The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember reading that too, but can't find the proper article. The situation was that Ron and Hermione were arguing about something while Harry talks to us and Ron accidently made it snow in the preshow DADA classroom. If memory serves...

Let me just clear something up about something. The American Scenic concept is just a concept, it is in no way what will happen in the ride. We know this as fact from a while back. That's not to say certain scenes from it won't be used, but there is a real story that will happen. We know the story happens around the middle of the HP timeline somewhere, after the chamber of secrets, so what's going "to go horribly wrong" to get us to travel back to the chamber of secrets? We really only have confirmation of the chamber of secrets because we have pictures of the snake heads on site.

After reading your post, I wonder if maybe it's not a traditional "something goes wrong" that you find in most theme park rides. We're (in theory) starting the ride off by joining Harry on the Quidditch pitch. What if the entire ride's story line is that we catch sight of the Golden Snitch and then follow Harry to catch it, and the path of the Snitch is passing by all of the memorable "something goes wrongs" from the books and movies? With the celebratory shot in the Great Hall from last weeks' teaser video, it makes for a plausible story line in my head.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
If the bartender knows how to make it, there's no reason you can't have one even if it's not on the current menu. :thumbs:

Thats the problem, they use the frozen cocktails they have there and they need Tangerine, Strawberry and Pina Colada, they no longer Tangerine or Pina Colada if my memory serves me right so they can't make it anymore.

Teebin does that tell you how out of it I really am today typing wrong names ect. pay no attention to me today it feels like its 300 degrees in my room so my brain isn't really working. But to stay on topic since Ellen doesn't tape until Sunday it possible she will be filming a lot tomorrow around the parks including WWoHP so be on the lookout anyone who is there.

When is the ellen show on the WWOHP ???

The air dates I believe are next Thur. & Fri. Scott I agree with you the only reason I could see if she was holding off on filming stuff inside WWoHP is if any of her contest people ect. were coming with her that she might surprise them during the taping of the show on Sunday.

I would think that the general taping will all happen on City Walk with cut aways to previous shot footage. This leads me to believe that guests are there and will shoot tomorrow. Sunday they will be on set and when appropriate will show the footage shot on Saturday.

Just my humble opinion.

After reading your post, I wonder if maybe it's not a traditional "something goes wrong" that you find in most theme park rides. We're (in theory) starting the ride off by joining Harry on the Quidditch pitch. What if the entire ride's story line is that we catch sight of the Golden Snitch and then follow Harry to catch it, and the path of the Snitch is passing by all of the memorable "something goes wrongs" from the books and movies? With the celebratory shot in the Great Hall from last weeks' teaser video, it makes for a plausible story line in my head.

Thoughts?

While I like your concept about chasing the snitch throughout the scenes being the impetus for the storyline, I get the feeling the FJ storyline is meant to be in-continuity with the books, probably between Books 3 and 4 (because of the Dementors, the apparent lack of Voldemort and the themeing of DC and FotH). If that’s the case, we can’t be going through actual scenes from Harry’s life as they either have already happened (ie, chess scene from Book 1, spiders and Basilisk from book 2) or not yet happened (if the Dragon is from the Gringots scene in Book 7).

In the end, I think the ride will end up being scenes that pay homage to scenes/character/creatures from the various books, but aren’t specific scenes from the books. For example, all signs point to the chamber of Secrets in the ride, but since Harry dispatched of it in Book 2, perhaps the Basilisk in the ride is just a skeleton that pops out. That way, the ride stays in-continuity.

Of course, I’m pretty sure the Wizarding World and Hogwarts in particular was not widely revealed to the outside world to the point “Muggles would be welcomed inside the castle for the first time” in-continuity, so my theory flies out the window at that point.

June 18th, 4 days before my birthday. You guys think it would be too much to ask for James and Oliver Phelps for my birthday? ;)

Where do you go to look up info about renting places for events? I'm thinking of renewing my vows in 6 years. Might want to start saving for it now. ;) Might cost more then my original wedding but having a private party in the Wizarding World would be worth it!

http://www.uomeetingsandevents.com/Events/weddings/weddings-and-celebrations.asp is the events website. It wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask about it. WWOHP isn't specifically listed, I am sure it available...for a price.

Another thing I was thinking about was in the press release where we “might catch a glimpse of Ginny, Fred & George or Neville.” It’s been semi-confirmed there are carousel projection screens in the ride; what if there are multiple film elements, one for each screen, so that there is a different ending or experience every time you ride, ala “Horizons?” Seems odd to mention you might see Ginny, Fred & George or Neville, not mention you will see them; to me, it implies there’s some variability to their appearance in the attraction.

I have an opinion. I dont know what you think.
But this attraction have a very new technology, just like Mission Space. It is also an attraction that has many sets, new things, like Expedition Everest.
Presumably to test this attraction is needed a long soft opening. Just like the others big or groundbreaking attractions.
Mission space was almost 4 months of soft opening.
Test Track 3 months.
Expedition Everest 3 months.
Soarin 2 months (being an attraction that already existed in another park)

FJ is an attraction comparable to these, even bigger!(and better).
FJ needs at least 2 months of soft opening to be tested with people.
By this I mean that almost certainly (in my opinion) that we see soft-open WWOHP around April 9. If not then, very close to it.
I think there will be at least 2 months of soft opening, which is more or less what they need for an attraction of this kind.

tribbleorlfl as much as we may want a set time line we won't get one as I've said before think of it as the greatest hits of the series. It may not make complete sense or make HP hardcore fans happy (story wise) but it will involve the best of the best in scenes that you would want to experience on a slightly scary ride. As far as if we might see so & so it's more of just hinting at things. I'm sure we will see all of them they just not just be dead center in your vision & you have to look for them or may miss them.

--- Update ---

But no we will NOT have softs until sometime after April 9. They were shooting for the 9th BUT according to TMs it has been pushed back but I am sure as soon as its ready they will open for soft.

Last edited:
I have an opinion. I dont know what you think.
But this attraction have a very new technology, just like Mission Space. It is also an attraction that has many sets, new things, like Expedition Everest.
Presumably to test this attraction is needed a long soft opening. Just like the others big or groundbreaking attractions.
Mission space was almost 4 months of soft opening.
Test Track 3 months.
Expedition Everest 3 months.
Soarin 2 months (being an attraction that already existed in another park)

FJ is an attraction comparable to these, even bigger!(and better).
FJ needs at least 2 months of soft opening to be tested with people.
By this I mean that almost certainly (in my opinion) that we see soft-open WWOHP around April 9. If not then, very close to it.
I think there will be at least 2 months of soft opening, which is more or less what they need for an attraction of this kind.

april 9th sounds like a good day to soft open like what SAS seaid so im thiking thats the date for a soft opening.

In the queue, just clarifying... There will be one MAIN line where people without a fast pass walk, the people just wanting to tour Hogwarts walk beside that queue. The Fast Pass queue cuts most of the rooms, and meets up through a separate Portrait Gallery? (And there will be no single rider queue?) If it is true, it sounds great because they haven’t wasted any room on 3 or 4 different queues!

The main thing I was looking forward to in the queue was the Great Hall and the Grand Marble Staircase (moving)… I was definitely sure I heard that the Great Hall was present (officially announced sometime back) but now the candles have been moved to the RoR.
I don’t really care about the candles; the Enchanted Ceiling was the main thing I was looking for. It also looks as though there is a 1-100th scale Grand Marble Staircase, with only one stairway (the portrait gallery).

To anyone who has heard the music being played in the park, is it just John Williams’ Hedwigs Theme playing over and over, or is it music from all the films and games put together? (I ask about the games’ music because they are always using their music for advertising etc). I heard that John Williams re-modified Hedwigs theme, is this true?

RUPERT GRINT said himself IN A UNIVERSAL WEBCAST that the spiders were in the ride, and he isn’t happy because he has arachnephobia. The cobra heads were just in the car-park for decoration? And who says that Voldemort won’t be present, Universal said themselves they weren’t going to give everything away before the opening, maybe Voldemort let Dementors loose, and freed Hagrids Dragon? The chess scene may be gone, but I doubt the others are… I am surprised there has been no Snape mentioned, is that suspicious?

And yeah, what about an update, wasn’t there an aerial shot of the Dragon Challenge coasters being painted, but no-one said much about it?

tribbleorlfl as much as we may want a set time line we won't get one as I've said before think of it as the greatest hits of the series. It may not make complete sense or make HP hardcore fans happy (story wise) but it will involve the best of the best in scenes that you would want to experience on a slightly scary ride. As far as if we might see so & so it's more of just hinting at things. I'm sure we will see all of them they just not just be dead center in your vision & you have to look for them or may miss them.

--- Update ---

Chris & Wally please re read before you post I could barley read half of that. But no we will NOT have softs until sometime after April 9. They were shooting for the 9th BUT according to TMs it has been pushed back but I am sure as soon as its ready they will open for soft.

I guess I forget to say "Sorry if my English is not good, I speak Spanish, I hope you see what I mean. I hope you do not mind ". But yes, after reading what I wrote I realize that some are hard to understand. Sorry.

For those of you who wanted some form of an update, here are a few pictures from Twitter taken today (courtesy of @JediOutcast):

Hogwarts: http://twitpic.com/1b2b0p
Hogsmeade: http://twitpic.com/1b28gp
Both: http://twitpic.com/1b25ba

I guess I forget to say "Sorry if my English is not good, I speak Spanish, I hope you see what I mean. I hope you do not mind ". But yes, after reading what I wrote I realize that some are hard to understand. Sorry.

It's not a big deal. I could understand you clearly.