Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

So the 4K upgrade to FJ is really something great. Outside of the awkwardness of the 3D dragon segment, it's a win all around. The reduction of the blur in the screens has taken away even the slight amount of motion sickness the ride sometimes gave me.
The golden snitch in our face kinda bothers me too. When things are “up close” without 3D glasses, they just look out of proportion (like a 20-ft tall Vin Diesel). But agreed, the clarity and smoothness is incredible.

Yes, good conversion. Really no discernible motion sickness in May, and I rode it the most often ever thanks to the new Express line that gives you a nice take your time view of the best parts (highlight line) of the queue.

So the 4K upgrade to FJ is really something great. Outside of the awkwardness of the 3D dragon segment, it's a win all around. The reduction of the blur in the screens has taken away even the slight amount of motion sickness the ride sometimes gave me.

Yes, good conversion. Really no discernible motion sickness in May, and I rode it the most often ever thanks to the new Express line that gives you a nice take your time view of the best parts (highlight line) of the queue.

This is really great news. We always skip FJ unless someone new is at the park with us because of how motion sick we get. I need to try it again (and take some pics of construction with my new Sony a7r iii)!

The golden snitch in our face kinda bothers me too. When things are “up close” without 3D glasses, they just look out of proportion (like a 20-ft tall Vin Diesel). But agreed, the clarity and smoothness is incredible.
I do hope you're not referring to the drone everyone thinks is a helicopter. Sigh

I do hope you're not referring to the drone everyone thinks is a helicopter. Sigh
No, I’m referring to the actual size of the projection of Vin Diesel where it’s supposed to be simulating him being very close to your car, but without 3D, just makes him look big. Same with Shaw as he passes by before eating asphalt.

The drone that is often mistaken as a helicopter is just an unfortunate aesthetic choice I’m also not a fan of, but understand the context.

No, I’m referring to the actual size of the projection of Vin Diesel where it’s supposed to be simulating him being very close to your car, but without 3D, just makes him look big. Same with Shaw as he passes by before eating asphalt.

The drone that is often mistaken as a helicopter is just an unfortunate aesthetic choice I’m also not a fan of, but understand the context.
F&F is one of those cases I think it was a mistake to leave the 3D out. Then again, all the 3D stuff is apparently there just in case

This is great to hear. Forbidden Journey was one of my most anticipated rides going into my first Universal visit and was one of the biggest letdowns (because of motion sickness, the ride is a technical and theming marvel). But any upgrade that has the potential to make the ride more ride-able to me is a welcome change and has me excited for my next attempt!

At this point, it's Universal's fault that people think that way. Just a stupid idea on their part.