The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From the looks of it, Universal expects 2017 to be kind of a wash attendance-wise as opposed to the terrified stance they were taking to this year post-Potter. They aren't playing it safe: they're just kinda shrugging at this point.

Dead season USH is here to stay for now I guess  [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I got to go yesterday and it was an all around disappointing trip. Mostly due to family stuff, but partially on Universal's end. Three Broomsticks was an absolute fustercluck despite being relatively empty. The line management was poor and the employees were kind of snippy. We also got Butterbeer from Hogshead and it tasted like straight up sodawater. My dad asked(extremely politely I might add) one of the employees if it was supposed to taste like that and he was like, "What's soda?" I get being themed, but holy hell. When someone asks if it's meant to taste like sodawater/bland/flavorless liquid as opposed to "Is it supposed to taste like cream soda?" there's clearly something wrong. Another guy offered to replace them and did. They looked darker, but the taste was the exact same and at that point the line was long and it wasn't worth it. I got a frozen one later from TB and it tasted fine, though. The FJ lockers were a mess, but I expected that. What I did NOT expect was the to be leaning on a wall while waiting to get to use a locker and to literally be shoved by an employee passing between me and said wall. Not even a sorry. Not an excuse me. Just shoved through. I said something and he turned back and shrugged and kept walking.

Look, I've worked food service and retail/parade control for a collective four years, so I try to be as understanding as possible. (I also have been to WW Orlando more times than I can count.) But it was just a really interesting experience, yesterday.

To end on a positive note, though, the FJ students that were past the locker point were hilarious and so sweet! My sister did not take well to FJ and they let us go in a staff only area to calm her down. And everyone working in Ollivanders were so sweet and helpful, despite it being a sardine can. Also, I didn't find the 3D to be as bad as people were making it sound! :) And I typically have issues with my eyes not adjusting to 3D.

I went to USH on Tuesday this week and was quite surprised how light the crowds were.  I spent a few hours in Hogsmead and rode FJ three times - once I waited a couple of minutes and twice it was a walk-on.  I noticed one of those times the posted wait time was 30 minutes, but I decided to go on it anyway so that I could enjoy moving slowly through the queue.  Well that didn't happen because it was actually a walk on, despite the posted wait time!  I also ate at the Three Broomsticks at around 1pm; so during peak lunchtime.  Only waited about 2 minutes in a line outside before I was inside and ordering food.

I also received an email last week offering one Sunday entry during the month of May - my Costco AP is normally blocked on all weekends.  So these things make me wonder if they are a little worried about attendance levels.

As I have mentioned before, I have no intention of visiting very often because the $18 parking charge is a killer (not to mention the US101!).  And once there, I have no incentives to spend money in the park on food or overpriced merchandise, because my pass offers no discounts at all.  It would make sense if they offered APs a few more incentives to return.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
My husband has an AP, but never got the email offering the blockout day.  Is there anywhere he can go to get it?

Has he checked his spam folder? it is also possible they have not sent all the e-mails yet. Some do they a while.

Is this in reference to the exit path that dumps out next to the Studio Tour? If so, i'm pretty sure that was an accessible entrance when I was at the park on the 20th. :unsure:

We also got Butterbeer from Hogshead and it tasted like straight up sodawater. They looked darker, but the taste was the exact same and at that point the line was long and it wasn't worth it.

Also, I didn't find the 3D to be as bad as people were making it sound! :) And I typically have issues with my eyes not adjusting to 3D.

Yea, I got Butterbeer from Hogshead & it was terrible. Others on here have suggested to get it from one of the carts for the "regular". As for the 3D, its not so much an issue with eyes not being able to adjust to the 3D, its that the 3D is completely unnecessary & doesn't enhance the ride at all. Its an awful gimmick.

In other news, I had planned on going to Universal last week & today, but that didn't end up happening... yay for being exhausted from work. <_<  I'm definitely going on the 11th! ANYONE WANT TO GO??? haha... I plan to get several rides in on FJ (and Hippo lol). I still need to do Ollivander's and also watch the Frog Choir/Spirit Rally since I didn't get to when I was there last month.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
So I go to have my 2nd visit to WWOHP Hollywood yesterday... yay for days off! All I have to say is, I absolutely love the land being so empty haha. I ended up riding FJ 10 times & Hippo 6 times. The best part about Hippo was, they let us stay on if nobody was waiting for that row. It was great.

I will say though that I was disappointed to see FJ already having show issues. The first floo-network scene was not very clear. It was a little blurry (all 10 times). Also the animatronic dragon was not working properly. First ride, it didn't move at all (possibly no fog effect either). The rest of the time it "moved", but it didn't lower its head to be infront of you when it breathed "fire". I remember the first times riding FJ last month, the issue I noticed was the "fire light" when the dragon breathed only happened during the 2nd blast but not the first. So to see the issues it was having yesterday sucked. :(

Oh yea... I want MORE Dementors, I've decided there isn't enough :p

As for Butterbeer.... STILL AWFUL! I got the regular Butterbeer from the cart near FJ this time and it still lacked the strong flavor it should have. It still tasted kinda watered down. Later on I got a frozen Butterbeer from the cart near the Hogwarts Express and while it had the strong Butterbeer flavor it is supposed to, it still didn't taste right. It was too much like a Butterbeer icee. Maybe it wasn't frozen enough? I might just have to give up & give in to Butterbeer fudge (until we get the ice cream).

In other news... I STILL didn't make it into Ollivander's yesterday, nor did I watch the Tri-wizard Spirit Rally (which is the one thing I wanted to do). At least I have an excuse to go to Universal again lol... also, I now want to time it right when riding Hippo so that I'm going up the hill when they launch the plane at Waterworld. Its such a great view. Yesterday I got to see the fiery pyro (clearly wizards using magic)

No... it should not be like an icee. And I could literally taste the "ice" along with the butterbeer flavor. It was pretty melted to begin with. It should be thicker, not Butterbeer in a cup of crushed ice. -shrugs- It was never like that in Orlando any of the times I did get the frozen over the regular.

However... I still say they need to have a Butterbeer with rum... lots of rum..

I will say though that I was disappointed to see FJ already having show issues. The first floo-network scene was not very clear. It was a little blurry (all 10 times). Also the animatronic dragon was not working properly. First ride, it didn't move at all (possibly no fog effect either). The rest of the time it "moved", but it didn't lower its head to be infront of you when it breathed "fire". I remember the first times riding FJ last month, the issue I noticed was the "fire light" when the dragon breathed only happened during the 2nd blast but not the first. So to see the issues it was having yesterday sucked. :(

When I was there on Monday, the Dragon was working fine, but not breathing fire.  That said, it was the first time I've seen it have issues, and I've been there nearly once a week since the soft openings in February.

Speaking of which, I have never seen the first floo-network show clearly.  Not during the soft openings or since.  At first I chalked it up to one of the things I thought they'd work on during the soft openings, but it has never changed to this day.  Yet the last one has always been fine.  I really can't figure out whey they can get one to work, and one not.  it's always bugged me.

About a week ago I was at the park alone.  I was getting in line for FotH (which was posting about a 15 minute wait), and the TM at the front asked if I was alone.  When I said yes, they, said as a single rider, I could go through the Front of the Line gate.  It was very nice!  But do they always do that, or did I just have a very kind TM?  If they do, it certainly seems to be on the "you have to know" list.

Reactions: chris.g
About a week ago I was at the park alone.  I was getting in line for FotH (which was posting about a 15 minute wait), and the TM at the front asked if I was alone.  When I said yes, they, said as a single rider, I could go through the Front of the Line gate.  It was very nice!  But do they always do that, or did I just have a very kind TM?  If they do, it certainly seems to be on the "you have to know" list.

It has happened to me as well. It was during soft-open, a person from upper management was standing at the entrance asked if I was a single rider and sent me through Gate A. The wait was posted at 30min, so it was nice to just walk right onto the ride. 

Reactions: Rideguy70