Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not jumping for joy over it, but it could've looked worse I suppose. I just feel like this is the most generic way to do this. No real flair or weenie. If anything, the attraction's weenie is now the water tower which is disappointing because it's the ugliest part.

I'm not jumping for joy over it, but it could've looked worse I suppose. I just feel like this is the most generic way to do this. No real flair or weenie. If anything, the attraction's weenie is now the water tower which is disappointing because it's the ugliest part.
Maybe just me, but I imagine the flowery mountain will pair really well with the New Orleans streets and the antebellum mansion at Disneyland, which was probably their intention.

People still don't realize how weird it is they made a generationally beloved ride out of this.

I think people just don't understand (or refuse to) see what's wrong with that clip there. Quite literally the most I've ever seen from that film and... Wow. Glad they did this. Don't care what anyone says about it.

Reactions: Jake S and jarmor
I think people just don't understand (or refuse to) see what's wrong with that clip there. Quite literally the most I've ever seen from that film and... Wow. Glad they did this. Don't care what anyone says about it.
I actually have it on DVD and have probably seen it about five times as a kid, and I feel like I have a more healthy understanding of it's problems than people who've only encountered it in the abstract.

Maybe just me, but I imagine the flowery mountain will pair really well with the New Orleans streets and the antebellum mansion at Disneyland, which was probably their intention.
Could they not have tweaked it for Magic Kingdom, where it's book-ended on either side by the Old West?

Something slightly more muted (i.e. not flowers) would have been fine.

^ and not be authentic to new Orleans?
7812878940_f612b4f6e8_b.jpg

hillside-tudor-manor-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlandoGuy
They can do whatever they want on the inside of the ride.

I wish they were making even a nominal effort for MK's version have slightly more of Frontierland influence on the exterior.

They can do whatever they want on the inside of the ride.

I wish they were making even a nominal effort for MK's version have slightly more of Frontierland influence on the exterior.
I think, especially if the beyond Big Thunder happens, that area will be the new Frontierland and the current area will take on more of a New Orleans vibe.

So that it more cohesively fits the land it in which it currently resides.

I'm not talking about massive changes. Just going slightly more muted than having overt flowers covering the structure.

Last edited:
My issue is that the scale of the "mountain" feels off now with the water tower and no "weenie" at the top like the boat stuck at the top from the original concept art.
You are only saying that as a subconscious way to compare it to splash mountain. I know that may be a "hot take" but sometimes we gotta get outta those power fan mode and look at things through the eyes of the GP. I don't think many members of the GP will be shutter the boat or the "wennie" is gone. I doubt many even seen the concept lol. I mean, the concept art featured tiana in a ball gound with louis in a boat. I don't think we will see that in the ride. It said for concept only for a reason im starting to think as they were spit balling.
So that is more cohesively fits the land it in which it currently resides.

I'm not talking about massive changes. Just going slightly more muted than having overt flowers covering the structure.
In my opinion. . .
Fit the "land" it's in < Fit the story it's telling

Last edited:
Reactions: Legacy
I love New Orleans…and I like what I see so far. As a casual visitor (as in, not a historian of the place), I think it emulates what it’s going for.
My issue is that the scale of the "mountain" feels off now with the water tower and no "weenie" at the top like the boat stuck at the top from the original concept art.
I see what you’re saying, but this is one of those things where I don’t think anything that sounds conceptually good would’ve worked right. That boat looked ridiculous, even in the concept art. Before we had…a trees stump. It worked because it was high up, but anything more than that would look like overkill IMO.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and jarmor
Do we have any pics of the other side? I’ve only really seen the splash down side. Curious if it’s as floral on that side. I do like how it looks generally.

Also, wasn’t there a rumor that a mini Tiana land was coming with a Peco’s Bill retheme?

I think, especially if the beyond Big Thunder happens, that area will be the new Frontierland and the current area will take on more of a New Orleans vibe.
This is the way they should go now that the “frontier” part of Frontierland is just the shooting arcade, outpost, Country Bears, and Pecos Bill. Excluding Big Thunder obviously if we’re drawing a new line at Tiana’s.

I haven’t been able to tell through the scaffolding, but are they reprofiling the drop angle? 45 degrees wasn’t exactly steep to begin with - hopefully they don’t nerf it even more.

Do we have any pics of the other side? I’ve only really seen the splash down side. Curious if it’s as floral on that side. I do like how it looks generally.

Also, wasn’t there a rumor that a mini Tiana land was coming with a Peco’s Bill retheme?

Most of the floral is at the top section of the mountain... the rest of the rockwork has gone untouched for the most part.

The splashdown area received new foliage and that's it... it's pretty much the same as it was before. The entire rockwork structure near the old store (across Big Thunder's entrance) hasn't even been touched yet, and most of the facades by the exit seem to be staying intact.

Reactions: Nico
Most of the floral is at the top section of the mountain... the rest of the rockwork has gone untouched for the most part.

The splashdown area received new foliage and that's it... it's pretty much the same as it was before. The entire rockwork structure near the old store (across Big Thunder's entrance) hasn't even been touched yet, and most of the facades by the exit seem to be staying intact.
This helps! I was wondering if this could be compared to Tower of Terror and the Moroccan theming in the back.