Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That says a lot of what attendance projections, and hotel reservations, are looking like for August & September, and not in a good way. ....on the plus side, there shouldn't be any problem keeping safe distancing in the parks for the
near future.

Thinks about this... the fall once upon a time was considered the slow off season... until Halloween really became a huge thing, and Disney started utilizing that season with their parties/Halloween promotions. With nothing Halloween happening this year, plus COVID... we’re looking at the biggest off season ever known to man.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thinks about this... the fall once upon a time was considered the slow off season... until Halloween really became a huge thing, and Disney started utilizing that season with their parties/Halloween promotions. With nothing Halloween happening this year, plus COVID... we’re looking at the biggest off season ever known to man.
Yes, no doubt.....No UK'ers , which are always a decent September crowd. No HHN or Mickey Party reservations. No Fall school break tourist crowds. Almost no tourists, outside of drive to border states. A local economy that is busted. It's going
to be a tough couple of months.

Yes, no doubt.....No UK'ers , which are always a decent September crowd. No HHN or Mickey Party reservations. No Fall school break tourist crowds. Almost no tourists, outside of drive to border states. A local economy that is busted. It's going

and as much as we don’t like to admit, Disney brings the tourists. Which benefit most every other park. It’s not going to be fun for anyone.

Between my trip in June and September with the large groups of people going, that's a loss of about $65,000 to the area and that's just 2 groups.

It's brutal.

Between my trip in June and September with the large groups of people going, that's a loss of about $65,000 to the area and that's just 2 groups.

It's brutal.

VeEd.gif

Disney has a Deluxe issue. With DVC pushing so many effectively deluxe resorts open, there is a surplus of expensive rooms over $250/n. Pop is the only property that has come close to selling out (and I want to say actually has sold out of the hotel’s slightly reduced capacity a few times) because it is a value. CBR coming online this week is expected to aid that, but not by too much.

When even Universal is struggling to sell it’s more expensive rooms (RPR and HRH are both running for around 300/n) it’s no wonder Disney is struggling with so many resorts.

Disney has a Deluxe issue. With DVC pushing so many effectively deluxe resorts open, there is a surplus of expensive rooms over $250/n. Pop is the only property that has come close to selling out (and I want to say actually has sold out of the hotel’s slightly reduced capacity a few times) because it is a value. CBR coming online this week is expected to aid that, but not by too much.

When even Universal is struggling to sell it’s more expensive rooms (RPR and HRH are both running for around 300/n) it’s no wonder Disney is struggling with so many resorts.
Are the All-Stars open? Opening up at least on of the All-Stars seem obvious if Pop is doing good with occupancy. Also is Yacht Club still scheduled to open in late August? That seems like a hotel they could wait on since there's no DVC.

Are the All-Stars open? Opening up at least on of the All-Stars seem obvious if Pop is doing good with occupancy. Also is Yacht Club still scheduled to open in late August? That seems like a hotel they could wait on since there's no DVC.
They are currently taking the wait and see approach with CBR opening to see if it will help to satiate the need for more reasonably priced options.

Reactions: Nick
If it wasn't for Theme Parks (in our case Universal is our main destination, and Disney only occasionally) we would probably never vacation in Orlando. If we were doing a non theme parks trip to Florida, it would be to a beach town.
Definitely. Same here. The only vacation trip I could think of to Florida was the one I did in the past, namely spring training baseball sites, and a few days at the beaches on the Caribbean side. I would do that again, but no way Alene would do that since she doesn't like sports. So that's a no, also.

Definitely. Same here. The only vacation trip I could think of to Florida was the one I did in the past, namely spring training baseball sites, and a few days at the beaches on the Caribbean side. I would do that again, but no way Alene would do that since she doesn't like sports. So that's a no, also.
Gulf side ;) :wave:
"Mine Hunk Bars" :dance:

Gulf side ;) :wave:
"Mine Hunk Bars" :dance:
and....that shows how much interest I have in the state....outside of the WDW/Universal theme park resorts , which I love. :lol:....no no no...it's 'Mill' Hunk Bars,...that term (short for Hunky) was originally
used as a derogatory term to describe all of our Eastern European immigrant ancestors in Pa/Ohio/Michigan when they first immigrated . But instead of being sensitive about the term, we've always prided on it. We're proud to be called Hunkies. To us it means the common, hard working, hard drinking blue collar folk that makes the most out of what we have, and worked hard for. We still use the term among ourselves. It's called turn the tables and make a positive out of a negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel

If I were to be more honest, if it wasn't for the theme parks I probably wouldn't vacation in Florida at all. For a beach vacation I'd be more likely to do an all inclusive resort vacation to somewhere in the Caribbean (Dominican Republic, Cuba, Costa Rica etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.