The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've tried "regular" Butterbeer at both Orlando and Hollywood and I think they both taste awful haha. I can't make it through a full glass of it. Personal preference I guess. But the frozen version... oh man... I can slurp down those suckers faster than you can say quidditch. I've been team frozen since the first time I went in 2010. haha

^^ Funny, because some of my friends who are Orlando locals have said that ours taste much better. 

To each their own I guess..

So I finally got around to trying "regular" Butterbeer at the park... it was terrible compared to Orlando. Its definitely watered down & less flavorful. It just didn't taste right to me. I was disappointed. Will be giving the "frozen" Butterbeer a try next time I get over to the park. Hopefully its better.

I had friends from Orlando in town this week who work at Universal Orlando, even they said it tasted "off". :unsure:

I was in Orlando in Janurary and honestly can't tell the difference between here and Orlando's Butterbeer. It could be that you just got a bad "mixture" because I did have the cold Butterbeer and it was very watered down and bad, but that was only once. All the other times, it has been perfect! It might be better next time for you, so you might want to give it a try one more time ;)

It could be that you just got a bad "mixture" because I did have the cold Butterbeer and it was very watered down and bad, but that was only once.

^that is what I was thinking as well. I got it from Hogshead (which is where I normally did in Orlando). I honestly never thought there could be a bad batch, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I'll definitely try it again.

I've tried "regular" Butterbeer at both Orlando and Hollywood and I think they both taste awful haha. I can't make it through a full glass of it. Personal preference I guess. But the frozen version... oh man... I can slurp down those suckers faster than you can say quidditch. I've been team frozen since the first time I went in 2010. haha

This made me laugh more than it probably should have. I do plan to try our frozen version next time.

I wasn't a huge fan of frozen Butterbeer, but after going the last couple of times and trying it, that stuff really hit the spot. It tastes sweeter than the cold stuff to me. Probably because it was really hot. 

Had both the cold and frozen Butterbeer yesterday.  I enjoyed them both.  Love the Pumpkin Juice too!

On another note, I was surprised to see so many people lining up for general admission at the same time as the early admission people.  I would think more people would take advantage of the early admission online tickets.  Not that I minded, got to ride Forbidden Journey 3 times in 20 minutes.  I do feel the ride is fun, but felt the 3D hindered at times, seeming a little blurry, possibly due to the motion.  The clearest 3D is all the students at the end of the ride.  Of my 7 total rides, twice it got stopped mid-ride.  I'm guessing it was for loading and unloading of guests who can't do the moving walkway. One of those times was during a movie portion and the movie didn't come back on when the ride did so we were stuck looking at the white dome until we headed to the dementors  (the next movie section worked just fine).  Not sure if that always happens or something else caused that. The land was busy, but not frustratingly so.  FJ did get up to two hours at one point, and mid-day there were lines for shops and food.  I lucked out with my frozen Butterbeer, there was a long line by the castle stand, so I started walking towards the entrance and immediately ran into two groups of employees with trays of Butterbeer for sale.  No wait!  Anyway, it was an enjoyable day.

On a side note, I can now say I have ridden FJ with a bench all to myself at BOTH USF and USH.   Wish I could have had matching pictures...

^Me too, I've done Orlando and USH's FJ in a less than 1.5 month time span. However, Jon and Jonathan I think are the only people who have truly conquered FJ.....They've done FJ in Japan. ;) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
@GoHawks!!!   Oh, I did Japan also!  Only one time though.....Was at USJ last October for HHN.  Didn't get a bench to myself in Japan as the ride was super busy (had to go back a second day as one day I mainly focused on the mazes and also rides that I hadn't been on before).  So, yeah!  I've done the trifecta of Potter!!   :D

Orlando's FJ worked for me in the dome screens, at the time (Sept 2015) the projection was crystal clear which was purported to have been due to a recent upgrade. But man... I still do not like those physical scene portions. Blech, literally. Only rode two times, whereas Gringotts I did four times. Eager to see how the 3D, higher lighting, tamer profile and working effects changes things up.

Also very excited to try Pumpkin Juice. I was nervous about spending all that money for something that I thought may be pumpkin overload, but then I heard thru Parkscope that it's apple cider-ish with a pumpkin flavor laced in. That sounds much more to my liking. Between that, Butterbeer, the potted cream and more butterbeer and butterbeer fudge and butterbeer and more butterbeer... I think I'll reserve my rascal scooter to get me out of Hogsmeade now.

I was watching a YouTube video of FJ encountering technical difficulties. In the video, the emergency backup lights turn on. You can clearly see all of the 3D screens in the video. Now is it just me, or are the screens in FJ a lot smaller than the ones in Transformers?.

I was watching a YouTube video of FJ encountering technical difficulties. In the video, the emergency backup lights turn on. You can clearly see all of the 3D screens in the video. Now is it just me, or are the screens in FJ a lot smaller than the ones in Transformers?.

Oh, yeah, the screens are absolutely smaller than the ones on Transformers.

No question about it.

The ones on Transformers are absolutely massive since often times you're not actually in them, you're just facing them, so they need to take up as much of your view as possible, whereas the Potter ones are just domes, so they envelope you inside of them. Because of that, they can be small while still being immersive.

Yup. FJ screens are tiny compared to TF's. The latter is about 70% of the attraction on the upper level, with the scene with Devastator and Starscream being a 180-degree full wraparound nearly 30 feet tall. The VTU screens are almost 60 feet tall.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
Yup, it has been open for around a week. (or when they know they won't have to use the timed entry) It makes it very handy to get to the Studio Tour :)  A lot of people don't even seem to know it exists.

Looks like more blackout dates were fully dropped from my Gold Pass:

26726891066_e9050b26a3_b.jpg

That's good and bad!

Last edited by a moderator: