The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 239 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did you ride during the day or at night?

That particular ride was immediately after RD, so during the morning.

I actually think the lighting in some of the scenes of the ride hasn't been changed.

My guess is that they did not turn on extra lights or put in more lights.

Normally the 3D glasses are slightly tinted and the frames does reduce the field of view.  So without the glasses, you get a brighter and wider view. For example looking at a Spider/dementor, you now see additional "stuff" at the peripheral rather than only restricted to the central part by the glasses.  So yes, you are just playing attention to parts not supposed to, just like what I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode the 2D version of Forbidden Journey and to be perfectly honest, it seemed to me that they were still running the 3D film, just not giving out the glasses.

Yes, I feel that way too. Especially the first screen of the castle/school building. For a moment I thought I was seeing double  for all the excitement. But the family told me that also saw double. 

Media invites are coming out for Celebration, with mention of breaking news happening at the Opening ceremony; which is presumably the long rumored Nighttime Hogwarts show that's been rumored for both Orlando and Hollywood.

Suppose the night show does happen around the castle. What can we expect? Something similar to the grand press opening with projection mapping. Just fireworks. Any specific rumors on that?

Suppose the night show does happen around the castle. What can we expect? Something similar to the grand press opening with projection mapping. Just fireworks. Any specific rumors on that?

Both Screamscape and Orlando Insider seem to think it'll involve projection mapping similar to USH's opening celebration, citing vast improvements to projection mapping technology between 2010 and 2016. The Orlando version might include fireworks, but I seriously doubt that Hollywood would have a regular fireworks show. If the people living near the park complain about the noise during HHN, I can only imagine the rage that a regular fireworks show would induce, not to mention the impact it might have on any outdoor filming being done at night.

Both Screamscape and Orlando Insider seem to think it'll involve projection mapping similar to USH's opening celebration, citing vast improvements to projection mapping technology between 2010 and 2016. The Orlando version might include fireworks, but I seriously doubt that Hollywood would have a regular fireworks show. If the people living near the park complain about the noise during HHN, I can only imagine the rage that a regular fireworks show would induce, not to mention the impact it might have on any outdoor filming being done at night.

The only reason people complain about HHN is because its late at night. They can easily do a firework show a little earlier in the night.

Their issue is noise in general. They've cornered themselves by agreeing to more stringent noise restrictions.

Its noise but late at night. Your supposed to shut off all loud sounds at 10. If you have every noticed there are sounds walls behind every house in the neighborhood near WOTW. The one on the side of the hill.

Its noise but late at night. Your supposed to shut off all loud sounds at 10. If you have every noticed there are sounds walls behind every house in the neighborhood near WOTW. The one on the side of the hill.

No? WaterWorld had to eliminate live guns due to sound spilling over. Of course the restrictions are more stringent at night, but Universal's limitation covers all operating hours.

Past work experience with attractions. When people move into the neighborhood next to a theme park in this case Universal. The theme park becomes there best friend. They will shower you with passes and parking passes to get you to like the park of course so you won't complain. People have complained about sound and the best thing that they can do us set up a sound wall surrounding there backyards. To operate fireworks in LA county you need to talk to the fire marshal before you do it and you need a license if guests are paying to view it. Same as any other thing. But with HHN think about it. Constant screaming near populated neighborhoods. I mean one of the reasons they close the tram early is because its close to the neighborhood. Universal can easily get away with a firework show at 9 at night. But think about it the speakers that will go with that show will be much louder than the fireworks.

^Universal has noise ordinances that they must abide by. Hence the contentious relationship between the neighbors and Universal. It doesn't matter the time of day, noise restrictions are in place. And trust me, the theme park is not the best friend of the surrounding neighbors.  

Changing gears to FJ, my husband and I have noticed lately (yesterday and today) that most of the screens seem to have a much better resolution lately.  You can see much more detail than before (especially the flaps and folds of their robes, the detail is stunning) and the colors seem brighter.  It's not perfect... some of the larger effects (the dragon, some of the featured dementors) have a bit of a blur.  And, of course, some screens continue to have some blur.  But more seemed better than not.  Anyone else notice the difference lately?

Also, on a merch note, they finally got the athletic versions of the house shirts back in Filtches!  I'd say get 'em fast, they sold out very quickly last time.

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but does anyone else find it odd that Universal recently released an ad for FJ with people wearing 3D glasses, yet this picture is on their website:

The Entertainment Weekly ad may have been finalized before the decision to remove 3D was made, but I still wonder why there isn't much consistency yet.

Yeah, I've also been hearing that the projections have become more vibrant and crisp. When I last rode it a few weeks ago, the projections seemed relatively clear, save for the first Floo Powder scene. Did it seem like the projections throughout the entire ride were improved, or just certain portions?

Reactions: BernardMesa