The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All of the above is why I believe it won't happen. It wouldn't make sense to have a separate, oddly placed building that's supposed to represent the Great Hall when the location it's depicting is really located in the castle itself.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
That's a rather large claim. Unless you have evidence to back this up, please don't go around fueling rumors obtusely.
I am not saying the rumor is true, but he will not have evidence because it's suppose to still be secret and he can't name his source either. Relax, it's just a rumor...

One thing I'm disappointed about in Japan was that they didn't change Hippogriff at all. I understand why Hippogriff is the way it is in Orlando, since it's basically a reskinned ride from 1999, but I have no clue why the hell Japan and probably Hollywood didn't take the opportunity to make a more unique Hippogriff ride...

I would've loved for us to WALK through an oversized Hagrid's hut as part of the queue. That would've been so fun! And see more of Hagrid's pumpkins and vegetation and maybe more animatronic creatures scattered around, like his fire blasting newts or whatever they were called in the book, etc. In general, I'd like to see more details around the ride.

And yes, obviously longer. That is the biggest thing I hate about Hippogriff. It looks way too short. It'd Be cool if it was taller and winded around more.

I doubt it'll be different though. Japan, the largest Studios park, got a direct clone. So....*shrug*

Yeah, that Dark Forest coaster looked like it would've been badass. But...idk, I don't know how this would've had to do with timing. A coaster is designed ahead of time and then is simply assembled and tested. It's not a dark ride with massive sets and complicated technology. So that's interesting.

But see, at least USJ has the cool Hollywood Dream coaster and Space Fantasy Coaster. We have our short lame Mummy ride. And we'll probably never have a proper large coaster. Which is exactly why I wished our Hippogriff was more substantial than the baby ride from Orlando.

We're Actually getting The Great Hall Dinning Experience which it's kept a secret right now . The Dinning Experience we'll be very unique I can't say who told me but I had to let it out.
You're kidding me!?  That's pretty awesome.  Have you heard any word on Flight of the Hippogriff or any other rumors/ possibilities about Hollywood's Wizarding World yet?  I did hear another rumor at one point (it may have even been from Inside Universal but possibly MiceAge) that the Three Broomsticks could potentially open in 2015 with Springfield as the two are sharing kitchens.  But that wouldn't make sense if the rest of Wizarding World still wouldn't be done yet, as Universal's advertising it to be open by Spring 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I want to have a more elaborate roller coaster, I have the feeling that we will get a clone of Flight of the Hippogriff. I really hope I am wrong.

Gotcha- definitely makes more sense. Do you work for Universal, Allen?
Haha no, I don't, but I have many many friends who do. Hopefully I'll work for Universal in the future sometime soon.

As much as I want to have a more elaborate roller coaster, I have the feeling that we will get a clone of Flight of the Hippogriff. I really hope I am wrong.
Yeah, I also unfortunately think it'll be a direct clone. No different than us getting Minion Mayhem, which in Orlando was originally an old ride and then got an overlay and in Hollywood we got it as a new ride. Same with Hippogriff. I wouldn't mind it being super similar to Orlando if at least our version were longer. Lord knows we need it.

Reactions: Alexshow.