Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Artwork

Yep you got it, evil figment.

Not bad for someone who has never been to Orlando eh? Most people don't really understand my obsession with theme parks but it's moments like these that the facts come in handy haha..

Whoops, I've been neglecting this thread! Will post some more when I get the chance. :smiley:

Edit - In fact, here's a WIP:

14436555187_9023a56c67_c.jpg

Hasn't come through the scanner very nicely... Always blame your equipment eh ;)

That's freakin' awesome! I wish I could I could sketch! I just model in Maya and trace in Photoshop (perspective is a b****). Did you draw it freehand or did you use projection techniques? (like that one where there are two reference points outside either side of the page)

I have some things to post here...which I will do once I'm at my own PC :)

I look forward to seeing your work! I am glad people are keeping this thread running! I don't have anything to post because motivation and I are not currently good friends.

Basic Airship model I designed

islandairship2_zpsf5866a6d.jpg

Idea for a coaster car that can spin along the axis around the track....there is a ballast on the other side that moves in and out based on the weight of the passengers (I *THINK* that would work, physics speaking)

rotate1_zpsd5a1ecfd.jpg

rotate3_zps5b129210.jpg

Very basic "park map" I had started to work on for a theme park project

parkmap2_zpsb38299a1.png

Interactive Disney dark ride concept

cameratrack4test1_zps260e5d1c.png

paintridevehicleoverhead2_zpse8291d87.jpg

I have many more, but they're top secret for now ;)

Amazing work ChrisFL! Those are some awesome ride system ideas! I am loving the coloring-in dark ride idea! What 3D software do you use?

The talented people on these boards do not cease to amaze me with each post on this thread! Keep your work coming guys!

I use a combination of AutoCAD for the more tricky shapes, and Bryce3D for the basics and rendering...it's very easy to use and quite powerful, cheap too!

That's freakin' awesome! I wish I could I could sketch! I just model in Maya and trace in Photoshop (perspective is a b****). Did you draw it freehand or did you use projection techniques? (like that one where there are two reference points outside either side of the page)

Thanks Descendo! I'm still very much learning and experimenting, but it's fun - I agree about perspective, haha. I used perspective points to block out the first couple of buildings to get a proper grip on framing the scene, but the rest is freehand.

I very much like the dark ride concept Chris!

If we're doing 3D stuff...

A longboat designed for an Island Skipper Tours-esque attraction, both before and during texturing:

14656561132_d5765948bf_c.jpg

14656561062_99a90d938a_c.jpg

An ice cream stand with covered area (serving hatch in the tower) :

14654710544_ef363f505c_c.jpg

And a coaster station inspired by the original Hulk station concept art:

14633970856_f9deaa7178_c.jpg

14676856293_448f6d0342_c.jpg

I used to design this stuff to make my own scenery to import into Rollercoaster Tycoon, but now I just make it for fun :smiley:

If we're doing 3D stuff...

A longboat designed for an Island Skipper Tours-esque attraction, both before and during texturing:

14656561132_d5765948bf_c.jpg

14656561062_99a90d938a_c.jpg

An ice cream stand with covered area (serving hatch in the tower) :

14654710544_ef363f505c_c.jpg

And a coaster station inspired by the original Hulk station concept art:

14633970856_f9deaa7178_c.jpg

I used to design this stuff to make my own scenery to import into Rollercoaster Tycoon, but now I just make it for fun :smiley:
That's amazing too, I love that ship, also really unique textures looks professional!!! You guys are awesome, seriously get into the creative business of theme parks, both you and Chris

this pic, the black/yellow stripes, I've always liked that so much i got some of that tape and used it on some of my doors at home lol

Out of curiosity, did you draw this? or did you use a software?

Google Sketchup - people say it's a simplistic program but you can actually achieve some great results on complex objects.

from the looks, Computer 3D design on Indigo? Great photos and I think I saw those before..

I posted them on SGW at the time I made them, if you're a member there.