from the ceiling) And you obviously haven't been on any of the Disney mountains, or Revenge of the Mummy :lol: because those are all vastly better themed than the actual DC ride experience.

Is it terrible to actually want DC to have hills, caves, fog, spires, return to dueling, & have lots of trees? I just feel the ride experience could be improved with some addition of a mountain, enclosed lift hill, on-board audio, fire & fog effects, mist, a village to fly over, some spires and hills to fly over or next to. More importantly, bring back the close encounters. Imagine going through a cave and flying into the iconic loop that almost collides into the other guests with dragon roars and mist included.

As part of HP Phase 3, add the Great Hall above Hogwarts and give DC a massive upgrade to be the most lavishly themed coaster in all of Central FL. Bring back the dueling, add those theming touches, and it's a world-class crown jewel for sure :thumbs:

The issue with this is you're comparing apples to oranges. Everest doesn't go upside down, splash mountain isn't a coaster, the mine train is a kiddie coaster, and big thunder is not comparable to DC. Space mountain you could make an argument but I'd respond by saying how themed is that really? You can barely see.

How do you lavishly theme a loop? This type of coaster can't be themed the way the Disney coasters can because of the type of ride it is. Yes you can add additional trees, but I do not believe that will accomplish what you think it will.

Best theming on an intense, "big" roller coaster* is what I meant lol

And no, Im all for adding some theming elements like that around the ride...but thats not what youve been talking about this whole time. Up until this post, you wanted the thing removed, and thats what I think is a lousy idea. You just changed your whole entire argument in one post...cmon man

You can't compare Dragon Challenge to rides like Mummy, BTM, SDMT (lol), Everest, etc.

For being a big thrill coaster, it's as well themed as possible. It's certainly better themed than Hulk, especially when it was Dueling Dragons.

I've already expressed my thoughts about Dragons many, many times. In brief, I definitely want it to stay and hope one day the queue will become a Forbidden Forest walk-through with magical creatures. Re-theming the track and dragon forms on the coaster vehicles would also be nice.

Regarding the Great Hall dining experience, if it comes (and I don't think it will), it would probably take over the Pizza Predatoria area which has the kitchen set up and even bathrooms. It could have the kitchens and bathrooms on the lower floor and the actual dining hall on a second floor. But... this is just wild, blue sky speculation. I believe they've said that the Great Hall is gonna be exclusive to Hollywood (at least for the US parks).

I've already expressed my thoughts about Dragons many, many times. In brief, I definitely want it to stay and hope one day the queue will become a Forbidden Forest walk-through with magical creatures. Re-theming the track and dragon forms on the coaster vehicles would also be nice.

Regarding the Great Hall dining experience, if it comes (and I don't think it will), it would probably take over the Pizza Predatoria area which has the kitchen set up and even bathrooms. It could have the kitchens and bathrooms on the lower floor and the actual dining hall on a second floor. But... this is just wild, blue sky speculation. I believe they've said that the Great Hall is gonna be exclusive to Hollywood (at least for the US parks).

I'm fine with the great hall being a Hollywood exclusive. They deserve some exclusives outside of the tram tour.