TODAY Cafe | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

TODAY Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My first initial reaction to this was a illumination themed restaurant. It would make the most sense. DM and hopefully the future SLOP will be next to it. They even themed the current Coca Cola lounge to SLOP at one point. Just thinking out loud as I’m typing this.
Yeah, that was my first reaction too, either Dreamworks or illumination IP. But then, with the hints from Brian and Legacy, it seems like it's probably a done deal with the Today Show theme.

I’m more concerned with how long this will be down. With very few breakfast places available in the park, I would hope they would prioritize turning this around quickly, but their comment to Alicia said “in the months to come”. Makes me think they won’t be in much of a rush.

I’m more concerned with how long this will be down. With very few breakfast places available in the park, I would hope they would prioritize turning this around quickly, but their comment to Alicia said “in the months to come”. Makes me think they won’t be in much of a rush.
I’m thinking they’ll miss spring break, but hopefully be up by summer. Just a guess.

Doesn’t that seem like a long layoff for a quick rebrand? Not saying you’re wrong, because I think you’re right, but then how is it just a rebrand?
Similar to the Hello Kitty store, this will likely be an opportunity to update and replace old structural elements, making the restaurant good as new. And without pressure to get this done fast like an attraction, I bet they take a more lesurely approach here. Again, just a guess.

At the end of the day I expect the menu to remain similar, but the appearance of the structure will be updated inside and out.

I always wondered why they didn't do anything with Ellen ever...I mean, probably the fact that she was at Epcot for so long...I know she may possibly be ending the show soon as well

Anywho, I'm curious to see how they expand this and open it more...It should be a sleeker take on the area

Reactions: tankart150
Yeah this was a tradition to grab a breakfast sandwich here when my and my friends went to USF. Though I always enjoyed the spot, I'm cool with it being updated.

Reactions: tankart150