Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TODAY Cafe

The reaction to this on Facebook has proved to me that people will never like what Universal does regardless of what they do

They add a new dark ride, people say add a coaster...They add a coaster, people say add a dark ride
They refurbish an ugly cafe...people get oddly butthurt because it's replaced by the Today show...The most happy go lucky news show on TV

I can't wait to see how they complain about the new park honestly, it's entertaining
The previous cafe was ugly? I thought it looked good :)

The Today Cafe may well be the most advertised 'small' theme park quick service food location ever. From the many sweep stake Orlando Universal vacation ads I've been seeing on the NBC Today Show, it almost has new ride attraction status. They are really getting blood out of a stone here, squeezing it for every ounce......Marketing for Tangled bathrooms has finally met it's marketing match. ;):lol:......Universal may actually end up selling some vacation packages with this marketing lead, to the astonishment of us all. :)

I don’t understand why Universal won’t make the proposed MIB Restaurant that was supposed to be built next to the ride. The park could have an additional restaurant, as the other ones often get overcrowded/lines out the door.

Anyone have anymore info about that proposal? Was it even real?

I don’t understand why Universal won’t make the proposed MIB Restaurant that was supposed to be built next to the ride. The park could have an additional restaurant, as the other ones often get overcrowded/lines out the door.

Anyone have anymore info about that proposal? Was it even real?
Was it real? Yes.

It didn't get built because the recession hit, which slowed all investments in the park. It won't get built now because it's a dated IP and the expansion pad for it earmarked for other things.

Was it real? Yes.

It didn't get built because the recession hit, which slowed all investments in the park. It won't get built now because it's a dated IP and the expansion pad for it earmarked for other things.
Which recession? Also, a lot of people, including myself and my friends, aren’t really into the newer IPs. I guess I’m an old soul.
Hell I’d bet the ride itself is earmarked for other things in the next 10 years
That would be awful. Enough attractions have been slaughtered for downgraded replacements. Also, a new MIB movie is coming out, and, wouldn’t it be great to market the new film somehow? :)

Last edited:
Universal isn’t really interested in marketing other people’s films, generally
Except Warner Bros’ The Wizarding World and Disney’s Marvel Comics. Why can’t Universal cater to all thrill seekers? I feel like I’m not being treated fair.
Also, themed attractions are meant to last forever.

Last edited:
Zki6LEk.gif

Forgot on mentioning in regards to TODAY Cafe, and the menu looks great.

Which recession? Also, a lot of people, including myself and my friends, aren’t really into the newer IPs. I guess I’m an old soul.
"Recession" wasn't the right word on my part. I was referring to when tourism tanked (2001-2008). Universal was lucky to get through that period without shuttering.
They market the crap out of everything that I’m not interested in, and, it makes me depressed...
Not to sound disrespectfully flippant, but that's a you problem. Not a Universal problem.