Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tilikum has Died

...indefinitely.
Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

in·def·i·nite·ly
ˌinˈdef(ə)nətlē/
adverb
  1. for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.
    "talks cannot go on indefinitely"
    • to an unlimited or unspecified degree or extent.
      "an indefinitely large number of channels"

I think he was being sarcastic but even still, the definition fits exactly what he said. They live an unspecified period of time in nature.

Last edited:
I think he was being sarcastic but even still, the definition fits exactly what he said. They life an unspecified period of time in nature.

I was being sarcastic. Even if I were being literal, as you point out, it still makes sense. I truly don't understand his point- if, in fact, he has one. Maybe it's just to increase his post count. If that's it, top notch work.

Wow! The amount of pathetic animal activists in he page saying "Good he will no longer be in a tank" "It's all your fault Seaworld" disgust me. Seaworld actually cares about their animals and we have learned so much from them

Wow! The amount of pathetic animal activists in he page saying "Good he will no longer be in a tank" "It's all your fault Seaworld" disgust me. Seaworld actually cares about their animals and we have learned so much from them

You mean the people who tell people that they're brainwashed because they haven't watched Blackfish?

Or the people who on one hand say that they wish the orcas could live out their days in the ocean and condone hunting but eat meat from a grocery store. You know, the animals that live free until they are shot vs the animals kept and raised in confinement for slaughter.

The emboldenment for idiots that social media allows is a travesty.

Or the people who on one hand say that they wish the orcas could live out their days in the ocean and condone hunting but eat meat from a grocery store. You know, the animals that live free until they are shot vs the animals kept and raised in confinement for slaughter.

The emboldenment for idiots that social media allows is a travesty.

Makes them pretty easy to spot though, the ones that hide it and get passive/aggressive are the ones that give me a pain.

I think he was being sarcastic but even still, the definition fits exactly what he said. They live an unspecified period of time in nature.

I was being sarcastic. Even if I were being literal, as you point out, it still makes sense. I truly don't understand his point- if, in fact, he has one. Maybe it's just to increase his post count. If that's it, top notch work.
I was teasing because saying they'd live indefinitely would suggest that they'd live forever.

Tilikum lived to 35. I read that wild male orcas average lifespan is about 29 years?

Tilikum lived to 35. I read that wild male orcas average lifespan is about 29 years?
I was curious about that myself earlier and googled it, and the most official thing I could find that wouldn't likely be propaganda for one side or the other was this NOAA site that says they can live to be 50-80:
National Marine Mammal Laboratory
I also seem to recall reading in the past that no one really knows how long they can live because no one has really done heavy research on them except, you know... SeaWorld.