The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^I agree.  It's been blurry since the previews back in February.  At the time, I chalked it up to technical previews, and gave it a pass.  But here it is, essentially a year later, and it's never changed.

But I also concur, as I mentioned on the previous page, the projection are much clearer than ever before.  Guess I was the first one to break it here!  ;)

Rode it twice today and the projections, especially at the end where you fly back to the castle, were SUPER clear. I also noticed the Dementors had a bit of green glow lit on them when they approach you. 

I just wish they would fix the floo scenes. 

On Monday it seemed like the projection where you leave the dementors through the cave were amazingly clear. The rest of them were better then they were (on the 1st, one time was still in 3D it seemed). If they could get them all to match the last one, it would look amazing. It also seemed like they darkened the dementors room and made the dragon blow more smoke so you didn't notice the large metal cabinet under it. A fake tree would do a lot in that corner. 

Reactions: Aaron
To me what the dementor room needs the most isn't lighting adjustments, it's that it needs to be COLD. It's supposed to get cold when one gets near you, let alone how many are in that room.

Reactions: ush.hacker
I'd imagine an announcement will come during Celebration of HP later this month. 

I wonder how crowd control will work in that area before the show begins. Will guests have to enter FJ through the extended queue behind Ollivanders? Will Hippogriff be closed during that time? So many questions. 

Also, where are guests supposed to watch the show? The only areas that would provide a decent view of the castle would be in front of the Triwizard Spirit Rally stage and along the secondary Wizarding World entrance/exit that wraps around the backside of Ollivanders, Wiseacere's, and The Three Broomsticks. Even then, no matter where guests stand, this will make Hogsmeade even more congested than it already is.

Reactions: Ryan and Jonathan
To me what the dementor room needs the most isn't lighting adjustments, it's that it needs to be COLD. It's supposed to get cold when one gets near you, let alone how many are in that room.

The entire castle (at least on Monday Jan 9th) was sweltering hot. It was cool and nice outside but inside everyone had their robes off, their sleves rolled up and were gulping cups of water. It was HOT. It would be so nice to have the dementor room be cold! 

They stopped the ride for a good 15 minutes one time I was on it. I was unlucky enough to have our bench stop right in front of the dragon. They never turn off the steam all the way so there is always a little of it coming out of its mouth. One of my worst ride experiences on FJ. Good news is when the ride finally got back up and working the rest of the ride felt like a freezer.

I peed a little....... Those spotlights always give me the chills. Do you think its possible they are ONLY doing this for a special anniversary party?

Also, where are guests supposed to watch the show? The only areas that would provide a decent view of the castle would be in front of the Triwizard Spirit Rally stage and along the secondary Wizarding World entrance/exit that wraps around the backside of Ollivanders, Wiseacere's, and The Three Broomsticks. Even then, no matter where guests stand, this will make Hogsmeade even more congested than it already is.

This is so much easier for IOA since there's multiple locations, but I have a bad feeling that bleachers are going to be built in USH.

I'm thinking something more like Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom. Random shows occurring every 5-10 mins, keeping crowds flowing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ush.hacker