Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently also there is no "B mode" so if any of the animatronics is down the ride is down.
Not quite “any” but the Tianas or Louies…. 101

It’s basically now a ride that has four or five of the Kylo Rens from the end of RotR, except no B Mode to look out the window … and I know how often I’ve had to look out that window.

I figured Engineering laid eyes on what WDI built and just thought fml

Last edited:
It's still awkward how every scene isn't really designed as its own space, but a long corridor down to a point of interest or self-contained scene. Like instead of creating a scene where fireflies are zooming around you or above you, there's effectively just a themed straightaway directing your attention towards a projection of fireflies at the end.

It's still awkward how every scene isn't really designed as its own space, but a long corridor down to a point of interest or self-contained scene. Like instead of creating a scene where fireflies are zooming around you or above you, there's effectively just a themed straightaway directing your attention towards a projection of fireflies at the end.
I'm so interested to see how Disneyland is done, I could be wrong but Disneyland has many more curves in its design

Having watched the split screen POV with Splash it looks like the "boring" areas were just as boring in Splash.

I'm hearing from CM friends that Tiana is having downtimes already during MK CM previews. Just like with Frozen they changed the experience but made no improvements to the ride's systems and reliability...

I know I am in the minority and will get roasted for this. I will say I have not watched a POV of the new ride, but the first time I rode splash was as an adult and honestly I came off thinking it was boring and didn't ride it again until I had kids. With kids it was better seeing their excitement.

Reactions: GAcoaster
I know I am in the minority and will get roasted for this. I will say I have not watched a POV of the new ride, but the first time I rode splash was as an adult and honestly I came off thinking it was boring and didn't ride it again until I had kids. With kids it was better seeing their excitement.
season 6 dewey largo GIF

I mean I did say I would be roasted so trying to burn me lines up.

We all have our own opinions and I assume if I had ridden as a child my opinion of it would be different than first ride as an adult. I have seen many rides differently watching my kids experience them.

I mean I did say I would be roasted so trying to burn me lines up.

We all have our own opinions and I assume if I had ridden as a child my opinion of it would be different than first ride as an adult. I have seen many rides differently watching my kids experience them.
I really have no idea

I went it on pretty young and it was my favorite ride since I went on it....so yeah I'm bias because that ride blew me away as a kid and as an adult its a ride I would annoy my friends with because I could ride that thing 10 times in a day and still be ready for more.

(also Disneyland version is shorter by a few mins so that might help)

What I liked about it was it had a part with nature and nice views and none lyrical music, then a dark ride part with lots of characters, some thrills with a huge drop at the end and of the best ending ever with the River boat, great music

But not for everyone like any attraction, I'm sure there are some not impressed by HM and Pirates.

I really have no idea

I went it on pretty young and it was my favorite ride since I went on it....so yeah I'm bias because that ride blew me away as a kid and as an adult its a ride I would annoy my friends with because I could ride that thing 10 times in a day and still be ready for more.

(also Disneyland version is shorter by a few mins so that might help)

What I liked about it was it had a part with nature and nice views and none lyrical music, then a dark ride part with lots of characters, some thrills with a huge drop at the end and of the best ending ever with the River boat, great music

But not for everyone like any attraction, I'm sure there are some not impressed by HM and Pirates.
i think it looks fine, it’s just not at intense feeling at splash which is fine to me… its for families and kids….

i think it looks fine, it’s just not at intense feeling at splash which is fine to me… its for families and kids….
To Quote Walt

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.
For every laugh, there should be a tear

I hate the "its for kids" excuse makes it where you can pass trash off because its for Kids...many many things made for kids his adults just as much as kids

Also looking fine is not what one of the top 5 liked rides at Disneyland and MK should be a goal, should in every way be trying to outshine it which tech wise for sure it is but story...pacing wise and what not its much more up for debate

First time I rode it, I was 54. I instantly fell in love with it, and it was my FAV WDW attraction. It 'always' put a 'big Smile' on my face while riding it. I was really pi - - ed off when they closed it. But I've accepted that stuff happens, and if the Tiana experience is even half as good as Splash, I'll be OK with it.

To Quote Walt

I hate the "its for kids" excuse makes it where you can pass trash off because its for Kids...many many things made for kids his adults just as much as kids

Also looking fine is not what one of the top 5 liked rides at Disneyland and MK should be a goal, should in every way be trying to outshine it which tech wise for sure it is but story...pacing wise and what not its much more up for debate
I mean it is what it is. They did this ride in a year with I’m guessing a strict budget. Thank god we got this right?! lol

Yeah, especially when the scenes were a lot more "filled" and substantial when they built it from the ground up! Even with an overlay it's more empty....and it shouldn't be that way.

I think it's fair to point out that many AAs used for Splash were recycled from America Sings. They were able to get creative in that regard to fill the attraction up. Tiana's didn't get the same benefit.

EDIT: DISREGARD

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael S